Click Here!

Death Hallows Insanity

NightScribe

I admit to having procrastinated on pre-ordering/reserving a copy of Deathly Hallows. Today, after work, I stopped at one of the local bookstores to reserve a copy. I waited for two different clerks, both on the phone when I walked up. They were both talking to people wanting to reserve as well and one said "well, I can put you on a waiting list, it's not really reserving a copy. I have to tell you that even if you're on the list, we can't guarantee you'll get a copy on Saturday. Were you planning on coming in at midnight? We're handing out wristbands Friday starting at nine a.m.. There shouldn't be a problem, but I have to let you know, there's no promise. Would like me to put you on the list?" I left at that point and ordered from amazon the minute I got home, which means I have to make sure my ass is up by like seven, because I live in a building where postman/UPS guy doesn't have access without being ringed in. If I don't get it that Sat, at least it's free.

I've never seen such craziness over anything before.

Guest Madapple

I know I pre-ordered mine at the bookstore where I work part-time. The only problem with that, is that for the last two major book releases for our store, they negelected to send the books. Seriously, we had a book release party and no current release, for a local author. (Anyone who reads westerns will have heard of CJ Box, he's actually quite good.) Book party and No Books = realmad.gif customers and realmad.gif clerks.

I have heard the rumor that B&N already has their books. But no, ours haven't shown yet and we have hundreds of pre-orders and a party planned and everything. That damned book better be here by Monday or the party's off and on Friday at midnite, I'm going to be in line at the Evil Empire (Super Walmart), to buy my book.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.