Click Here!

Missing Sections

raintenshi

A lot of technical changes have been made. I and several others have been running archive checks for disclaimers, wide scrolls, etc, and many of the corrections have been undone.

There's a lot of confusion right now because the site has been given back to the previous owner. In the process, 4 of the head mods have left, including the former head tech.

Once the confusion clears up, I'm sure the missing sections will be restored.

I don't have the full story. I'm only a forum mod.

Basically, what happened is that Jaxxxy used to own the site. The head mods took over the ownership briefly. Several hours ago, Jaxxxy regained ownership of the site, and the head mods left the site altogether.

The news is in several threads around here. I suggest you read them.

One thing I do know is that the technical changes aren't as small as you'd think. We were asked to check every single fic on the site, so it may have been associated with a major overhaul.

If this whole ownership issue has bad blood associated with it, it's all too possible that Jaxxxy is taking down the categories to run quick checks on them before putting them back up. Right now, the FAQ section is the only section that's supposed to be empty (for now).

I can't really say much more because I don't know much more. Solaris probably has a better idea of what's going on.

I see some sections have indeed vanished, mostly thanks to you guys' cues.

To be honest, I do fear the bad blood from some of the people that retired is responsible for these disappearances, but I can't be positive. I'm admittedly not-so-tech-y.

I'm concerned and really more than a bit anxious that we may be under attack, but do keep in mind that Nexcess *does* back up our site every single morning at 4 a.m. EST. Anything undone can and will be redone as of this time on any given previous morning, more or less regardless of the cause.

Keep your heads up and your noses clean, and thanks for watching out for us. I must sleep... what a day! But before I do, I shall write support at Nexcess and give them the heads-up too.

- Jaxxy

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.