Click Here!

Having trouble logging in

Guest Rsheppard28

@kiya:

The number of reviews and ratings should still be visible in the story listings within the archives. The new code is being rolled out in stages, and many of the features that have disappeared will return as further upgrades are implemented.

In the meantime, the archives will still show updated stories on the first page as it always did. I'm not sure if the email notifications for reviews are still working, however. I will find out and update here if I can.

Guest MorteGami

I'm having a similar experience to what someone else earlier in this thread was having. I just created an account this evening, received and copy/pasted the validation link into my browser, and attempted to log in for the first time. However, I am now getting the following error:

You are not registered, please register to log in.

Thinking that perhaps my registration broke (having an understanding of website design, myself, I thought perhaps the new changes might have bugged it), I attempted to recreate the registration. Of course, I was told that an account with the email I attempted was already registered. Knowing then that the registration was fine, I attempted the login again, receiving the same error.

If I simply need to be patient, then I will gladly do so. I do understand that the new code was *just* rolled out on Thursday. But I thought I would toss this out there to get a feel of what I should do, if anything, and to let you guys know. Thank you!

@MorteGami:

If you look up in the upper right corner of the home screen, you will see one of two things.

Either you will see two fields, one marked email and one marked password, or you will see Welcome MorteGami. If you see the fields, try inputting your email address and password. It may just have taken some time to process through.

Guest MorteGami

@MorteGami:

If you look up in the upper right corner of the home screen, you will see one of two things.

Either you will see two fields, one marked email and one marked password, or you will see Welcome MorteGami. If you see the fields, try inputting your email address and password. It may just have taken some time to process through.

I see the login fields. I tried to input my email and password, but it results with the same error as before. "You are not registered. Please register to log in." I was hoping it would suddenly show me "Welcome MorteGami!" in the upper right corner, but no such luck yet! LOL

Thank you for your swift response, also, BronxWench. I only hope I'm not being too much of a bother.

Guest ZenithAnshu

My account name is ZenithAnshu. I've read through this thread and followed the instructions here as far as I can. I know my email and my password (which is exactly 8 characters long). I have cleared my cookies and restarted Firefox. And yet when I attempt to log in, the login page merely refreshes, adding a statement that I am not registered.

@Zenith

When you start the login process for the first time, are you using the login area in upper right or in the middle of the screen? You have to use the one in the middle of the screen to initiate the validation. Once you do that, and click the validation link, you can use the login in upper right corner.

Guest MorteGami

@MorteGami:

Not at all! The only other thing I can think of would be to clear your cookies and restart your browser, and see if that helps.

I'm using Chrome and attempted to clear my cookies. I did, however, restart it, but it did not help. I'll look more into the cookies thing and try again.

@MorteGami: I'm told there was an issue with the way Chrome handled cookies, so that may do it!

If not, let me ask one more thing that my fuzzy brain forgot last night...the initial login, when you are entering your email and password for the first time, is done in the fields at the center of the screen. Once you've logged in, you can use the upper right corner fields in future.

Guest MorteGami

I'm using Chrome and attempted to clear my cookies. I did, however, restart it, but it did not help. I'll look more into the cookies thing and try again.

I removed the Cookies file from Chrome's data, restarted the browser, and attempted to log in once more. Still hitting the same error-wall. >.< I feel like I'm being a pain.

Guest MorteGami

@MorteGami: I'm told there was an issue with the way Chrome handled cookies, so that may do it!

If not, let me ask one more thing that my fuzzy brain forgot last night...the initial login, when you are entering your email and password for the first time, is done in the fields at the center of the screen. Once you've logged in, you can use the upper right corner fields in future.

I did, yes, use the center of the screen and not the upper right corner. I do recall, though, that I input the information and then hit the Enter key. Would that be the cause of all my problems, perhaps? If so, how should we handle this?

@MorteGami:

Hitting the enter key should not have been an issue. I do it frequently myself because my fingers are faster than my brain at times.

I am showing you as a member, at this URL: http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296906172

Guest MorteGami

@MorteGami:

Hitting the enter key should not have been an issue. I do it frequently myself because my fingers are faster than my brain at times.

I am showing you as a member, at this URL: http://members.adult...p?no=1296906172

;;sighs;; That's what I thought. Now if I could only log in! LOL Going to give it another whirl......

Drat, same thing about not being registered.

(P.S. I just now read your signature and I squeed in my head! I love Alistair and am playing through DA:O for the first time!)

Guest MorteGami

O.O Hmm. I wanted to do an experiment, so I clicked "Password Reset". When I got the email, I clicked the link (instead of copy/pasting it like I did with the verification link). It requested my new password, which I input, then took me to the login screen. So I attempted to log in and voila! It worked!

Makes me wonder if sometimes the registration doesn't like the password one puts in....

@killerman83ca:

That's a little vague. Have you read the MUST READ instructions and validated? You can find the instructions here: http://www2.adultfan...the-new-system/

@killerman83ca

Looked you up, you have not triggered the validation the system now requires. Follow the instructions in the link BronxWench posted for you. Be sure to check your junk/spam folders for when it tells you an email has been generated.

Guest ZenithAnshu

@Zenith

When you start the login process for the first time, are you using the login area in upper right or in the middle of the screen? You have to use the one in the middle of the screen to initiate the validation. Once you do that, and click the validation link, you can use the login in upper right corner.

I've definitely been using the one in the middle of the screen. I suppose I'll try resetting my password.

Guest ZenithAnshu

I've definitely been using the one in the middle of the screen. I suppose I'll try resetting my password.

Aaaand now it's giving me the "not registered or registered multiple times" message. WTF.

You're only in the system once.

Let's step over this again.

1. Clear your cookies. Close and restart your browser

2. Go to http://members.adult...n.net/login.php, use the MIDDLE login, ignore the one in the upper right corner for this part.

3. Follow the instructions as they appear.

4. When you receive the validation email, click the link.

You should then be able to login. To be sure you're not already, look at the login area in the upper right corner. If you're logged in, you'll see "Welcome ZenithAnshu" and links below it for "My Profile", and etc.

It's been long enough since I did this myself, that I don't remember if when you've validated, it logs you in. I think it does, but I'm not sure.

Guest ZenithAnshu

You're only in the system once.

Let's step over this again.

1. Clear your cookies. Close and restart your browser

2. Go to http://members.adult...n.net/login.php, use the MIDDLE login, ignore the one in the upper right corner for this part.

3. Follow the instructions as they appear.

4. When you receive the validation email, click the link.

You should then be able to login. To be sure you're not already, look at the login area in the upper right corner. If you're logged in, you'll see "Welcome ZenithAnshu" and links below it for "My Profile", and etc.

It's been long enough since I did this myself, that I don't remember if when you've validated, it logs you in. I think it does, but I'm not sure.

I've deleted my cookies and restarted my browser twice now. I've made multiple attempts to log in using the area in the middle of the screen. Following your first two steps have never led me to the third step. Thus my frustration.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.