Click Here!

Dancing teaches discipline and reform

EveKnight75

(Yahoo! News) Dancing jailbirds in Philippines become YouTube hit

(ABC News) Boogie Behind Bars: Inmates Dance the Days Away

(BBC News) Philippine jailhouse rocks to Thriller

The videos are quite entertaining. What really caught my interest is how the videos came to be.

The dancing routine wasn't created as a form of punishment (though the prisoners initially viewed it as such). It was implemented as a compulsory exercise regimen during their incarceration. It's also supposed to teach them discipline and boost their self-morale.

What I'm wondering is how they managed to hire a professional choreographer.

Still, it's a rather novel concept and I like the idea behind it. If it actually works in reducing repeat crime, all the better.

Guest Big Samurai

I was wondering about the source of those videos, but this answers that question. I find that ... amusing, though I now have a mental image of Imelda Marcos doing the electric slide.

You just know that there is some producer on Broadway looking at this as a way to cut expenses the next musical through.

"Sir, shall we audition for the chorus now?"

-"Nah, just call the Department of Justice in the Phillipines. Tell them we need thirty two armed robbers, three muggers and a serial killer."

"But sir, those men are criminals!"

-"Meh, this is New York. Who do you think would care?"

• 6 months later...
You just know that there is some producer on Broadway looking at this as a way to cut expenses the next musical through.

"Sir, shall we audition for the chorus now?"

-"Nah, just call the Department of Justice in the Phillipines. Tell them we need thirty two armed robbers, three muggers and a serial killer."

"But sir, those men are criminals!"

-"Meh, this is New York. Who do you think would care?"

LOL :D

But yeah, I think dancing is good for you, I used to be a dancer and I danced in many differen't types (tap, jazz, DDR, etc. XD; )

I guess it teaches discipline and reform >.>