Click Here!

What does this all mean?

Guest Agaib

hug.gif You're not the only one dear.

We still have no idea what's going on with the site.

However, we've managed to glean some encouraging news.

The archives are here to stay. No one on the remaining site staff is going to be fired, including trae, Nan, and Mad.

The forums are here to stay. None of the forum mods are going to be fired.

I know it's not much, but it's something.

Meanwhile, we're doing our best to get to the bottom of the situation, despite the fact that it's now 4:40 AM and I have a class at noon.

We're a dedicated lot, we are.

Of course its a good idea to stay civil, I think all of us have done a good job with this so far. I would appreciate it if Acal sent me the info in a PM.

I apologize if My original post seemed too confrontational. I didn't mean it to be. I just wanted to point out that AFF isn't just a website. Someone posted before that AFF was a "bike" and it was stolen from Jaxxy. Whether or not the website was stolen I have to disagree with the "bike" analysis.

AFF is not a bike. AFF is a group of people. The website is where the group of people congregate and share ideas and stories and our group would be severely damaged by the loss of the website but AFF is also a community of people (complete with mini-memes: In a Box Male Order Company etc.)with thoughts and feelings. Considering how valuable the website is to our group the community deserves to know.

I want to thank everyone who has been civil and understanding during this period of confusion. If we as Mods did know what was going on we would let you know. Honestly, (and I speak for myself and only myself here) I have been just as confused and scared as the rest of you. However, keeping a cool head and open eyes helps calm one down. I have questions just like the rest of you and I'm sure we will get the answers we seek in good time.

Please remember that this was done quickly and no one had the chance to let us know what was going on a head of time. Speaking of time, that is what we all need. Time to calm down, take a few deep breaths and figure out what we're going to do next. Patience is a virtue after all.

Once again, thank you for asking questions that needed to be asked, and being adults in waiting for the answers. (And please remember that mudslinging not only gets the person it's slung at dirty, but those who sling it as well.)

Thank you,

Leonhart29

*I only speak for myself and my feelings - not the rest of the Mods, so please take that into consideration as well. I just wanted to impart my thanks to all*

hug.gif You're not the only one dear.

We still have no idea what's going on with the site.

However, we've managed to glean some encouraging news.

The archives are here to stay. No one on the remaining site staff is going to be fired, including trae, Nan, and Mad.

The forums are here to stay. None of the forum mods are going to be fired.

I know it's not much, but it's something.

Meanwhile, we're doing our best to get to the bottom of the situation, despite the fact that it's now 4:40 AM and I have a class at noon.

We're a dedicated lot, we are.

hug.gif

Thank you so much Eve, and everybody too...

For those of us not in the inner Mod circle, it has been quite worrying... unsure.gif

I have never seen people so calm and non-confrontational on a forum in my life. I think that says a lot about the community, and as someone who lurks a lot here, I appreciate all of you.

I thank our community for not going into crisis mode, I think that the calm has helped a lot with the people that are aware that something is going on. I know it makes me a lot less worried.

*Calmly waits for the answers from both sides*

There is a post by Jaxxy in the Tech Forum (Located at the top of the Forum Home Page) explaining her side of the issue if you'd like to view it LemonDrops.

It's under the Fiction Issues Subforum I believe....

EDIT: Yes, and it's under the, "What the hell is going on?!" Thread.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.