Click Here!

College?

Kyouryoku Senshi

So is anyone starting or going back to college? I'm taking 15 units at a community college. I'm going to be a nurse and since they have a two year nursing program there, I don't need to transfer to a four year unless I want to get my BSN to be a nurse technician. Right now I just want to be an RN, so I'll be at the college for about four years or so because I need to get my GE out of the way AND pass 11 prerequisites to get into the program alone. Since I will be living on my own, I have to work part time and go to school. However I have to get AT LEAST a 3.0 in all 11 prerequisites to get into the program alone. So I'm a bit stressed out on how I'm going to do both. I certainly cannot work more than 16-20 hours. I remember last year, my last job gave me like 30+ hours at times when I was trying to graduate high school. On the weekends, I worked full time and barely had enough time to get homework done.

Well, I teach at a community college, and my incoming freshmen do not know what a noun is. . .

Noun is latin for Name which is a person, place or thing. That's the only way I can remember what the hell a noun is laugh.gif

I'm heading back and so far I have a 2.8 GPA so I'm kinda hoping to get it up. I'm thinking of archeology as a major (spent most of last year considering becoming a Nurse practioner but realised not that long ago I would probably go insane being around sick people all the time and I'd rather go and dig up old stuff in some forest or desert) although I will be taking psychology this year which should be intresting... ph34r.gif

Actually, a noun is the name of person, place, thing or idea. Love is a noun. Nouns can be subdivided into Proper nouns (Nanaea), common nouns (forum), and pronouns (which take the place of noun - he, she, it - etc.) I made sure my kids all memorized that first sentence. Do I pass, Mad?

And just to be on topic...

I have thought about going back and finishing my degree one of these days. I'm hoping to become an IBCLC eventually.

You've overcomplicated things a little Nanaea, love can be classified a thing, being abstract doesn't make it something more than a chair.

Back on topic, I go back on the 10th to finish a double major Math and Chemistry. my fall semester is 15 credit hours (9 of lectures and 6 of laboratory work) and my winter one will be 33 (18 lecture and 15 laboratory).

This isn't the end of my schooling either, next September I'm entering a BEng to get my Iron Ring, it'll take me three semesters of 30 credit hours each to complete that.

I just started college a couple of weeks ago. I was planning to study for an associates degree in photography, however I may have to change that plan. Three of the classes I need are taught by the same instructor and I don't think I can learn anything from her. I had already begun one of the classes and had to drop it because it was too stressful, so now instead of 15 credit hours this semester I'm taking 12 credit hours. As of right now if they don't offer a different instructor as an option the degree is probably not going to happen. Of course that doesn't mean I won't be able to go to college, just may have to make some changes.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.