Click Here!

Myths and Facts of Homosexual Relationships

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

Okay, I am TOTALLY loving this thread. All these myths.....this is EXACTLY why I made my story here on AFF, to counter all those stereotypes. Look at my characters! One can't stop saying the word "dude", and the other cusses like a sailor! Neither have a lisp, both don't wear designer clothes, would NEVER touch a martini, one likes "shooting hoops with the guys", etc. The power shuffle in this story is totally throwing people off track, I know. "OMG! There's no definite uke! How will we know who will be on top!? Who's the 'husband' in this relationship?" Okay, enough talking and self-promoting. Here's another myth/truth.

Myth: All gay guys have ONLY female friends.

Truth: Sorry, rabid fangirls, no. A gay guy is totally capable of making friends (and not buck fuddies) with other guys, including straight guys. It's a little bit harder to make friends with straight guys, as it depends on the straight guy's willingness to be friends with a gay guy, but it is still possible.

BTW: My mom says that I need to have MORE stereotypical qualities, like cleanliness, fashion, and always siding with her in an argument. That's just NOT going to happen.

• 2 months later...

Myth: If you are on the Wrestling Team, you're a Gay.

Fact: This Myth made me sad during High School, due to the me and team getting hit by the stereotype.. Sure there's Spandex and Grope like action in there but them amount of aderenline going through you sorta makes you forget everything. But no, they are mostly straight, or think they are straight at the time.

Myth: All Gays use Product and get snazzy haircuts.

Fact: Not really, people are people. Straight people can care about there hair more than some gays do, and vice versa.

Myth: Hate sex is the same thing as two people going at each other's throat/trying to kill each other and than having sex.

Fact: People, People People! That's not hate sex, that's...well actually That's more like having bipolar/Multiple personalities disorders and having sex. Hatesex is when two people that strongly dislike each other or annoy each other. And yes, it is better than normal Sex for some reason. :D

*goes off to find a certain friend to annoy* >D

• 1 month later...

Myth: All Transformers are gay because there's never any females around to fuck.

Truth: No. To both.

First of all, Transformers is aimed at kids. There's no gayness. Fuck it all, there's hardly even any het pairings.

Second of all, Transformers don't even have genders. Optimus proved this in Transformers Animated when he asked how humans made these smaller humans, and then Sari had to point out to Bumblebee that Blackarachnia was a girl.

Which means MPreg is a perfectly viable option for Transformers.

Myth: all women have multiple orgasms

Truth: you wish ;)

I read somewhere that in women multiple orgasm is a learned response, and therefore women are more likely to experience it as they get older/more practiced at sex, making it correspondingly rare for first timers and young women. Whereas men tend to lose the ability to come more than once (always assuming they ever had it) as they age.

Don't you just feel SO sorry for those guys?

On the flip side - there has to be SOME compensation for periods/pregnancy/menopause!

'Purr

• 2 weeks later...
Transformers don't even have genders.

Uh, yeah they do. See every G1 episode ever. Also the 07 movie.

Edit to clarify: If you mean that the gender differences between Transformers probably aren't there to facilitate procreation, therefore it's unlikely that they have a "default" orientation of heterosexual and it's incorrect to assume that they have similar taboos around homosexuality to ours and that males only turn to males for sexual relief because there are so few females, I agree with you. But they're definitely created either male or female.

thank you for saying so! My cousin and his husband have a daughter through his sister using his husband's dna and everyone in the family was freaked out, not because of the process, but because there would be a child in a 'gay' home. Recently, his mother was deemed unfit by the state of Nebraska to, not only have anymore children, but be able to care for the ones she has. He has ten other siblings that were being looked at to care for their five year old sister and twin infants, but he was the only one given the sister because, out of all of them, he was the only one they deemed fit to have a child! Naturally, this created even more screaming between families, but if the state of Nebraska agrees that he is the best parent out of everyone on that side of the family, that should be good enough for my mother and her relatives.

That is another myth that needs to be listed. It isn't as strongly believed as it was before, but it is still out there: some people believe that two men or two women cannot raise a child because the missing gender parent would somehow mess up the development of the child. If you're going to believe in that and want to create a law saying that no homosexual couple can have a child, then you must also create the same law for a single parent that has no intention of marrying. A man and a woman can screw up a child and a gay couple can produce well adjusted children. I look at my cousin's daughter and see the truth in that. She is brilliant, kind, and loves her two daddies more than anything. Then, I have to look at some of my cousin's brothers. Raised by a man and a woman, both church going Catholics, they abused and neglected their children until half of them became so messed up, one of them ended up and jail and the rest of that half can't hold down jobs or have families because of their problems. I don't believe that sexuality of the parent has anything to do with how you turn out. As for that myth that gay couples create gay children and straight, capable parents create straight children, that's a myth, too. Awhile back, one of my gay aunts had a child. He is now twenty-three and happily married to a Korean woman, hoping very much for a child. Then there's me who has a mother and a father who are both Republican Conservatives, Christian, and almost died of a stroke when I told them I was a lesbian.

some people believe that two men or two women cannot raise a child because the missing gender parent would somehow mess up the development of the child.

I don't think it's a myth.

It's a conviction. It's an option. It's a belief.

But the research material is still very poor an we have no real proof that say for each of opinions.

The thing still crawls at the level of exceptions and individual cases, not statistics :)

like anything else it takes time for homosexual couples to be treated fairly. lets see, California just let gay couple get married about a month or so ago. there will always be someone who disapproves of these kinds of choices but life is full of snags, its just how hard are you willing to fight for what you believe in.

makes me wonder how my family would take finding out that im at least bi...whole family is mostly christian or catholic or at least most that i spend time with and i dont think that we know of an openly gay reletive :o i know it would kinda freak my sister out because she gets a little freaked at the scene in big daddy where the two guys kiss. :wub:

Edited by Chibi Gaara

Myth: All Transformers are gay because there's never any females around to fuck.

Truth: No. To both.

First of all, Transformers is aimed at kids. There's no gayness. Fuck it all, there's hardly even any het pairings.

Second of all, Transformers don't even have genders. Optimus proved this in Transformers Animated when he asked how humans made these smaller humans, and then Sari had to point out to Bumblebee that Blackarachnia was a girl.

Which means MPreg is a perfectly viable option for Transformers.

I wouldn't exactly call it mpreg being as they don't exactly have physical/mental genders (probably just for looks), but it is certainly possibly for them to reproduce with out the All-Spark or Vector Sigma... if written well.

• 3 months later...

I have another one (I hope it's not here already and I just forgot it):

Myth: all women are able to orgasm sorely from being penetrated

Truth: some don't and need to have their clit stimulated as well

I have to agree with this. The only time that I can orgasm from penetration only is when I am on my period. I don't know why, but any other time, no matter how wet I get (And I fucking drip down my legs, people) I can't get enough stimulation from penetration to orgasm. I need my clit stimulated most of the time except for those five wonderful days I mentioned before.

Also...

Myth: Women can not get pregnant when they are on their period.

Truth: FALSE!!! I have known several women who can not get pregnant at any other time! How's that for a biological kick in the nuts? Which is why protection at all times is necessary.

And guys, when she's on the rag, wearing a condom can prevent her from getting the mother of all yeast infections since everything is wide open for obvious reasons.

• 1 year later...
Just wanted to add my two cents to this...

That's not exactly the most comfortable feeling, trying to go a second time while still hard. It actually begins to get painful, not that it's too 'intense', and I would recommend that you not ask your man to try that, gay or straight. Just give him fifteen minutes or so and he should be able to go again. (Depending on the guy.)

Hahah, have to put my two cents in as well. The boyfriend and I do this all the time! He has his first orgasm and then we keep going at it... for at least another 30 min.... he never complains and when he has his second orgasm it's more intense and he's more sensitive then/ can't stay hard.

The myth that gets me, and makes me want to bludgeon people:

Myth: All homosexuals are pedophiles.

Umm, FALSE. I don't know where people get this idea, or even when I first heard this stupidity, but, there you go. That's like saying "all straight people can be trusted with children". Men rape/molest little girls and women rape/molest little boys in Hetero-land just as often as it occurs in in the homosexual world.

Myth Flaming Fan Boys who write Yaoi are just confused... not Lesbians ^_^ ????

• 1 year later...

I know it is a myth that all gay/any relationship has a strict top and bottom. But I must admit that the majority of people who are inclined to discuss their sex live with me are set in their ways and always top or bottom. A large part of this is due to these people being a part of the BDSM community. I do however feel in the case of fanfiction some of the original authors/producers wrote overly emotional emo and or girly male characters to begin with. and those particular characters I feel just belong on their knees or need to top once or twice to get over themselves.

I have also had some friends, male, female, trans, straight, bi and gay cry on my shoulder, I've done it a few times to friends it doesn't have anything to do with my preferences in bed. I'm still a guy. So yeah it happens maybe a bit too much in fanfiction and BL and Yaoi, but we have tear ducts for a reason. Vulcans on the other hand do not have tear ducts and therefore should never cry (as it is physically impossible).

• 7 months later...

Myth: Transvestism, or cross-dressing, marks a male as, at best, bisexual or, at worst, transgender/transsexual.

Fact: This is a damning double standard for males because it's common to see a cross-dressing female (denim, slacks, etc. were, originally, only worn by males). While I cross-dress on very rare occasion and am, likely, bisexual to some degree, I have no desire to become a woman. That may seem strange to those of you who have read, or will read, my furaffinity Artist Profile, but it's true. On top of that, I role play as and write about straight males who cross-dress.

Myth from personal opinion: A female's breasts are so different from a male's that a female being topless should be a crime wherever it's deemed as one.

Personal opinion: How about not because the major, non-sexual difference between them is, simply, fat tissue.

Edited by TyrantSinner

Myth: Women squirt gobs of "juice" when they orgasm.

In my limited experience of four including me, no. Maybe a little more moisture at that point, but usually they're already wet, and then they're... wet.

Female ejaculation is no myth; not all females have experienced it, but it's very real for those that have; and no, it's not piss.

• 2 weeks later...

Myth Women become lesbians because they were raped or had some sort of bad experience with men.

Truth Women become lesbians because they decide that they like the idea of fucking women more. Not necessarily because of an inborn hatred of men.

To add to that fact, most women, I find, who became lesbians after have BAD shit happen with the men they were with, or who specifically hate men, were usually already bi then gave up on men, are crazy feminazis, or, decided they should be lesbians because they have some crazy delusions that all women are great lovers. It's a very, very narrow mind of thinking.

To add to this:

-Not all lesbians are "feminazis"; just like in all groups, regardless of sexual preference, there are extremists that push the barrier to give a group a bad name. With that stated, not all lesbians are feminists; this is a large misconception created by bigots, the media, and negativity spread that being a 'feminist' is bad.

-Not all women are bi, or bi-curious before becoming lesbians; there are those that know from the start without experimenting what gender they like.

-Not all lesbian women hate or despise men due to a negative experience; yes, a negative experience can add toward the feelings of being uncomfortable/fear/mental instability, but with psychological help anyone is able to resolve most of their issues.

-Not all lesbian women believe women are great lovers; in general what usually makes a 'great lover' are the emotional feelings and attachments you have toward your partner as you share yourself with each other.

Female ejaculation is no myth; not all females have experienced it, but it's very real for those that have; and no, it's not piss.

This is also typically referred to as squirting: "the expulsion of noticeable amounts of clear fluid by human females from the paraurethral ducts through and around the urethra during or before an orgasm." [source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_ejaculation]

Edited by AquaTonic

• 1 month later...

Myth: If a gay guy hangs around with other guys, they must be gay too.

Uh, no. I'm sure it happens -sometimes- especially in locations/situations with a vivid gay/lesbian scene, or in areas where the majority of straight people persecutes them, but generally speaking, no. I used to be part of a group of friends. One guy was gay, three were straight, one was bisexual with no preference either way, and another just didn't know, then the females, one was bisexual with slight preference for females, one (me) bisexual with no preference either way and the other five were straight or didn't know/care/etc.

Oh, and one was an asexual, hetero-romantic female.

Myth: If a gay guy spends a lot of time with a straight male, he must be trying to turn him gay.

That assumes a lot of things, such as that gays only hang out with males they're (romantically or sexually) interested in. Which is not true. It also assumes that someone can be turned to a different sexuality, or that all gay guys believe it's possible. I highly doubt that.

Myth: If a straight guy spends a lot of time/is friends with a gay guy, it means they're always secretly bi-curious, bisexual or gay.

No. Just plain no. Not to say that it never happens, but always?

Myth: Lesbians fall in love with every female they come across, and if said female is in a (heterosexual) relationship, they'll attempt everything to break that relationship so that they can get the girl.

No more than that a gay guy would fall in love with every male he comes across (unfortunately, that myth seems to be going around a lot too), or that every straight person falls in love with everyone of the opposite gender they come across with.

Myth: If a girl hangs out with a lot of guys, she's either a slut or lesbian.

Gotta hate that stereotype. Why are females apparently not allowed to get along better with males than females without immediately being a slut or lesbian? -sigh-

Myth: Bisexuals want sex with every person they come across.

Nope. I am bisexual. Does that mean I want sex with everyone I come across? Hell. No.

Myth: There is no such thing as a stable, long-term lesbian or gay relationship.

False. My former neighbours are a lesbian couple who have been together for over twenty years now and married (gladly, that's possible here in the Netherlands) for over ten.

What about people [male/female] who's sexually attracted to [male] transvestites? What's their orientation?

I'm doing this for research. I'm getting the urge to write something with transvestites (see personal limits thread)

I'm a female who prefers transvestites and I'm straight. It's the look, the feel of the clothes on the guy and it's a little naughty. There are some guys that go way overboard in my opinion with makeup that resembles pat butcher which do nothing for me but the ones that are clearly guys (that I find attractive) I prefer dressed up.

• 2 years later...

Question!

If two males have anal sex, what kind of orgasm do the receiver has? The usual penile ejaculation? Or would it be something else?

A: According tot he gay men I know, prostate orgasm is different to penile orgasm and does not always include ejaculation. Each guy is different in whether or not they blow a wad when they have prostate orgasms.

Mith 6 (NOTE: this also applies to non-homosexual couples) Men can keep fucking for hours without getting limp, and after they come their penis stays hard

Truth Dog dammit!!!NO!!! There is a thing called refractory period, you know? Well, it's something that causes the human penis to become flaccid after an ejaculation. And it takes some time to get it hard again. And no, I don't mean like 5 seconds. It could last like, from 15 minutes to several hours.

that's all for now. If something more comes in mind, I'll add it

A: I truly hate the sex that goes on after ejaculation crap that is in both Yaoi and in Hetero stories. You are correct about the refractory period being real since it shifts the blood flow back to the rest of the body where it needs to go to keep a man healthy. I find that specific BS crap as boring and over abused as the whole cumming at the same exact time together cliche crapola across all spectrums of sex heavy story telling. People do not have simultaneous orgasm most of the time either, and it does not matter if they are male, or female, gay, or straight. Same is true for the multiple orgasm racket. Not many people exist who are capable of multi-gasm at all. LOL. So yeah, thanks for pointing out a truth most folks need to learn about and use realistically.

Ok, I'm gonna stick my nose in here...probably get it bitten off but what the hell.

MYTH: you can make generalized statements about human behavior and sexuality.

FACT: Nope, won't work. There are as many preferances as there are possibilities and if its possible then someone somewhere is doing it. So if you are trying to classify gay, straight, or Bi; well you're gonna piss somebody off...so take heart yaoi fangirls, some where out there your fantasy is coming true

Just my two cents...