Click Here!

Slashers ... how did you start?

teeta

LOL! I stumbled onto it by accident. Given that I have friends who are sci fi fans, I'd heard of fanfiction before, but I disregarded it entirely.

Then i was doing searches for artists for a comic project, and stumbled onto someone who had done art for Jennavere's fics, Dragon Tamer and Veela Enigma. And that was that. A month later I'd read a mountain of H/D and was already writing my own. Even though I write more angst laden material, I still go back to Jennavere's fics because they're like comfort food for the mind ;-)

The odd part was that I'd been hip deep in slash my entire life and hadn't known it. Mercedes Lackey's novels are very slashable, especially the early ones, and so are Storm Constantine and Poppy Z Brites books. All slashable as hell, and I'd never made that final step into actually writing something myself...until I blundered onto someone else's fanfiction and just got floored by the cuteness :-)

Lurve, Samayel

Edited by SamayelSlash

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember myself reading countless amount of Gundam Wing fanfiction despite the fact I have never watched the amine and didn't find manga that interesting. Yet the characters were so good and the fanfics I came across were so good that they sucked me in for a good couple of months.

That what go me into slash. I did see about 20 or so eps first. I hated Relena I still her and several other like Kagome. I always found guy on guy interesting, however, I didn't knwo had the same intrest as me. Untill I came a cross a 1x2 Heero/Duo fanfic and as they say it wnet down hill from there. Sure I read het once in a blue moon in the origanal section but I jsut can't get into it any more.

As time went on it extende to

Harry/Draco

Sev/Sirus

Sirus/Remus

Inuyash/Varios males

Naruto/Sasuke

... etc

I can gone forever.

But that what happened me and I'm glad it did!        

I like reading slash stories and it was only a year ago I started to really write slash. Haven't posted any beyond a hint of one.

But if the pairing is good and the story well written, I'll read it.

Beth

Who ever talked about Mag 7 is a Holy Warrior-you NEVER see enough fans.

Ahem.

I got into slash in a odd way, actually. My dad got me the main three Dragonriders of Pern books, which have mention of 'slash' in them, in a way. I got curious. But it wasn't until a few months later when I started High School and bumped into a girl reading FF8 yaoi/slash and asked what it was that I really discvoered and was hooked on slash fiction.

Now I am known by most of my friends as the Slash Whore @@ my how things change.

I love way to many fandoms and pairings...

FF7 is my main true love, with TsengXReno, RenoXReeve, and CidXVinnie as my pairings.

I'm not a Naruto or Inu fan, but I do like YYH and Weiss Kruez (Anything with Schuldig gets me). Right now I am on a One Piece and TRC hype though.

Slash wise, I like Mag 7 CSI and HP, and am pretty flexable. If anyone wants a wicked crossover fic, read the Denuo Archive-it is the best fanfic I have read in my decade long internet career.

I know this may sound twisted but I started reading and writing M/M when i was 16...I had done a google search for my favorite two Yu Yu hakusho males and i had gotten the most interesting sites. I thank a one B-Chan ; having that site of hers for a while on my favorites list was enough to get me by. Her story Koorime litter made me so warm inside and opened me up to M-preg.

I didn't start writing untill I was 18 and by then B-Chan's site was gone. I was so distraught but I had begun participating in the high school's 13'th year program I had made a friend who lent me some Gravitation Doujinshi and i became absorbed. It was thanks to my friend from the high school that I now devote myself to writing and collecting M/M novels. The dirtier the better!

haha... well for me I guess it was accidentally getting a hold of one of my friends yaoi mangas. I think it was Gravitation...

But I was so confused. I thought it was seriously taboo to publish anything with any type of homosexual insinuations. (I was 15 years old and not very up on what was going on around me).

But I was so interested I borrowed the book. Eventually though she gave it to me for my birthday. hehe

Ever since then, I write almost anything, but mostly slash.

One day, my cousin uttered those fateful words to me, 'hey, wanna go to japan with me?' And thus a fangirl was born. My cousin is a freelance artist that lives in japan. I went and got to see anime for the first time. I started to watch gundam wing, but in the middle of the series so I had no idea what was going on. I looked it up online and the first site i came to was a yaoi fanfiction site. I didn't even know what fanfics were at the time let alone sex or yaoi, but i loved it. I got the sudden urge to write stuff like that and from my first one, my friends loved my stuff, so i've been writing ever since. it's been almost ten years now.

Okay.....let's get one thing straight.....I love slash! Lmao! I first started liking slash pairing when I saw this video on youtube supporting a Naruto yaoi(malexmale) couple called NaruSasu. It's basically Naruto(main character) and Sasuke(emo secondary/main characeter). I thought it was so cute to see these two together and how adorable the anime would be with this couple, but alas......Masashi Kishimoto(Creator) apparently prefer's Sakura(Naruto's crush, I hate her she's useless). Sheesh! Then why he puts so much hints between these two!HUH? Also, why is Naruto trying to find Sasuke! I don't just think his only reason is to bring him back to Konoha and love him as a "brother!"

I love that pairing! Not SasuNaru all too much because they make Naruto a bit to girly of a uke and I don't like it all too much. HE ISN'T THAT GIRLY! HE'S NOT GIRLY BECAUSE A GIRL PLAYS HIS CHARACTER~ See NaruSasu is Naruto as seme(guy on top) and Sasuke as uke(guy on bottom!).

Pepsi-Chan AKA Allison

7 years ago, I was barely 13 years old, fresh out of middle school, talking on the phone to my friend.

She goes, "Guess what I found on the internetz?"

"Wut?"

She goes, "A picture of Quatre and Trowa kissing!"

Blink Blink. "WUT?"

She printed it and brought over to mi casa the next day.

Some rusty gear in my brain started cranking. And I've been drawing and writing about hot hunky homos ever since.

For me I started about a year and a half ago - not really knowing until then I could really do it. I've been a huge Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy fan since I was 7, yet could never find any fics for them that I wanted to see.

Basically one night while watching a few movies of the woman I can see as Ivy I decided to work out a fantasy there on my laptop - from there I ended up getting into male/male slash thanks to friends of mine in the Power Ranger fandom

I got into slash about sometime last summer I had really just found out about fanfiction because face it I'm a nerd anyway at first I started with the kiddy stuff stories where you insert yourself and while I was looking for one of these stories I stumbled across a SasuNaru fic and instantly I was hooked and have been ever since. But I haven't really given any thought to writing slash until recentlyn and I got my ideas one is from a challenge by Alex for a Harry Potter/Anita Blake crossover and the other is a rewrite of a threesome fic that has seemingly been abandoned by its other and I thought that both ieas would make kick ass stories once developed plus both stories feature some of my favorite pairings.

Favorite pairings:

HP:

---Harry/any male

---Draco/Lucius

• 1 month later...

My first ever fandom was Digimon, way back in the day... Tai and Yama were my first love there. And looking back on it again, it only becomes more obvious to me how much they wrestle, hold hands, and look to each other longingly. Then again, watching 'Digimon is on Gay Fuel' kind of clenched the deal: http://digigayfuel.ytmnd.com/

As for first fanfiction, the first few I read were really hard-core BDSM Yugioh fics by hatochiisai, though I'm not sure which ones. It was extremely graphic for being my firsts, but I couldn't have asked for anything better to introduce me, really. Once you're a little desensitized, it becomes easier to react to more outlandish things that you read and figure out just what you're actually into.

Roleplaying was my first experience doing anything with slash, though the RP that resulted of my muddled preteen years was extremely fucked up in more than one sense. It was mostly Digimon but evolved into something much more, something drugged up and angsty and hypersexual. I'd like to think I've developed since then, but still look back on it fondly.

I'm glad I got into slash when I did. I'm not very proud of my super-fan girlish stage, but it's allowed me to develop my sense of sexuality and sensuality in different ways and actually has opened me up to a lot of concepts. I think it really allows someone to develop beyond a sense of deviancy that society tends to put on us for having different fetishes and fantasies, and at the same time lets you meet others based on something so intimate. I think as long as it's used carefully, it can be a powerful weapon <3

I have cruel friends lol - For a long time I couldn't quite understand what the appeal was... and then I got back into the Power Ranger fandom and so many people seemed to be talking about the UST between certain male characters and after seeing some of the episodes and then the fanart and then finally reading the fics I finally "got it" and have been hooked on some of those pairs ever since

I started reading/writing FemSlash because...though married to a man...I tend to like women slightly more. I've been thinking about it since I was around 9 or 10 (yes, I was an odd child)...and with the advent of computers, well...:D

I seem to be the only one around here, but my fav. pairings:

Suite Life of Zack & Cody: Maddie and London

High School Musical: Sharpay and Kelsi

Charmed: Prue and Piper

Celebrity...there's quite a list, but here's a short version:

Ashley Tisdale/Olesya Rulin (or Vanesssa Hudgens, Brenda Song, and a few others)

Shannen Doherty/Holly Marie Combs

Lauren Graham/Rosa Blasi (did do a crossover between Gilmore Girls and Strong Medicine with their characters in each)

Lisa Vidal/any of the above mentioned celebs.

I tend to write about who I like...in almost any combination. Some are posted here (in the celebrity section, movies, television) but most are only thoughts going through my head that I'm trying to pin down so I can write about them.

I try to stay as close to character as possible, but sometimes, it just doesn't work...or I'll add an OC just to "shake things up" a little...or for the story to make more sense.

Me...I've been reading and writing Slash for about...6 years now. I got into it because some one opened a story up on my computer while I was writing an english paper. I had left it for 10 minutes and at the time, we couldn't lock our computers because the system was down. So I come back and theres AFF.net with a Draco/Harry story on it. This happened to me about 3 other times so I finally broke down and read it.

I've been hooked ever since. I do mostly crossovers, but I do have a fav. pairings.

• 2 weeks later...

Mild bump!

When I was young, (like 11) I used to read DBZ ff. though it was mostly Het, and all terrible, but at 11 I didn't know the difference, as time went on i started looking at Digimon ff (now I'm like 12!) And since I didn't like any of the pairings in the anime. I did write for myself a OC, but to read and get ideas I read Daiken. Then the slash spiral started. I got into harry Potter at 11, but never wrote until I noticed Draco and his father's relationship (I've always been a warped child.)

That's what I started to write as far as slash, finding that I had like 3 people who share simliar ideas I lost a lot of interest in HP and then got seriously into music later in my 12 years. and started writing RPS and RPH. It's just slowly turned into RPS, and has continued into my 20's.

I'm attempting het once more, seeing as some of my "OTP's" (they would be considered cannon seeing as they are married) are hetrosexual. After so many years writing slash. It's hard to get into writing het, but I want to for the fact of 3 couples that I adore.

I always feel so alone in these things as a RPS writer, I'm expecting to get guff, so sorry I'm not more descriptive. Why couldn't I have an acceptable love of FPS? *sigh* :birthday:

I especially like your story, Faery Delight. I guess you'll never really know if someone had pulled that story up on your computer to harass/embarrass you or because he/she saw an open computer and wanted to read some Harry/Draco. Or someone thought you'd like the story but was too shy to suggest reading it? At any rate, that's neat that you broke down, read it and started writing yourself.

• 4 weeks later...
My mother read Marion Zimmer Bradley...And as soon as I could wade through the vocabulary, I did too. So in elementary school I was reading about same sex pairings among the "Free Amazons." Some of the male main characters also had male lovers.

*sigh* Margali, Jaell, Damon, Callista, Ellemir & Andrew… yep, love them too :)

Anyway…how and why did I get involved with slash?

Last year around springtime I was a little obsessed with LOTR and fumbled over a site with tons of stories.

I got finally over it after a couple of weeks, RL being real busy and all.

Then in autumn I was watching one of the HP movies and I was not feeling well. But even though not feeling well, I did notice that Alan Rickman as Severus Snape is – well, hot. And that voice…

So I started looking for HP slash, never once actually thinking about writing slash myself (writer's block since years).

What finally made me write one myself was because I saw many brilliantly written Stories, which supposedly included BDSM, but were actually abusive. I wanted to show a different side of that lifestyle and that's what I did.

Well, and now I'm hooked with the Potterverse. That's it :unsure:

i got started writing yaoi when somebody challenged me to write yaoi (slash). my best friend told me she wanted me to write something with kouga and inuyasha. and me, being the kind of person that i am, i couldn't turn down the challenge. i had to take it and i had to do it. that's how i got started. because before i could write the story, i had to do research. and with the research came a fascination. and i found i prefer writing yaoi. nothing fancy, nothing spectacular. just... a challenge i couldn't turn down. :unsure:

I think I started out in DBZ with Goku/Vegeta, at least briefly. Naruto/Sasuke were the pairing that really got me into and then, best of all Draco and Harry. mmm. I actually started out with all het stuff, but I ran out of stuff eventually and had to move on to boys, and man am I glad I did! I also got into yaoi manga so the obsession has stuck.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be darned if I can find it, but my first introduction to slash was when I stumbled across a Final Fantasy VII fic website (CidVin) It was the first time I actually began to register sex and crap. It was pretty good, but at the time there was some trouble at home, so the dark aspect of the fic was interesting to me (kind of theraputic, as I usually didn't feel so crappy after reading it.) After that, though, I started reading other stories by the author and just found I enjoyed slash. Not really sure why, as unless it's my boyfriend I can't stand the sight of naked men or the sight/sound of a man having sex. :S

Later on my interested faded from the slash aspect to the relationship aspect. Hell, I even tried writing a couple of gender benders just because I really thought certain characters were good for each other.

Guest Savaial

Well, I just wrote my first slash and now I see what all the fuss is about. I had fun writing it. But it started because some reviewers on another fic wanted to see Cloud/Sephiroth. I wonder how many people starting writing slash just because someone requested it?

Guest MortiferLascivio

Well, first of all I barely knew what internet was before 2003 and when I did get it in 2004, I joined a website. One of the members talked about Harry Potter fanfiction and about how she was reading a very sexual story involving Harry and Hermione. I was like "What!?" because sex and HP did not register in my mind. So I decided to check this fanfiction thing out for myself. The first stories I ever read were het of course, slash not being a thing I ever even considered (espeically for a children's book) but then one day I accidentally came across a Draco/Harry story (and as the luck of the draw would have it, it also contained Vore). I was sick at first and not because of the vore. I was thinking, "that's disgusting putting two boys from Harry Potter together".

For a while, while reading fanfiction, I couldn't get over the fact there was so much swearing and sex in the stories. I never really considered Harry Potter as THAT sort of story. But I got over it and now I don't even bat an eye when the word "fuck" and "cock" appear about every fifth sentence.

But then, maybe about a year later, I started thinking about it again. I searched around the site for more slash, seeing if anyone else was writing it as well (my naive mind thought that it was a one time thing from a very, very deranged person) but to my surprise, the internet is just FILLED with slash, particularly DH slash. And then I dabbled around in the fandom for a while, reading the stories and finding out that a lot of slash was better written than all the het stories I read (even though my favorite story ever remains a het story to this day). So I read for awhile and then decided to write it, noticing that slash stories got a hell of a lot of reviews and attention ( I was an attention whore, okay?). My first slash stories were duds and I got flamed into high hell for them (even though my grammar and spelling was good, the plots were just weak and retarded). For awhile I was too afraid to even attempt writing a story ever again, but that I got over as well. Now slash pairings are my main pairings in my stories, though I tend to read all kinds of pairings.

And that's my story about how I started writing slash.

Oh boy, let's see...

Well, I first got into anime back in the day when the dub of Sailor Moon was airing on TV. Later I recall hearing how terribly chopped up the editted dub had been, and so in my first year of university (when I first got high speed internet) I started downloading it in Japanese.

Damn, was that ever an improvement. And it turned out that one of my favourite villains had been a gay man afterall, instead of the straight (flat-chested) woman the dub had made him. Since then, Kunzite and Zoisite have been my favourite yaoi pair.

As I watched anime, I started seeing shows with light or heavy BL tones to them. Utena, Yami no Matsuei, etc. And I started watching full yaoi as well, Ai no Kusabi, Boku no Sexual Harassment, etc.

I had all kinds of ideas for fanfiction for years, but I always thought that my writting was terrible. Then I figured, screw it, I'll write it down anyway. Then it found its way online, and people seemed to like it.

I've only written within the Sailor Moon fandom, and especially within the live action universe. Damn, some of the boys on that show were fine indeed, and of... questionable sexuality.

Favourite pairings:

Kunzite/Zoisite (Sailor Moon, anime and live action)

Endymion/Zoisite (Sailor Moon, live action)

Muraki/Tsuzuki (Yami no Matsuei)

Touga/Saionji (Utena)

And there's more, but that's off the top of my head at the moment. Interesting to note that I've also cosplayed as one person in each of those pairings as well. Funny how that works.