Click Here!

Having trouble logging in

Guest Rsheppard28

@ roosickle - you're showing as validated: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php/user/20822-roosickle/

Did you perhaps use different passwords for the archive and forum?

@thomcats - I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you by not answering everything, but your issue is going to have to be answered by manta or DG. Your profiles still show:

http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php/user/6134-thomcats/

http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296839265

Guest thomcats

thomcats, I show you as still needing to click the link for validation in the archive. Did you check your spam/junk folders for the email generated?

Finally managed to find my way back here. Yes, I checked the spam situation for this email account (the one I used when getting the original fanfiction account, where my stories are entered) As I assumed, I have different emails for account and forum. The original answer has fallen for a spam filter, I can see that now, when investigating the message history. In this email account, the spam doesn't end up in a folder, it is deleted.

I have now entered the email of your answer into the white list. Is it possible to get another validation mail?

Regards

thomcats

Guest thomcats

reset it, you'll now have to go through the login for the first time thing again

A great step forward! I have now managed to validate my account and I have once more access to my stories, although it is not so easy to find them, but I did. Dealing with the mass of text in there will have to be a later issue.

Question remains of getting access to the forum as well. Shall I try to use the last password reset, you sent me on the email, which I use for the forum?

Best regards

thomcats

The forum generates its own password reset. So once you generate that, it'll issue a random password to you. Then, you login with that, and change it right away to one you know you'll remember

I just tried it once more with a new reset. I acted immediately upon the mail getting into my mail-box - no delays. But I still get invalid user name or password and I am still denied entry. Does it mean that I have to create a new account?

Regards

thomcats

Hello,

I had been logged in for quite some time before the change and now when I entered and it asked me to log in again, honestly I wasn't really sure about my password anymore. But I tried everything that it could be and it never logged. Then I tried reseting my password. It did send me a mail, I entered the new password and then it showed me the reset screen again without confirming it or something. And now it doesn't allow me to log in with the new password as well. My email is klenkagome@yahoo.com Thank you for the support.

I'm having a different problem logging in - nothing happens when I click the login button. It just stays on the login page. I've tried this in two different browsers. Any suggestions?

I did clear cookies on Firefox, and I've never used the site before on Chrome so that shouldn't be the problem.

The first thing to check is if you responded to the validation email that would have been sent to you.

If yes, then look up top on the upper right corner, where there is a field that asks for your email, and another for your password if you are not logged in.

If it says, Welcome, [your name], then you're logged in. Either click "My Profile" or "Home" and check it out.

Edited by BronxWench

Thank you, in the end I tried reseting again. Even though it said that I could use numbers for the password when I did it asked me to do it again because it wasn't valid. When I didn't use numbers it worked. I am loged in now.

The first thing to check is if you responded to the validation email that would have been sent to you.

If yes, then look up top on the upper right corner, where there is a field that asks for your email, and another for your password if you are not logged in.

If it says, Welcome, [your name], then you're logged in. Either click "My Profile" or "Home" and check it out.

If this response is for me - I have not received any validation email. As I said, when I enter my email and current password and click login, nothing happens. It just stays on the login page. Is there supposed to be a message that says I've been sent an email? Because I'm not seeing that.

My old password was too short so the login page just ignored it, apparently. It would have helped it it said something about that on the login page. But I am finally logged in now, thank you.

I'm sorry to gripe, but I think this is unnecessarily complicated, with needing multiple validation emails and having to come to the forum (where I needed to go through the password reset process as well) to find out all the required steps. It's not exactly user-friendly. I know you guys mean well, but seriously, even my bank and my insurance company don't make it this complicated to change passwords and log in!

Tsutsuji,

1. If you read the FAQ on the topic that was clearly posted in the news which is posted to the forum, the archive, emailed to all forum users, posted on Twitter as well as our Facebook page, right at the top of the FAQ there is in bold letters a Please Note that states if your password is less than 8 characters you must reset it and links to the password reset.

2. You only need one validation email on the new Archive, very similar to 90% of webpages where you create a log in. Yes, when you initially register for a forum account, that needs one two, but they are two separate systems.

3. The FAQ's are hosted here as opposed to the site because the forums preform better bandwidth-wise as well as sizeise.

4. You did not have to come here for help. You could have contact us via email or IM if you would prefer. Our contact information is listed in the Archive for everyone.

5. Yes, initially it does require a few steps, but for better security both for user accounts and the data - Again, small price to pay for a free service. Just think - You're done now, you won't have to do it again. As for the bank comment? My bank requires user name and state on the first page, then password on the 2nd, so long as the cookie is still in place - Heaven forbid that I cleared cookies or use a new device, cause then I have to remember the answers to my security question... etc etc... I like ours better!

My name is heeroluva. I can't log in. When I try to it tells me my informaiton is wrong (when it defitely is not). When I enter my email address to reset it, I get this message: The e-mail you provided may not be registered or is registerd multiple times, please contact support or try registering. It's definitely not registered multiple times and I know it's registered because I just got an email from the site!

Guest these lyingywo

My name is heeroluva. I can't log in. When I try to it tells me my informaiton is wrong (when it defitely is not). When I enter my email address to reset it, I get this message: The e-mail you provided may not be registered or is registerd multiple times, please contact support or try registering. It's definitely not registered multiple times and I know it's registered because I just got an email from the site!

And FYI, I read the directions. I'm using the write spot and my email address and it's still not working.

Tsutsuji,

1. If you read the FAQ on the topic that was clearly posted in the news which is posted to the forum, the archive, emailed to all forum users, posted on Twitter as well as our Facebook page, right at the top of the FAQ there is in bold letters a Please Note that states if your password is less than 8 characters you must reset it and links to the password reset.

Yes it does say that in the link from the main news post, I somehow missed that link when I first started trying to log in. Sorry about that.

And I have to admit, I just skim the news emails you send out because there is not usually anything this big that affects my use of the archive! I don't do FB or Twitter. I didn't know this change was coming until I tried to log in on Friday.

5. Yes, initially it does require a few steps, but for better security both for user accounts and the data - Again, small price to pay for a free service. Just think - You're done now, you won't have to do it again. As for the bank comment? My bank requires user name and state on the first page, then password on the 2nd, so long as the cookie is still in place - Heaven forbid that I cleared cookies or use a new device, cause then I have to remember the answers to my security question... etc etc... I like ours better!

Now that you mention it, I wish my bank did make it a little more difficult. Last time I changed my password I remember thinking there wasn't enough validation that it was really me making the change!

Sorry for griping, I was just getting frustrated but it's all cool now, and thanks for your help!

Hi all!

I know the site is currently being worked on (or is it done?), and I wasn't sure of where to post this concern/query, but with the new format, it's a bit hard for readers to know when a story's been updated (as in new chapter added) or when there's a new review posted.

I searched for a place where I can activate reviews being notified to my regular email, but that option doesn't seem available (or maybe I just missed it?), but yeah, are those features going to return? Where you are able to see number of reviews/ratings/chapter updates?

Thanks for any help with this. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.