Click Here!

FAQ edit request for "How to use the new Recommended Authors" [Edited]

Guest LakotaGirl

Guest LakotaGirl

Can we please add a note to the existing guidance letting people know to add underscores to replace the spaces in old pen names that have blank spaces? I've included a draft of the possible guidance below.

Here is the URL for the existing FAQ: http://www2.adultfan...__fromsearch__1

I've been adding recommended authors and have had no problems until I tried to add one that had a pen name that was in the old format that allowed spaces. I tried adding the author Anais Wannabe and got an error message, Please Enter A Valid Author Pen Name. I double checked the author ID and pen name. Everything was entered properly according to the FAQ instructions. The only difference I found was the two word pen name.

After asking in the forum Shoutbox for guidance, it was recommended that I add the author pen name as Anais_Wannabe. This worked and still links back to this author's panel based on the author ID that I input.

Draft of edit to FAQ:

If the author's pen name includes spaces, the name will not be recognized as valid due to changes in the required pen name format and you'll get an error message of Please Enter A Valid Author Pen Name. To enter an author with spaces in their pen name, replace spaces with an underscore. As long as the correct author ID is loaded, the pen name with underscores in lieu of spaces will still provide a link to the recommended author's panel.

Examples:

Pen name John Doe enter as John_Doe in the Authors Name field

Pen name J A Doe enter as J_A_Doe in the Authors Name field

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.