Click Here!

Piercings and Tattoos

madlodger

What Body Art do you have?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What Body Art do you have?

• I have none
    • I have none but thinking about getting...
    • I have Piercing(s) only
    • I have Tattoo(s) only
    • I have both - Piercings and Tattoos
    • I have some other Body Mod done
    • I have some on a secret spot only my SO knows about :)
    • Thinking about getting rid of some
    • Momma said that talking Piercings and Tattoos is Devil's work

dazzledfirestar - Oh, you had them done all at the same time! You get more points for bravery, miss Gryffindor smile.gif Did the belly button piercing ever get irritated because of location; what about smex?

No, I didn't get them done all at once! Sorry, if it came across that way. And no, I am not a Gryffindork! laugh.gif

It was just the last in a long line of piercings that were spread out over about three years.

It did get infected once, but I took very good care of it so it usually wasn't a problem. And as for smex... well, you've just got to find the right position so that it doesn't rub! wink.gif

dazzledfirestar - I suppose that holding a frying pan in front would prevent rubbing? rofl.gif

dazzledfirestar - Rough sex with the use of Cookware! Where do I sign up? That would be worth of getting the BB pierced. Oh shoot, we are completely off topic here. How did that happen?

DarkCabaret - Liked the Piercing. The spiky ones do send a message, hehe.

Both tats are adorable, the one on the wrist looks very good and I can't get over the look on the Little Demon's face. Sweet!

The guy messed up the one on my wrist! It looks good in the pic because I had JUST had it done, but now it's healed and everything I can see where he missed color, and didn't fill in the black. I'm so pissed...original estimate was 80 bucks for it. (He only charged me 60 due to an appointment error.) and it really irks me that he didn't even do it right! However on the ankle I made DAMN sure he did it right. My mom paid 120 bucks for it!

I loved my spiky eyebrow ring....unfortunately I lost it a while back so now I wear this dorky crystal ball looking thing.

LOL! My five year old nephew, the first time he saw it, SCREAMED "Oh my god Angel there's a monster on your leg!!!"

He wouldn't even look at it for three months, now he thinks it's cool and keeps asking me to get another one. My only reply is: If I find another cute but scary little girl ... I will!

Although I think I found one I'm not 100 percent sure yet, so it's going to wait.

Plus there's the having no money thing. The shop here is EXPENSIVE!

I've been thinking lately of having a Celtic Heart tattooed above the runes - the vines colored green for my birth color, and half of it done in pale purple the other in ruby red - both are my girl's birth colors. I've already drawn it and I keep it in my wallet just in case, but I have so many other things that I have to buy that it probably won't happen until February.

ladydeathfaerie - I can't express how helpful your posts are. I contemplated getting that Tattoo for a few years now, ever since getting that scar. Your posts helped me solidify the decision to go through with it. Pain was not high on a list of concerns, but the final look of the tat was. The local shop does sterilize their needles, but the artists there are Tracers, sadly. Their work looks solid but not quite what I'm looking for. I need to come up with the final design and than go from there. It's not anything spiritual, although is significant. There is a guy in the area who does custom work, I want to go and look at his staff sometime. I am not in a hurry to have it done tomorrow, but will get to it in a good time smile.gif

Any chance of posting at least some of your Tats and Piercings? Maybe the Wolf one and the left arm?

At what age would you let your son to get a Tattoo or a Piercing? He is too young now, but one day he might want one.

you're most welcome. i'm glad i could be of help.

as for the artist.... all i can recommend is that if you're going to put time and energy into the design yourself, you need to find someone who can do freehand. trust me, it might be a little more expensive, but the results are well worth it in the long run. the man who did the faerie and chalice on my back did freehand work. and he did some great work. most of the tats i have came from patterns that they made copies of and then put on the skin. but the freehand ones have been some of the best, by far.

the faerie isn't freehand. she's actually from a sticker i got at Hot Topic ages ago. but she looks so much better than the damn sticker.

i have pictures of the older ones that i can post and those i don't have, i can take pics of to post. i'll be kind and spare you the butt shots. biggrin.gif

if he ever wants one, he has to wait until he's 18. its law and not even a parent's signature will get around that law. and if he wants one bad enough to want to do it under the table, it won't be worth it. i want who ever pierces and inks him to take every precaution. so it'll be done the right way.

by the way, the belly button piercing didn't hurt. not for me. and they heal fairly quickly. some of the other piercings take quite some time to heal. rubbing is tricky when its still fresh, but once its good and healed, it shouldn't be as much of a problem. and mine rubs cos i got myself a tummy. infection is a possibility more from the actual piercing process than from outside influences. but it can happen. i keep a bottle of betadine in my bathroom for times when it gets iffy. that stuff works wonders.

dazzledfirestar - can't argue the perfect point! hug.gifworshippy.gif

DarkCabaret - Your mom is pretty cool to give a Tattoo as a present. It was worth the money, the Little Demon Pirate. I like the hairclip thigy in her hair, the knife and the overall posture. And the dress, hehe; it supposed to be a little girl's dress with pansies and they drew sculls instead! Way cute.

Too bad about your wrist tat. That guy should of touched it up for no charge, in my opinion.

That's the same nephew who plays on your computer, is it? A cool little dude! I bet he thought that that thing was real.

I agree with your decision to wait; there is no rush in getting tats.

Leonhart29 - purple and red actually would look very good for a heart, like two kinds of blood. And green is a complimentary color to red. It might look pretty spectacular. It's cool that you draw your own ones.

DarkCabaret - Yeah, I thought it was a bunny! Wish we had a shot from the left angle as well smile.gif

A sweet little girl with her bunny, indeed spit.gif It would be pretty hard to beat this tat, honestly. wub.gif

ladydeathfaerie - Oops, missed yours, sorry. This happened because we were posting at the same time, I think.

I agree on freehand thing. A good Tattoo artist should be able to Freehand as well as Trace. A big plus would be if s(he) is able to paint and draw, some art school wouldn't hurt either, although is not a requirement. I'll be looking untill absolutely sure that I can trust that person. There is no rush to have it done. Money is not an issue for getting just one small tat, I am not looking for a bargain here. I can pay by the hour and have the guy use a fine needle to get a better 3D effect. Getting a custom body suit done would be expensive, though! So, no body suits.

All pictures are welcome, even those tats on buttcheeks if you want to share devil.gif Just take a dark marker and color around it, so all we can see is the tat itself.

the tat, not the butt

I totally agree on your position about your son. Looks like you are a responsible parent who is also reasonably lenient. To be honest, I don't believe that 18 is a true age of mature adulthood either. I wasn't mature at 18 at all. biggrin.gif

well, my butt is big and white and..... best left to the imagination, i think. i can get pics of just about every tat i have, though i'll have to have help with the back. the resolution may not be too good because i plan on using the webcam. it should hopefully make smaller pics. if nothing else, i can always upload them to photobucket or something and then provide links.

i'll have to do that tomorrow.

gods, i want more ink.

and i try to be both lenient and involved. i can remember being that age. my son is actually pretty level headed. i don't worry about him so much as i worry about the others around him.

but the moment he says he wants ink, i'm driving him myself! tongue.gif

Wow, this is one fun topic. smile.gif

I suppose I'll have to tell about my body art, too, with the count of four tattoos and five piercings.

The tattoos are two small pictures on my shoulder blades, (the other being a wolf's head against a moon and the other a tribal wolf's head), a large ornamental style wolf's head on my left shoulder, and a celtic style arm band on my right upper arm. A fifth one is in the works, once I can finally get the drawing to my liking; a raven perched on a dead tree branch, against a crescent moon.

I got my first tattoo when I was fifteen and I've had a new one done every other year since then. I know, getting a tat done when I was that young wasn't very responsible on my part, my mom's part, or the artist's part, but I had my reasons and I haven't regretted it even for a day. rolleyes.gif That year I had come down with a severe illness and spent several months in pain, almost withering away. I'd been asking my mom for a tattoo for a long time before that, and a couple of months after I was declared as healthy again, she agreed. It was actually a pretty liberating experience for the both of us.

My piercings aren't nearly as dramatic, though. Both ear lobes pierced twice and a navel piercing. I got my belly button done the same time as my mom got her first tattoo, my present for her 50th birthday. biggrin.gif

Well, good to know I'm not the only one with fussy ears. I voted no piercing, no tats. Now, my husband has both. Three piercing in one ear, two in the other, two in his nose, and three tattoos.

I had my ears pierced many years ago, but they refused to heal. We tried everything, my Mom and I, and then, after the 20th attempt to get the post through the front hole and then hunt for the hole in the back, my poor Mom had to take a break between ears. The look on her face, that "I can't stand hurting my child for the sake of vanity" nausea, I gave it up and let them close up. Like Madapple, I took it to mean that I wasn't meant to have piercings.

Now, I've considered tattoos. Actually, I like the idea of a quote, maybe some lyrics I've written. Maybe someday, when I have something I like enough to carry around on me forever. Thank god I never got that "I *heart* Pep Band" tat. two_thumbs.gif

Madapple! I like your tats as well, and add my name to those requesting a pic. biggrin.giftwo_thumbs.gif

Both of my ears are pierced; one I did in high school with a safety pin, which gave me no issues whatsoever, and the other I went in to get it done professionally, and it immediately got infected.

I've got three tattoos, also. A butterfly on my chest, a five card fan with stars and smokes and a top hat and a magic wand that wraps around my upper left arm, and a star and moon design on my right ankle.

I've got a few more I want to get, but it's a matter of not having the scratch right now.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.