Click Here!

Deathly Hallows Question(s)

NightScribe

think.gif Okay, in regards to

SPOILER :
Snape's "death." I'm not convinced the character is dead. We saw it only through Harry's eyes. And what did Harry see? Snape bleeding, the release of his memories (which was strange, because up until then, they were always extracted through a wand to the head, explain please and more than "well he was dying"). Then, (paraphrased) "they looked into each others eyes, then Snape's became fixed and blank, his hand thudded to the floor, and he moved no more." (which could mean he'd only passed out). The presentation of Snape, via Harry's POV, has always been skewed, an attempt at misdirection. I don't think that changed.

After that, no comment from Hermione or Ron (OMG, Snape's dead!) They never mention it. There's also no Snape in a portrait, no Snape in the woods, no Snape at King's Cross, and even Dumbledore only says "poor Severus." That doesn't mean a thing. No mention of the body recovered, not even really checking to make sure he's dead, just like Voldemort not making sure Harry was dead (I'd have decapitated him for good measure before taking him back to Hogwarts, but then Voldy wasn't the smartest guy.) Why, after Voldemort is defeated, doesn't Harry say to someone, "go to the Shrieking Shack and get Snape's body, he's one of the war dead, too?"

In the Epilogue, when Albus Severus is so worried about being sorted into Slytherin, why didn't Harry say:

"Al, if you do end up in Slytherin, and are still concerned, ask Prof Longbottom to arrange for you to go talk to the portraits in the headmaster's office. Talk to both Dumbledore and Snape, they'll help you. Dumbledore once told me that help is always there at Hogwarts for those who ask for it." And Harry telling Al that Snape was "the bravest man I ever knew" doesn't necessarily mean he's talking about a dead man. When we part ways with good friends or lovers or whatever, we'll say, "he/she was the best friend I ever had." It doesn't mean they're dead.

And what about this odd sentence (I don't have the book with me, but it's near the end of The Elder Wand chapter). "Back in the tunnel and in his own mind, Harry opened his eyes." What a strange sentence, especially since he knows nothing of Snape's past yet. I remain unconvinced, it was all just too vague.

SPOILER :
Wasn't Snape wiped out with the AK spell that kills upon contact? How on earth could he still be talking afterwards?

There are faar to many questions still left open...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

SPOILER :
In a recent interview, JK was asked if Snape was going to get a portrait in the office, and she said no because he deserted the Headmaster position before he died, though she did also state that Harry would "make sure to have that changed."

Also, don't give Harry too much credit there, he's rather obtuse at times. It's very possible that Snape does indeed have his portrait in the Headmaster's office, and that he simply didn't think of it.

However, I do like the thought that Snape survived, 'cause that would be the first time Rowling didn't do something as per formula...

Welp, at least he wasn't killed by draperies.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.