Click Here!

DH, what subplots do you want resolved?

NightScribe

As the release of Deathly Hallows is practically upon us, I started thinking about all the things that need to be resolved in the HP world. Aside from the who dies and does Harry defeat Voldemort questions, what other things are you hoping to find answered (or fearing won't be?) Fates of supporting characters, ships, whatever.

Of course, like many, I'm looking for the Snape good or evil business to be concluded, but I'm curious to see how/if Neville continues to grow. Draco (and Lucius) are other characters whose fate interests me. I can totally envision Lucius killing his own son, should Draco turn "good guy" and perhaps even defend Hermione in a battle. That would be awesome, not to mention on the level of a Greek tragedy (or Draco finally going postal and offing his father). As for ships, none really keep me up at night wondering, but somehow, I think Harry and Luna are a good match. I got that vibe about them in book five; their connection is on a different level, spiritual, one might say.

So, what questions do you want to see answered and are you confident or leery that you'll get them in book seven?

I know this is a painfully obvious one, but...

Get Ron and Hermione together already! You've been beating around the bush forever!

Neville happens to be one of my favorite characters. I'm actually hoping that he has another confrontation with Bellatrix and comes out the victor. I don't think he has enough hate in him to AK her, but one never knows.

Snape was the main complex character in the series and I hated seeing him simplified according to Harry's notions of black-and-white. I don't care which side he ends up on as long as he's fleshed out again.

Draco looks like he could end up a complex character, and I want to see how finally growing up has affected him.

I also want to see Voldemort win, kill Harry in a cruel manner, and tap dance on the corpse before taking the corpse apart to prolong his own existence. (I'm not sure if I'm kidding about that).

I agree with you Eve, after all Harry's had a good run! You can only run from death so many times before it catches up to you!

I can honestly say I hope Ron and Mione get together, again painfully drawn out but who knows.

I hope Neville does AK Bella. Maybe mention of his parents or something and *POW!*

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

Ugh, since about Book five I've really started to be annoyed by Harry... He's so damn Emo. He's just one AFI record from black eyeliner and emo hair! Please, PLEASE, someone kill that boy.

Draco, however, I really feel for. He was set to complete a task he couldn't, and failure meant his mother's death. He's a prat, but he's still essentially a baby, a confused, scared baby. I really do want to see JK explore him more in the next book. If she doesn't I'll cry.

Neville is... someone who seems slightly unstable. Not dangerously so, but enough to pull vigilante and start killing off the baddies and about everyone else who dare say anything negative of his parents.

Also, something that doesn't read like fan fiction would also be great...

Alien Pirate Pixagi

Oh, Pixagi, you also had this impression after Book 6 that the story resembled a fanfic? Who knows, maybe Jo went googling for ideas?

What are the chances that Harry ends up with Snape?

Alien Pirate Pixagi

Oh, Pixagi, you also had this impression after Book 6 that the story resembled a fanfic? Who knows, maybe Jo went googling for ideas?

What are the chances that Harry ends up with Snape?

No, he can't, because Snape is really his father, after having had a one-night stand with Lily. That's one reason why he hates James and Harry so much, she threw him over for James. Plus the fact that Snape is really a horcrux, holding half of James' soul, and Severus is none too pleased having the elder Potter in his body. Kind of like when Cartman was possessed by Kenny's soul.

JK's uncomfortable with reading adult/teen pairings, so I don't think she'll be writing Harry/Snape.

However, she did say that she likes to read HP fanfics. Here's hoping she took a break from that hobby while writing DH (unless she springs that Lupin's insecurity with dating Tonks stems from the fact that he dated Sirius first, but he's bi rather than gay). One can only hope.

Neville going on a homicidal rage... he is slightly off-kilter, but he's established as a sweet person despite his tragic past, so I think he'll just end up killing a few DEs rather than going on a rampage.

Or is his shy and quiet nature a cover that he passes off as sweetness? think.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.