Click Here!

Happy Turkey Day!

ZombieDuke

Happy Turkey Day my fellow Canucks!

May there be plently of food, turkey, cheer, good drink, loving friends and family, and most of all: delicious mouth-watering turkey! (yes, I am a just a bit obessed with turkey. I've been waiting for this day since august!)

cheers.gif

To my northern neighbors in Canada:

Happy Turkey Day ya'll! clap.gif

I'm having a pretty good day too, it was Employee Appreciation Day at my job. I got PAID to eat the catered lunch and play games all afternoon. cool.gif

The turkey was good. Very good. In fact, it was barbecued because the weather was all summery.

I get to eat turkey again next month (Thanksgiving USA), and during the winter holidays. Come to think of it, I get to eat turkey at the end of this week because we're making two for Eid.

No wonder I gain so much weight during this time of year.

Too true...

On Canadian Thanksgiving, I splurge during dinner. On Eid, I splurge all day for two days straight. During American Thanksgiving, it's 4 days. Don't get me started on Christmas and New Years.

Turkey's guaranteed during Thanksgiving and Christmas. Depending on when Eid falls, we make masala turkey.

I think the biggest splurge is going all-out on dessert (chocolate fondue and tubs of ice cream, anyone?) The only diet is the one where I watch my sugar and that goes out the window.

I guess I'm actually worried this year because I have to do some amateur modeling this year for my university, a health organization, and a multi-cultural organization. Not worried about the face that much (no acne yet, thank god!), but there's only so much camouflaging that can be done for the stomach.

Who cares? Food is more important than modeling. It always has been and always will be.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.