Click Here!

Mix Beer With Liquor and You Will Get Sicker

LockedBox

Hi everyone, I live! After eight long, painful months of neglect, exams and vanishing betas I am back and Mix Beer with Liquor has its second chapter, whoo! I can't honestly express how great it feels to have this story back off the ground after so long so I'll just quit the jibber jabber and get to the story!

Author: LockedBox (that would be me :P)

Title: Mix Beer With Liquor and You Will Get Sicker

Summary: Lauchlan never thought himself a violent man, quite the opposite in fact but when Lauchlan finds himself in another man's bed he starts to reconsider everything that he thought he knew about love, his life and his mysterious bed partner.

Feedback: Feedback is mana from heaven! Seriously, I don't care if you hate it, love it or think that it has all the entertainment value of a slab of concrete, just keep your tone cordial and your critique constructive and I will be a happy author.

Fandom: This is the spawn of my sleep deprived and caffeine fueled imagination.

Pairing: M/M, Lauchlan/Corbin

Warnings: M/M, Oral, Anal, rim

URL: http://original.adul...hp?no=600104061

Without much ado I am happy to invite you to read my story! I shall be using this thread to announce new chapters and edits, so please subscribe if you want to be kept in the loop. Speaking of which I have also started a review reply thread over here, in which I shall be replying to all of my reviews from now on. If you have a question about my story please leave it in a review or post in the review reply thread and I will be back to you as soon as possible. I'm afraid, however, that I may not answer any questions pertaining to the back stories and motivations of my main characters. Many of these details will be key later in the story and I do not hand out spoilers just because you ask nicely. Don't let that put you off though. I love having discussions so don't hesitate to swing by and have a chat, there are plenty of other things that I am all too happy to talk about.

Thankyou very much for reading and I hope that you enjoy the fruit of my imagination!

Edited by LockedBox

• 1 month later...

Alright guys, It's been a bit longer than anticipated so I thought I would let you all know that I am not dead.

Chapter three IS written, and it will be posted, but some issues have come up in real life and those issues come first.

The chapter has been written and has been given it's first edit. At the moment it's being combed again for any issues that slipped through the first time and several changes I made are being checked and edited as well. Once that edit is done, the chapter should be ready to post. I can not make guarantees pertaining to when that will be but I don't think it will be too much longer now.

Sorry for the wait everyone, but I think it will be worth it :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Hello AFF, It's been a while but Ch3 is finally here! There were a few issues in RL that sent progress grinding to a hault, but now it is back at last. This chapter is when things start getting interesting :devil: I hope you all enjoy the read!

Edited by LockedBox

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello AFF! Chapter six, Know Which Side Your Bread Is Buttered On, has been posted to AFF! Unfortunately due to RL issues my beta was unable to proofread this chapter. I've done my best to self edit but any input you may have toward the piece would be gratefully accepted, as is all and any feedback.

• 1 month later...

Hello people! No new chapter today I'm afraid. Chapter seven is giving me grief, but chapter eight is shaping up quite nicely. The reason I'm posting today is that I decided to give myself a treat for making it through uni this semester, and commissioned the lovely, amazing FiDi to draw up a simple couple sketch page of Lauchlan and Corbin. You can see it on her deviantart here, I think she did a spot on job of capturing them! I really can't encourage you to go and give this girl your money, she's a wonderful artist, especially where the human form is concerned, unlike myself who struggles with such things often.

Thankyou all, and hopefully I'll be back soon with a new chapter!

• 3 months later...

Hello people. After much delay chapter seven, Talk is Cheap, is up. I am so sorry for the delay, this chapter has been a royal pain, and I fear it may not be worth the wait. I hope you enjoy it none the less, and I hope I can get the next chapter to cooperate with me a little more!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello people. No new chapter yet I'm afraid, but I have got something else for you. I've been a big fan of TVTropes for a few years now and I've decided to make a TVTropes page for MBWLAYWGS. TV Tropes is a surprisingly useful tool for self analysis, plotting and storycrafting in general and I heartily recommend it. If you want to read the page pop over here and check it out. Feel free to edit it and add tropes as you see fit. I'll pop round every now and again to add a trope or two but apart from that I'm not about to interfere with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys! Chapter eleven: The Straw That Broke The Camels Back, has just been posted.

Also, chapters one through four have received minor edits. Mostly cuts and corrections, hopefully it will serve to make the first few chapters a little smoother.

While I'm glad to have gotten this one out so quickly, I'm afraid the next is unlikely to be finished until early to mid November due to this being my final year at uni. If you want to see what I'm doing in class take a look at my deviantart, I intend to post some of my works there once they've been marked.

Edited by LockedBox

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I totally forgot about this story. I couldn't remember the name of it or who wrote it when I went back to read the rest of it (only got to chapter 5 before I quit for the night, stupid me didn't bookmark the page). I don't remember how I stumbled upon it the first time but I know it wasn't even near the new updates page, so I'm really glad you posted a new chapter because now I can read it from the beginning again! Thanks for updating!

CL

• 2 weeks later...

Oh hey! Sorry for the late reply, I monitored my reviews and review discussion posts for content, but didn't think to check up here! I'm glad that I could be of help, and thanks for posting about it too! It's good to know that the thread is doing it's job. If you want to keep better tabs on this I also cross post to Ao3. It's the same content, but Ao3 has more user friendly bookmarking and subscription tools which may be more convienient. I hope you enjoyed the chapter :)

Edited by LockedBox

• 9 months later...

Uh, hello, people. I'm not dead. Know it seems that way. Chapter fourteen, well, it kicked my arse, but it's done now. Well, I'm calling it done. I had a big old ramble in the authors notes, so if you still care, that's where it is. Anyway, chapter Fourteen A Storm in a Teacup is done. Also, if you are unaware, I have some snippets over on my AO3 page. I do the majority of my reading and writing over on AO3 these days, since the site is much more user friendly. Have no fear though, I will continue to post MBWLAYWGS on here, at least until it's finished, so there no need for you to go out of your way.

Edited by LockedBox

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...