Click Here!

Sexuality and Categories Pertaining to Such

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

Which sexual orientations do you acknowledge as existing?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which sexual orientations do you acknowledge as existing?

• Homosexual and Heterosexual ONLY*
    • Varying degrees of Bisexuality ONLY**
    • Homo, Hetero AND Bisexuality ONLY
    • Homo, Hetero, Bi and Asexual ONLY***
    • Homo, Hetero, Bi AND Pansexuality****
    • FUCK LABLES!

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

* This is called Monosexual. In short: Believing there are only TWO sexual orientations, Homosexual and Heterosexual. Click link for more info.

** This is a part of the (increasingly popular) belief that everyone on the planet is bisexual and that no one is ONLY attracted to one gender. According to the Kinsey Scale, this would mean everyone is somewhere between 2 and 5.

*** Asexual denotes a lack of attraction to anything/one.

****Pansexual, in short, means being able to grow an attraction to people despite biological/assumed gender.

Now that all the definitions are out of the way, I want to talk sexuality. Do you believe there are only bisexuals in the world? Or that everyone on the planet is either homosexual or heterosexual, and everyone who thinks they're somewhere in between is just being trendy/confused? Where are the lines, or are they there at all?

Give me your opinions, debate them, toss around ideas.

I did vote for Homo, Hetero, Bi AND Pansexuality. Although I have met some asexual people as well, the majority I have met fall into those groups. Personally I'm more Hetero than anything, but pansexual has it's advantages in my eyes. The thought of not looking at gender (or assumed gender) but at the person is very appealing to me. It's how I chose my friends, but as yet I have not found myself attracted to a woman in a sexual way so I wouldn't be able to speak to that portion of the whole thing.

Hi, Pixagi,

FUCK LABLES!

Well, technically, asexual people won't fuck labels because they are not attracted to them, LOL.

I voted without actually reading that staff, will write a better response when get to it smile.gif

Guest Big Samurai

Fuck labels.

cool.gif

There are people out there who are attracted to animals, relatives, statues, themselves, etc. All things are possible, and that's the beauty of human sexual.

Okay, I don't understand the whole 'attracted to inflated people' thing, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Guest Agaib

Human sexuality is an aspect of our nature. Nature doesn't draw distinct lines on its own. It doesn't specifically classify one thing as another. It just happens. Because of that, there are no defined lines only trends. Human beings are capable of developing a sexual attraction to anything. Some things are more common than others. It's probably useful to be able to identify oneself as homsexual, heterosexual, etc. simply so that we can identify those who would find us as suitable partners more easily. I don't think that all labels are inherently evil. They only become problematic when people decide that their own set of labels is the end all be all.

Fuck labels sounded a little more harsh against labels than I really feel. I chose not to vote because I didn't find another choice that I felt was suitable.

Guest Big Samurai
What? You've never heard of blow up doll love Big Sam?

Oh, no, I'm certainly familiar with that, considering how many times poor Betsy got taped to my door -- along with pieces of the dorm elevator -- in college by crazy people. (Never did know who her original owner was, and I dread to think of what might have become of her; no, I never put her to ill use, considering that I had no idea where she had been.) I'm referring to real inflated people and artwork thereof. It's a real fetish.

Guest Agaib

what about auto-cunningulus? I've never managed to find a picture of a woman eating herself out. I real picture mind you. There are some that doubt its existence. tongue.gif

sorry, Pixi girl, I hate labels too.

Too often they delineate lines over which most 3 year olds want to cross, and then, KABOOM! Another world war is begun. I did not ever define myself as anyone but who I am. To learn words is to learn treachery. What others thought of me was never anyone's business. I keep to the shadows and dream of hunting the fox to but stroke his fur.

Our imaginations are captured by things and we obsess with them, and in this, there is danger, possibly blood, and death. As soon as I think the things others think of me, or what I think other think of me, I am less of who I ought to be.

• 5 months later...
Guest Rosemarius

Labels are annoying!!! Asexual, Bisexual, Bicurious, Heterosexual, Autosexual, Pansexual, Homosexual, Whatthehellsexual...there are way too many of them.

I think that it's not that what matters. You love/are attracted to someone? Then, fine. It doesn't matter if this person is a girl, a boy or a transgender, all it matters is that you like hir. Also, Heterosexuality is a relative thing. Many heterosexual who labels themselves that way have had a certain degree of experience with the same sex.

I think people think too much about this sort of thing, like the fact that humans no longer need to constantly worry about pertaining food so they just start thinking too much about sex.

Either way, I have no opinion. People are attracted to whatever they are attracted to for whatever reason, usually combining a whole lot of factors together that can't be represented in a single formula. Some people forcefully try and think about themselves as being bisexual or homosexual or whateversexual because they feel the need to rebel against society, feel the need to fit in or impress some one else or themselves, and some people wind up that way by being who they are where they live and in their environment.

In other words, erm, actually there isn't an option for me because I'm cheap and saying "things are what they are and there is no truth; it's all relative."

I know what I am myself (heterosexual, which is sadly becomming more and more a synonym for "close minded" among those silly younger teens), why I am that, and I'm comfortable with it.

Edited by RikuDrak

I tend to suscribe to Heinleinistic ideas when it comes to sex, so as far as I'm concerned, labels don't matter. Either you and your partner(s) enjoy it, or you don't. And if you don't that just means practice is required. smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Take it from me, forcing labels on your children fucks them up royaly. You will never be able to undo this kind of damage. Take it from me, if your four year old son wants to wear red lipstick so he can look like mommy or put on some ruby red slippers so he can look like Dorthy, let him. When you see your pre-teen daughter looking at girls, don't go up to her and tell her not to become a lesbian. Chances are, with men being such bastards, she'll be better off with a chick anyway.

My point is, no matter how much control you think you have over your children and influencing their decisions, you have absolutely no control over this. Just face facts and give up. Sure, you can choose to continue, dropping them little hints and clues that mommy and daddy want you to grow up strait. But you are only hurting them and yourselves. You cannot imagine the self loathing that they feel when the people who are supposed to love them unconditionally tell them, subtly or strait out, that they will not be loved the same if their sexual orientation is something other than expected.

You have to understand they can't help themselves or the way they relate sexually to other people, and when to try to make them think that they can, it just makes them hate themselves when they can't.

I guess it all comes down to how much of your child's mental sanity are you willing to risk to try to make them into what you want?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Rosemarius
Take it from me, forcing labels on your children fucks them up royaly. You will never be able to undo this kind of damage. Take it from me, if your four year old son wants to wear red lipstick so he can look like mommy or put on some ruby red slippers so he can look like Dorthy, let him. When you see your pre-teen daughter looking at girls, don't go up to her and tell her not to become a lesbian. Chances are, with men being such bastards, she'll be better off with a chick anyway.

My point is, no matter how much control you think you have over your children and influencing their decisions, you have absolutely no control over this. Just face facts and give up. Sure, you can choose to continue, dropping them little hints and clues that mommy and daddy want you to grow up strait. But you are only hurting them and yourselves. You cannot imagine the self loathing that they feel when the people who are supposed to love them unconditionally tell them, subtly or strait out, that they will not be loved the same if their sexual orientation is something other than expected.

You have to understand they can't help themselves or the way they relate sexually to other people, and when to try to make them think that they can, it just makes them hate themselves when they can't.

I guess it all comes down to how much of your child's mental sanity are you willing to risk to try to make them into what you want?

sigh...I wish my parents would agree with that...

Unfortunately they were just able to make my puberty an hell of a lot worse than it was already... (note: I live in Italy. Here the Pope has a major influence on media. This means, if you're not 100% heterosexual and 100% fitting into a gender...you're officially screwed...)

The survey's limited. And the footnote's wrong.

Monosexism is not a belief that there are only two orientations. it's a belief that one should only be of one orientation. Or that such an orientation is superior to being bi.

At least, that's what it says at the link provided. Before i read that, I'd have thought that Monosexualism would be the fundamentalist idea that there is ONLY Male/Female orientation, and the rest are perverted affectations. Choices.

Personally, i think human sexuality is a sliding scale, not a binary trait. And it even slides on some individuals, within a certain range.

Labels may describe certain spots or ranges on the scale, but cannot be completely accurate to describe an individual, not all the time.

But i can't pick 'fuck lables' because of the spelling error.

• 3 weeks later...

i picked 'fuck labels'

why the hell do we have to label things. it only makes teenage years harder because your already trying to work out who you are and the labels and categories only make it harder to work out where you fit in. its like if you don't fit under one label then you must fit under this one. And different groups and categories are discriminated against and its hard if you think that you belong in that group because you can see how being in that group affects those peoples lives and you don't want to be treated like them. my parents alwasy put labels on sexuality and being anything but straight is not acceptable. and for years i hated myself and tried to deny who i was because i didn't want to dissapoint my parents or have them look at me with disgust. now i've stopped hating myself for being bisexual and if people have a problem with it then they can go fuck themselves. people shouldn't judge. how can someone say it disgusting to have sex with someone of the same gender if they haven't tried it themesleves?

Fuck labels, man! People put way too much stock on defining their sexuality. Before middle school, I thought I was hetero, then in middle school and half of high school, I thought I was bi, the other half of high school, I got so confused with myself that I just said, fuck it, I give up! Then, I got to college, and I started to realize that I was gay, which is how I see myself know, but I still hesitate to label myself as that since it could change. I base my sexuality on the fact that real life guys gross me out, but I constantly write yaoi, so I really don't know what's wrong with me. My cousin considered himself asexual until he met his best friend/now husband and realized that he liked guys. My sis is definitely straight, though I don't know if that's really true, or she's too much of a conservative to look inside of herself. It remains that I have only one straight friend. One of my friends defined herself as straight, but then she met a girl that she got a crush on and got really confused. I maintain that she was always bi because she would practically drool at certain actresses when we watched movies, but once again, labels are insufficient. My friends are my friends. Labels do help to simplify things, but I think that people who think that you can only be straight or gay are in denial. My cousin, Rebecca, is asexual, and I'm not kidding. Sex grosses her out and she's twenty seven, so I don't think that that's going to change any time soon. My dwelling on labels gives me a headache.

• 3 months later...
Guest Monsterking

though i do not read non hetro pairings i do think that love is love and thus there is no reason why it should be restricted so fuck the labels soceity puts on it

Peace Out brothers and sisters of adult-fanfiction.org and may the furs be with you "WOOOOOO!!"

I say fuck labels! Seriously... Growing up I thought that being a guy I was supposed to like girls. That's how the world works right? Except that in Kindergarden I had a bit of a crush on another boy. That had me confused.

I am mostly attracted to men. Most people would throw the label of homosexual on me because of that. I prefer men for many different reasons. However, I can, and do appreciate the female body. I've had crushes on a few girls. I've gone out with a few girls. I even tried to give a girl oral sex once. It wasn't my thing. I'm much better at blow jobs.

• 5 months later...

i've seen people want to add zoophilia into a list of 'real accepted sexualities'

on the basic of 'if the dog don't bite ya, they like it'

uhh....

the notion of sexual oritation can open up to many worms.

though I'd like to pop into those condensations and remind people of those 'fighting for what they love'

wich according to current laws are illegal.

as for my self. I don't know. you'd think the world is just strait or gay or 'confussed' or 'testing the water'.

I'm told everyone is gay but I cannot think of myself with a female.