Click Here!

Why was my story deleted?

Um, my story titled 'Criminal' appears to have been deleted in the naruto yaoi section. I can't figure out how to read the reviews either so I don't know what went wrong....

My internet connection is really crappy so I guess I don't really take the time to view the rules as much as I should. I have some ideas as to why it may have been deleted though and maybe someone could help me figure it out so I can put it back on.

1. I usually put an author's note at the bottom of the page where I talk about the chapter and ask for comments. Is it against the rules to ask for comments?

2. I put up a web address at the end of the first chapter to some fanart I have posted on deviantart. Is this against the rules? Sorry, I just have no clue...

Please let me know what I did wrong here and also what I need to do to get the story back on. Thanks.

Lauren

Hi.

Your story was not deleted. It was hidden because of the self review that has not yet been removed from your review boards. You would have received an email at the time the self review was first noted, and I emailed you earlier today regarding the story being hidden for the self review.

In the email I sent to you today, there is a direct link to your review board. The subject line of the email contains the id number of the review that you need to delete. Once you have done that, you can either post here or reply to my email, and we can restore your story to visibility.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm a new user here, so I don't really understand much about the rules yet. When I post my story The king and me, it got hidden. I received an email saying there's a problem with my disclaimer. I have fixed it, but there still problems. So, i thought maybe there is something other than the disclaimer. Anyway, can someone please tell me what is wrong? and how to get the story become visible again.

thanks for the help.

• 3 weeks later...

You need to adjust your disclaimer to include the actual name of the band in addition to stating that you do not know them.

This is what you have now:

Disclaimer: This is the works of fiction and do not claim to know the members of the the band and not making profit

What it should read is:

This is a work of fiction. I do not know Depeche Mode and I am not making profit from this story.

I would also recommend that you include the subdomain where your story is posted when you request us to check your story's status. It makes it harder to locate your story without that information.

Thank you.

Your story is now visible in the archives once again.

The subdomain is the section of the archive where you've posted your story, which in your case is Celebrity Fiction. I was able to locate your story fairly quickly, but we have well over 150,000 stories in the archives. In order to find a story quickly, the title and subdomain are both needed, since each subdomain is its own separate database.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.