Click Here!

class name

im working on a project and i need a ..... classification? for 3 kinds of vampires.

1: demon/ic vamps, the original ones that would look some thing like in the movies blade 3 and vanhelsing (dracula)

2: the turned vamps, a vampire that was human, elf or what ever race and was turned into one.(still kind of alive)

3: undead vamp that is of some one that was killed while being turned or some thing and there .... almost ghoul ish?

i need some thing to seperate them by names so that if Character A is refering to X Vampires he would be talking about the demonic ones as to the other ones.

any ides would be apresheated.

• 1 month later...

I'm quite late, but if you're still looking for assistance, maybe I can help.

With the demonic vampire...maybe abyssus (Latin for "no bottom or bottomless", perhaps hinting at their limitless capacity for evil and malice given their mixed bloodlines)? An idea for slang could be "Helll baby" given their infernal line, or flat out "Hell bitch".

The turned vampires...semianimus ("half-dead", not being the full vampire but still lingering onto their original race as well)? "Half-breeds" or "mortal-turned".

And the undead/ghoulish vampires...macellari ("slaughterhouse") due to their lines' tendency for slaying and considering humans as food sources. Perhaps they could be call "pulpers".

Anyhow, I hope this provides some assistance...even if it is about two months late. ^^''

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for not replying, was thinking it over.

im not too sure about it, i would like a name thats actually understandable i think.

like bone archer, skull mage and skeletan warrior, all are skeletons and called some thing slightly different ish.

or knight, black knight, death knight, paladin, templar, all being a type of knight ish style.

eh i dont know, its hard i think.

• 2 weeks later...

im working on a project and i need a ..... classification? for 3 kinds of vampires.

1: demon/ic vamps, the original ones that would look some thing like in the movies blade 3 and vanhelsing (dracula)

2: the turned vamps, a vampire that was human, elf or what ever race and was turned into one.(still kind of alive)

3: undead vamp that is of some one that was killed while being turned or some thing and there .... almost ghoul ish?

"Classic" for the first or "Ne" (e acute) from the French "born" as used to describe people born with a different name like John Smith ne Cadogan in obituarities. "Morphs" for the second, to mean that they have changed into vamps and "Laz" for the last one from the myth of Lazarus who rose from the dead.

• 4 months later...

I like the idea of keeping the names consistant, like with the elf thing.

How about:

A. Spawn Vamps-(meaning hellspawn)

B. Afflicted Vamps-(meaning they have the disease, but maybe not all the evil, perhaps have a shred of slowly dying soul, ala Angel from BtVS)

C. Risen Vamps- (meaning they were once AV's but died and came back, all evil intact)

• 3 weeks later...

I liked the last comment the most XD.

Whats important to remember though, is that giving your species epically cool and hard to understand names can sometimes put your readers off. Give your vamps cool names, try not to give them long latin names. I also liked this:

"Classic" for the first or "Ne" (e acute) from the French "born" as used to describe people born with a different name like John Smith ne Cadogan in obituarities. "Morphs" for the second, to mean that they have changed into vamps and "Laz" for the last one from the myth of Lazarus who rose from the dead.

So, the first vamp just kind of... was a vampire always?

After a bit of searching, I came across Strigoi for option three. Since I mainly think of Romania when I think of vampires.

In Romanian mythology, strigoi (English: poltergeist)[1] are the troubled souls of the dead rising from the grave. Some strigoi can be living people with certain magical properties. Some of the properties of the strigoi include: the ability to transform into an animal, invisibility, and the propensity to drain the vitality of victims via blood loss. Strigoi are also known as immortal vampires.

As for the other, I kind of think you had the correct wording in your original post: "Turned". It's a broad enough term to excite someone into wonder and three words like Strigoi would probably confuse someone to hell and back. So my idea may be bad simply in complexity.