Click Here!

Changes

Guest DarkAvenger

Guest DarkAvenger

Multiple changes have just been spread across the site, just moments ago.

1. latest pages

The latest pages have been fixed so that the subcategories and subsubcategories both show up, rather than just one or the other. This was a residual error due to the changes we'd made in the coding to stop updates from bumping fics to the top of the latest pages.

On that note, I'd like to take this chance to explain something to everyone about the latest pages and how they now function.

New stories will simply be displayed via the date that they are updated, not by the actual time. Therefore, you might update your fic and it won't necessarily be at the very top, but somewhere within the updates that are posted that day.

This is the sacrifice that has occurred due to overwhelming demand that we change the coding so that it only updates with new chapters and not with simple "edits".

(The part that tracks the "added chapter" time only has the following information: day month year. The part that tracked the "edited" time has the following information: day month year hour minute second.) This cannot be changed because there are millions of chapters in our database. Each chapter time would have to be changed by hand. I'm sure it's clear that there is simply not time for this.

2. Add Story Pages

The page where you Add a Story has been changed to better assist new users and those who are perhaps unaware of our policies.

There is a link next to the disclaimer field that leads to the page showing you what exactly is required in a disclaimer. Most members seem to be leaving off a part of it or in some cases, all of it. We're cracking down on this, since even the presence of a required box doesn't seem to get the point across. The document explains the different disclaimers required for original, celebrity, and all other sections (yes there are different requirements for each!). Please click the link, read the requirements, and make us all happy.

There is a link next to the category selection drop down box that will lead you to a document telling you why you do not see the category you want. We hope that this will prevent people from posting in incorrect sections of the site from now on.

There is a link next to the subcategory selection drop down box that leads to a document telling you how to request a subcategory if you do not see the one you need listed.

There is a link beside of the Ratings drop down menu that leads to a document explaining what each rating means. If you do not understand what Adult, Adult+, and Adult++ stand for, please read there to find out.

Please remember that proper story codes are required at all times. Help us out by ensuring that you use them.

Beside of the "allow other authors to add chapters" selection box, there is a link that explains why you will see the add chapter option on your own stories. Please do take a look at it.

Beside of the selection box for adding your first chapter, there is a link to the document explaining how to format your text using html. We hope that you will find this useful.

3. The TOS has been changed.

20. I will not post more than one copy of any story to this site.

a. Should I have multiple copies of any story posted prior to August 16th, 2007, I will either delete all but one copy of it myself, or contact the tech department (tech@adult-fanfiction.org) to have my reviews and hits moved to one copy and all other copies removed. I will supply the links to each of my stories in such an event.

b. I understand that should I be found to have multiple copies of any story posted on or after August 16th, 2007, I will be found to be in violation of this rule. The multiple copies will be deleted and I will not get to keep any of my hits and reviews from those copies. The staff will determine, at whim, which copy of the story that will remain posted.

21. I will not post each chapter of my story as a separate story. I understand that there is a reason why the site allows for multiple chapter stories and will utilize the "add chapter" function to post additional chapters. Should I violate this rule, I understand that all of the "chapters posted as stories" will be removed from the site without notification and that there is no way to get them back once they have been removed.

We thank you for your continued support of the site and hope that all of these changes will make your experience on the site easier and more fluid.

~Dark Avenger

Moderator, Head Tech, & Site Owner