Click Here!

Harry/Draco Bottom!Draco

SuirenAngel

I'm not seaching for anything really specific. I just want some muliti-chaptered Bottom!Draco fics. either completed or updated regularly. I really haven't kept up with any made in the last three years and I'm kind of wary of looking, especially on this site. I absolutely hate reading a great story only to find it's bottom!Harry or switching.

So if anyone has any good stories they want to share, could you link it to me? I like creature fics and mpreg too, but I'm not at all picky as long as it's Bottom!Draco.

~ Suiren

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Apollyon

It's probably because of the different slang (H/D and D/H) that people use D: I've personally am a fan onf only bottom!Draco [please forgive me XD] and I've gone through countless ones where it says Harry/Draco and I'm used to the Dom/Sub type of style - so I keep getting LURED INTO THESE WRONG STORIES. lawl and when I do trust a Draco/Harry, it pertains that to that author - they use the Dom/Sub style. So personally, i'm at a loss too xD GL though! :D

• 1 month later...

I know, doesn't it suck. I once searched through a dozen pages and anything interesting turned out to be top!Draco. Can you say major gross! I was near tears and physically sick to my stomach. I think they should put sub-categories in the pairings list, like for example:

Harry/Draco

Top/Seme!Harry

Top/Seme!Draco

Equal/Switch

Unknown (for stories that don't specify or hint at sexual roles played in the bedroom.)

SuirenAngel:

Currently, there are only three levels to any sub-domain.

The "top level" - for Harry Potter, this would be where you go into the main page and you see the column on the left of the screen. The headers there are the "top levels".

The next level is the sub-division by type of pairing - Slash/Het/Fem, etc.

The next level is the pairings themselves.

Now, to be frank, it's going to be a bit before we get into HP. We're still sorting in Celeb.

Right now, the software as it exists in the archive doesn't support infinite levels. I don't know what's in store on the levelling end as far as the coding is concerned. But I can say that in any non-Anime sub-domain, the sub-sub-sub (as that's what you're asking to be created) would likely never use the terms "seme" or "uke" as those are anime/manga specific terms.

Honestly, with 19714 stories in that sub-domain (this minute) and 3875 of those in Harry/Draco, not to mention the ones in Slash/General that were uploaded before the pairing specific sub-cats were created, I don't know that it's even feasible to sort them that way. When we sort, with the volume of stories we're sorting through, we're skimming. As such, we could see a scene where Draco is dom and assume that's his role in that fic, where it could have another scene added on later (after we've sorted it) where Harry is dom, thus making it a Switch.

And while authors can move a story around with the sub-domain, the fact is that more oft than not, the stories are left until DG moves them direct in the DB tables, which means that once she's moved it, it's likely to get left wherever DG sorted it to.

There are currently (this minute) 114,032 stories across the archive in all 23 sub-domains. Each sub-domain has its own set of tables. DG has to move all that data manually. That's why I say I'm not certain of the feasibility of separating all the stories into a fourth sub-set.

(edit to fix typo)

Edited by RogueMudblood

First while I think my idea would make a few things easier for frustrated readers, I wasn't making any serious requests because I knew it would be too much for such a large achieve even with larger sub-category supporting software. And I knew you would probably have to have every author specify exactly what type of role each character would have throughout the story.

I'm sorry you had to waste time writing that up.

Most of my problems come from trying to use the search engine looking for Top!Harry or Seme!Naruto only to find bottom/sub!Harry and uke!Naruto, no matter what trick I try. Or as Guest_Apollyon_* put it, the confusion of different slang people use.

I'm used to Top/Bottom order like HarryDraco, H/D, or even (Seme/Uke) Narusasu. However I know that not everyone uses the same terms or that they're still new and don't know the difference in slang. So I was mostly just venting a little.

As for "But I can say that in any non-Anime sub-domain, the sub-sub-sub (as that's what you're asking to be created) would likely never use the terms "seme" or "uke" as those are anime/manga specific terms." I was just using 'Top/Seme!Harry’ as an example as I just assumed whoever even cared to read it would think, 'Oh. . . Seme as in anime/manga.' Well I guess you know what they say about assuming. Heh, sorry.

Edited by SuirenAngel

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.