Click Here!

Maximum A/N length

nekluvshp

Sometime since the start of the archive updates, I remember reading somewhere that there was now a maximum length allowed for A/N's. However, I cannot for the life of me find the post it was in. I always do a thorough search just to make sure I don't clog up any forum with reposts. Did I actually read this somewhere, or was it my imagination?

If I did see this, what is the maximum length?

Is it a set in stone thing or is it more of a guideline to help cut down on non-story content? Ex: If the A/N length is not to be longer than say, 500 characters, will an extra 20 or 30 characters result in some type of punishment?

Our Content Guidelines states that Author's Notes within a chapter can be no longer than 600 words. This actually has been around for a while, and it really is words, not characters.

If an author's note goes over 600 words, we email the author and ask them to shorten the note. We give a 7 day period from the time we email, and then, if the note isn't shortened, we do hide the story until the correction is made, or until over 30 more days goes by, at which point we delete the story.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.