Click Here!

Suggestions for converting .doc to html?

Hello all,

I finally decided to buckle down and add my collection of fics to aff.net and now I am shamefully stuck with a technical issue. You see, I write rather lengthy fics and have always used Word to save them so that the italics, spacing, bold, etc. stayed intact. Years ago for mailing lists I used to indicate all that with text, but a) it looks tacky to me and b) there's just too many areas I need special effects for to do that with my fics. I don't know how I assumed aff.net worked, but I was rather dismayed to find out I could only load html. or txt. documents.

My question is this -- for someone who writes over 100 pages a fic, what are they supposed to do when saving to html garbles the text, and hand coding it all is something you don't have time for?

I don't mean to come off as lazy, but I barely have enough time to write as it is. Is there any software that can help me? I've tried Click to Convert, and it at least gets the spacing right and takes away all the errant lettering, but it still won't publish bold or italics.

Please give your advice, as I'd like to contribute!

-Alexandra

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.