Click Here!

HP:DH - Did you expect it to end the way it did?

ZombieDuke

Did you expect it to end the way it did?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Did you expect it to end the way it did?

• Yes
    • No
    • *growls* It didn't end!
    • I'm ignoring the book. I'll take some idea's from it, but I'll
    • just ignore the whole damn thing.
    • I want my money back.
    • Why did ____ have to die? WHY!?! *cries*

If you wanna post stuff(information/character deaths/rants) from the book, highlight your text and click the spoiler button.

EDIT: WHOOPS! "I'm ignoring the book. I'll take some idea's from it, but I'll

just ignore the whole damn thing." Is supposed to be one line.

That's pretty much the ending I was expecting, I didn't call all the deaths but I got four so and only expected one that didn't happen.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting

SPOILER :
that the Ravenclaw horcrux was the diadem until the chapter with that name was thrown in my face.

I voted yes.

SPOILER :
I didn't expect that Lucius was going to survive; I kind of guessed that one of the twins would die; which one I didn't know, I was hoping that Percy was going to be a Death Eater; just to show that not all Gryffindors are good!  I thought she was easing into the stereotype with the pairings; Ron and Hermione make me shudder!  I've got a fanfic idea though.  I knew Severus was a good guy from day one - which was about October 1999 and I knew Severus loved Lily.  Narcissa rocked at the end; I thought that there must be the reason why she was the only Black not named after a Star!  The fact that she was named after a flower proved my theory right, she was going to help Harry at the end - to mirror Lily and Petunia.  Tonks death made me sad as I liked her. 

The epilogue was a bit sappy, but considering my mother almost died two days before the book came out I needed an ending like that!  Also, I was pleased that he called one of his sons Severus, and I have a feeling that boy will be a Slytherin and be friendly with Draco's son.  I'd kind of like it if Rosie Weasley was a Slytherin to... just for there to be a Slytherin trio ... yep, it's provided me with a new fanfic pairing ... Scorpius and Rosie!

Overall, I loved the book, and I thought that the ending was as I expected.

I voted Why, why, why? crying.gif

SPOILER :
I sobbed through most of the book. I feel like I've lost many dear friends, and it has left me feeling, well, rather depressed.  Snape was by far the worst blow. While I was happy to be vindicated, I was hoping that the stated reprieve was for him, not Harry. :sigh: Oh well. Lupin and Tonks nearly killed me as well, and of course Fred. crying.gif

When I closed the book for the last time, I thought, 'Well, this is it. The fandom is done for.' How do we recover from this? I mean, I try to hold as closely to canon as possible, but I don't see too many ways around some of the things that have happened.

• 9 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.