Click Here!

Adding/Changing Content Codes on existing stories

boo

Well, I remember reading a walkthrough of how to add or change the content codes on an existing story in the now nonexistent FAQ. Going into my “edit story” panel, I find nothing I can use to do so. Thus leading me to conclude that either it can’t be done anymore, or, that it’s a really user-unfriendly process.

The process for adding codes hasn't changed at all. The entire FAQ from before has been removed due to issues, and is in the process of being re-written.

If you want to add new codes to an existing story, you need to do it manually. Click on "Edit Story", select a story and choose "Edit Details", and type the new codes into the "Summary" field.

I agree that it'd help a lot if the FAQ was still available. We'll try to repost it as soon as possible.

It is mandatory to give warnings for all content. You can put a note in the summary such as "Warnings inside", then list all the warnings in an author's note before beginning the story.

If you fail to provide a warning for certain content, you can be reported for it and the staff would have to acknowledge it. Better safe than sorry.

I'm serious - you could put one brief M/M kiss in a 20-chapter fic that's otherwise M/F, and if you fail to put a warning in at least at the beginning of that chapter, a homophobic person could report it and the report would be fully valid. The staff could personally find the reporter to be an asshole who's throwing a hissy-fit over nothing, but they'd have no choice but to issue a warning and put it on your record because the reporter would legally be right.

Trust me, it's best to cover yourself as thoroughly as possible because you never know.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.