Click Here!

Doing a Major edit

I know there is some kind of rule in place about editing stories. But I am doing a major edit where all the chapters are being replaced with new text. I am rewriting one of my best stories to make it better. I am wondering if I am allowed to do this?

I'm not an admin, so this might not be totally correct, but I think the "no excessive editing" rule was there as a stopgap until the admins changed the site setup so editing a fic didn't place it at the top of the 'most recent' list, because some people would repeatedly 'edit' their fics without chainging anything so they would constantly be at the top of the list and thus get more hits.

Basically, you should be fine now, but if you want make sure try to time your edits so they take up less than an hour of time and don't, like, edit to update a chapter once every day for a week.

Guest Madapple

No one wants to keep you from editing your story. The no excessive editing rule was put into place to keep people from doing minor edits and continually bumping their stories to the top.

There is now an 'edit indicator' on every fic listing, to show when they are edited and when additional chapters are indeed added.

Simply editing your chapter should not bump it to the top of the list.

Thanks.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.