Click Here!

FYI - missing reviews

DemonGoddess

Should you find that you're suddenly missing a bunch of reviews, it's because I've been doing some clean up in the database.

Approximately June of last year, it was discovered that my deletion utility was not deleting the attached data, when a minor was deleted, as it should have. Since then, I've been manually searching the database for the attached reviews, so that I can delete all the pre 18 content with the underage user.

Apparently sometime towards the end of December 2008, the utility stopped working. I only found out the approximate time, due to statistic gathering. While I was doing that, I decided that with knowing the utility is not working correctly, it would be a good idea to double check the minor deletions. The deletions that were processed starting last week of December 2008, are where I started to find orphaned reviews from the underagers deleted at the time.

So, I'm having to go through these record by record, to make sure I've gotten all the pre 18 content deleted from those past deletions. As of this evening when I stopped, I estimate I've deleted 2000 reviews over an 18 month time span. I've still got another 14 months of data to go through, so I expect this number to jump up greatly.