10 members have voted

1. 1. Slash Harry Potter

• Yes - Definatly
    • No
    • It was never ment to be

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

As I am rather cynical person and also rather aware of J.K. Rowling's attitude towards some kinds of fanfiction based on Harry Potter, I personally think that telling about Dumbledore's sexuality that much later (especially as Sirius/Remus was practically canon until she broke both Remus' and Tonks' personalities to get them into proper heterosexual marriage), it was only rather pathetic attempt to cover her arse against people possibly thinking she has an anti-gay attitude.

Maybe it is just me (being an ardent slasher) but it just feels like the most believable reason.

• 2 months later...

Actually, I tend to believe Rowling only announced Dumbledore's gayness as a means of boosting sales after the end of the series. It had no bearing in the main story plot, so there was really no reason to come back (what was it, six-seven months?) after book 7 came out, just to tell everyone that a dead character was in fact homosexual.

Either that or she was getting flack from certain groups about not having any homosexual characters. Or, again, she wanted to boost sales and saw how popular slash fanfiction was.

Personally I love slash, can't write a story without it, but if she ever came out with a slash tie-in to the Harry Potter books, I wouldn't read it. Not unless I heard smashing reviews and knew what the pairings were. She would seem way too desperate to me if she ever did something like that. I'm actually rather curious if she'll try anything with the Bard book(s).

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.