Click Here!

problem to access the site again

Lord Patamon

is there a problem going on with the site again? I'm just getting a page not found error when I try to open it, same with the forum, I have to use a proxy server to access it, but still 2 days ago I could check it without have to do that.

So I was wondering if there is a problem with the server dealing with some IP address since the command ping doesn't returns any errors.

Thanks in advance.

well normally I can access it without any proxy server, my IP address without proxy server enabled is 201.172.234.185

But when I have problems to access the site which are very rare, in the internet options in the conexions tab on the Lan Configuration I enable this proxy server address: 165.228.133.10 and the access port for it is 3128

when I have that enabled that which is by ticking the mark that says use a proxy server for Lan, the site works, but if I disable to use my connection default settings the site just shows a page not found error, at first it looks like if it is trying to solve it but then after a bit it only shows the page not found error, as I said still monday and tuesday it was working normally without have to enable the proxy server

Edit: what do you know? just a IP address change and it worked, though oddly enough the new IP address is still on the same range the new one I got is 201.172.234.100

Kinda odd if you ask me but at least it is working now pingtracertaffnet.jpg

Also and as an interesting thing, I tried to access to Nexcess and I got exactly the same error I'm getting with this site, page not found, I noticed that both sites are inside of the same starting rank of IP address which are 208.69, the only thing that changes are the last two sets of numbers, for Adultfanfiction net is 208.69.121.85, while for nexcess.net is 208.69.120.5

maybe the server has my rank of IP address blocked or something, is pretty odd since it tries to open the site, the progress bar on the status bar on the browser advances 3 lines slowly and then it puts the page not found error.

Edited by Lord Patamon

Guest DarkAvenger

Here's the reply from Nexcess:

I just finished doing some testing with this and it seems to be a problem with the proxy he's trying to use. I entered that info in my IE and tried to go to the site and I got a forbidden message, but then I tried going to several other websites including google.com and got the same forbidden message. I would have him try another proxy.

--

Greg Swaney

Actually for what I discovered it is a problem on my ISP, seems that one of their nodes has some ins and outs, right now I can access the site normally without have to enable the proxy server I found on the net, but with my ISP nothing is sure, it can be working now but the next minute can fail again ¬¬

at least I have my work around with that proxy address when that happens.

Still thanks a lot for the help, I should have known my ISP was behind all this problem >_<

Edited by Lord Patamon

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.