DarkCabaret

Do you have a favorite?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a favorite?

• Yes
    • No
    • I Hate Commercials

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

I absolutly loved the Identity Theft commercial where a girl's voice was talking out of a middle aged fat guy talking about a $75 bra that "lifts and seperates." Every time I saw it I would die laughing... which makes me a zombie... or Kenny.

There's also a few car commercials I like. There's one where a couple of guys are looking up a tree, one throws up his shoe, and there car falls out. They hop in like it's nothing.

Then, there's the one where a couple gets out of a muddy SUV, and it shakes the mud off like a dog.

Don't watch TV anymore, but used to hate commercials. I'll be watching a movie, for example, and there is a war and two main characters just escaped sure death and are sitting in the underground bunker. One of them hugs another, his eyes are so expressive and he begins to say... and the next thing is: "Thrumpets! Our brand-name monkey-ass wipes are ten times stronger than that crap you use! Eep! Eep!"

That sort of thing would kill the mood every time.

For the most part I dislike commercials. Sometimes I'll see the odd one that makes Me giggle, but after the fifteenth time I've seen it, the magic is gone.

Damn you consumerism!

LOL Daz! I LOVE the PC Mac commercials!!

I love the one where PC pulls out his calculator, and Mac asks him what he's doing and his reply is something like: I'm just adding up how much of my time you've wasted. (Or something like that I don't remember haven't seen that one for awhile)

Generally, I ignore commericals and immediately hit the "mute" button. I do like the Mac/PC ads. There was one about a year and a half ago that I absolutely loved. I think it was for a mortgage lending or financial assistance company, but I can't remember the company (Mortgage Tree Lending, maybe?)

Featured a guy with a smile plastered on his face, talking about his nice house, his new SUV, his golf club membership, etc. Then he asks "how can I afford it? I'm in debt up to my eyeballs. Somebody help me." I never got tired of that one.

Years ago, there was another one I really liked. A woman in an elegant evening gown, standing next to a dining table filled with fine china, crystal, candles, gourmet food, wine. A handsome, sophisticated man wearing a tux appears in the doorway. He saunters in, stands next to the table and leans against it; the table tips and everything goes flying onto the carpeting. You initially thought it was an ad for some perfume or something, it was for DuPont Stainmaster carpeting. laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Me and commercials ...

Heh, when I was still watching TV, that was like the biggest punishment ... to have to watch through the idiotic babbling telling me that this washing powder is better than that one ... I always changed the channel.

Hehehe, now, when I'm not watching TV anymore, the problem got solved happy.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.