Click Here!

Harry Potter Encyclopedia

Nanaea

Additionally, Jo announced that she "probably will" create a Harry Potter encyclopedia! From NBC's website:

The encyclopedia would include back stories of characters she has already written but had to cut for the sake of narrative arc (“I've said before that Dean Thomas had a much more interesting history than ever appeared in the books”), as well as details about the characters who survive “Deathly Hallows,” characters who continue to live on in Rowling’s mind in a clearly defined magical world.

Click here to read the full article, including full details on the character reprieve. BEWARE of spoilers if you haven't read Deathly Hallows yet!

Now, of course I'd buy this, but ... shouldn't she have put the details about the characters who survive DH in DH?!

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

Oh dear god... I'm surrounded by Ravenclaws.

You know, I hear they have perfect technique in bed...

Anywhoo, I was reading about that myself on her site, I do believe. That or in an interview. Both are possible. Anyway, a Harry Potter Encyclopedia would be awesome, in that then Wikipedia would be complete<3

*Stashes copy of the Comma Sutra back into nightstand* (And no, that's not a misspelling!)

And damn proud of it! yes.gif

Anywhoo, I was reading about that myself on her site, I do believe. That or in an interview. Both are possible. Anyway, a Harry Potter Encyclopedia would be awesome, in that then Wikipedia would be complete<3

oh, i'd buy them both. it'd be interesting to know what she wanted to use but couldn't. or didn't want to but couldn't get out of her head.

and who's in Ravenclaw? i'm in Slytherin and damn proud of it. it even says Slytherin on my robes. and then there's the black wand. and the tie. and the winter scarf....

well, *clears throat* you get the idea....

and who's in Ravenclaw? i'm in Slytherin and damn proud of it. it even says Slytherin on my robes. and then there's the black wand. and the tie. and the winter scarf....

You know, I always saw Slytherin's as the arrogant and purposefully ignorant ones. I can't honestly expect anyone on the boards to be it.

To be honest, I expect there'd be a lot more Hufflepuffs on these boards than people would care to see themselves as and that Gryffindor and Slytherin are in far shorter supply than people claim.

Anywya I'm definitely in Ravenclaw and I would let my sister buy the encyclopedia and read it when she's done. Which is what I did with every book besides Deathly Hallows.

You know, I always saw Slytherin's as the arrogant and purposefully ignorant ones. I can't honestly expect anyone on the boards to be it.

To be honest, I expect there'd be a lot more Hufflepuffs on these boards than people would care to see themselves as and that Gryffindor and Slytherin are in far shorter supply than people claim.

Anywya I'm definitely in Ravenclaw and I would let my sister buy the encyclopedia and read it when she's done. Which is what I did with every book besides Deathly Hallows.

truth be told, i was sorted into every house but Hufflepuff on the official site.

but honestly, the only reason we see Slytherin as being a house of arrogant, ignorant people is because that's the impression we're given of them. i know Crabbe and Goyle were idiots, but Draco was not stupid. more like misguided. arrogance is the gift of money and priviledge, but that doesn't mean other people can't be arrogant. or ignorant.

i feel that arrogance on that level leads to a certain amount of ignorance. one should never take themselves, or thier life, that seriously....

we can all be ignorant, arrogant and any other number of unflattering things. just depends on the day and who's making the observation. *shrugs* i see nothing wrong with being in Slytherin. nor do i see anything wrong with being in any of the other houses.

i just have a thing for Slytherin. devil.gif

I'm not enough of a fan to read the extraneous books. My sister may read them online, but she'd never resort to buying them. (Honestly, she's a penny-pincher).

Half of the time, I'm sorted into Slytherin. The other half of the time, I'm sorted into Ravenclaw. I'm willing to be in either house. Honestly, as long as it's not Gryffindor I'm happy because the impression I get from the books is that Gryffindor is the arrogant house rather than Slytherin. Having a headmaster who was biased in their favor didn't help.

I got sorted into Hufflepuff just one time. I didn't really mind. Hufflepuff may be overlooked often, but it sounds like the type of house where you'd be able to get along with all of your house-mates well no matter what. Come to think of it, I was rather shy and quiet as a child and a teen, so red may be right in his assessment.

Daz, I think you're much closer to the definitive Hufflepuff than a Slytherin. The friendly, confident, popular cheerleaders and frat boys make up Hufflepuff.

The problem with the sorting tests is the questions are leading so while one can have more than one honest answer they can easily deposit themself in whichever house they want to go. Which is why I tried three and got Ravenclaw every time, who knows under the real hat I might end up being a Slytherin simply because future dark wizards are uniformly sorted into Slytherin, with the exception of Peter Pettigrew but JK Rowling had to have at least one plot hole, no?

The problem with the sorting tests is the questions are leading so while one can have more than one honest answer they can easily deposit themself in whichever house they want to go.

Strangely, any tests I've taken came out as: "You are in a Secret Fifth House."

I am kidding, hehe; I havn't taken any sorting tests smile.gif

If JK will ever write the Harry Potter Encyclopedia, I'll definetely buy it.

When it comes to crunch, I don't know where I'd go. I couldn't be Slytherin, really, 'cause I really am not that cunning (that would be Cain's domain, kthnx) or clever, I wouldn't be in Gryffindor 'cause I ain't that brave (or stupid...), too much of a bitch for Hufflepuff, and while I'll admit I'm smart, I'm not a stickler for studying like the Ravenclaws are.

Eh... I don't know... whistle.gif

I'd give you a Gryffindor Pix, you're too opinionated to go anywhere else besides Slytherin and since you stick to your arguments well and with intelligence that gives the tenacity and courage associated with that house.

The chivalry bit though... Don't see you covering that aspect.

I'm almost afraid to find out what house Red would put me into. The tests I've taken have been split down the middle actually - I'm either a Slytherin or a Gryffindor. Maybe that's why I'm so mixed up - I can't figure out where I should be in the first place.

It IS hard... what would YOU choose?

See, that's the thing about Harry Potter I don't like, Rowling works in a world of black and white, and acts as if Harry is the only one to ever have been in between, or to have chosen other then what the Hat said was best, which is stupid. Obviously, looking at this board, everyone is in between houses, or doesn't belong in any of the four at all.

Actually, okay, not exactly true. There are two sets of four where there's only one TRUE Gryffindor, of the Marauders, that would be James, and of the current four, that would be Ron. Then, there are "Hufflepuffs" who would be Pettigrew and Neville, Remus and Hermione could both have easily been sorted into Ravenclaw, and both Sirius and Harry could easily have landed in Slytherin (they NEVER say it, but it wouldn't surprise me if Sirius originally was going to be in Slytherin but asked to be in Gryffindor instead, like Harry). But other then that, Rowling makes it pretty black and white, as if the Marauders and Harry's friends are the only exceptions, which means she fails horribly at understanding people. The vast majority of folks don't fall neatly into four categories.

Rowling makes it pretty black and white, as if the Marauders and Harry's friends are the only exceptions, which means she fails horribly at understanding people. The vast majority of folks don't fall neatly into four categories.

Hey, Pixagi, the way I see it, people have attributes of all four houses. The Hat picks the dominant trait to assighn people to one. That's what happens to those who just sit there with their mouth open, waiting to be selected. However, those who choose for themselves (like Harry and some others) get to go where they want. Something about choices we make and so on smile.gif

It's not all black and white at all.

Hufflepuff?? Gee thanks Red. Glad to know I'm the resident ditzy cheerleader.

I read a very interesting essay on this topic (ie Houses). If you and three friends were going to start a school and sort the students wouldn't you each pick a virtue? Bravery, Intelligence, Dilligence... these are virtues of course, but what does Slytherin have? Ambition. That's what puts people in that house. Not being some pure bred, inbred muggle hater. Is ambition a virtue? Well, that's another topic all together isn't it. Thank you. I'm done now.

But, back to the topic at hand. I started thinking about the HPE and it's becoming a bit of a holy grail in my head. Imagine the fic reseach possibilities! *sigh* oh the fun I could have... drool.gif

Whenever I'm sorted by online tests, I either end up in Hufflepuff or Slytherin. So I like to think I'm the snake in the grass that nobody see's coming cool.gif

I'd buy the book, just so I can get my facts straight for writing.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.