Click Here!

I don't understand but I had an account here but I had re-registered? All my stuff is gone unless there was a tech issue I dont know about. My old post are here and my user name is still the same. Was I banned? I'm confused.

The database on the forums have just been cleaned out. Users who had remained inactive for at least a year had been cleared from the list. We did this because we had hundreds of inactive users who never even posted or visited after signing up.

Feel free to re-register. Just keep in mind that if you let another year pass by without logging in, you'll be deleted from the list again and asked to re-register yet again.

• 3 weeks later...

I understand the need to clean up and make more space, but I'm sure I've posted within the last three months (four at the most). I haven't been active here in awhile, but it certainly hasn't been a year. Was this year based off of last post made, or number of posts made within a year?

I really don't mean to sound rude about it, but I was a little discouraged (and irritated, I'll admit) when I tried to log on and found that I had to create a new account.

Guest echtrae

You probably did. There was an error in the purge and it took out members who hadn't been active within the last couple of months. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Yea seriously... I was here in April!! That's screwy. All my money points I had are lost and all my other stuff as well. What exactly was the problem? I don't get it really cuz I even see a friend I cajoled into joining and she only last posted back in January yet I was here much more recently than that but her account is still in working order.

Maybe next time you guys can send an email warning or something? I know there's lots of members but geez... at least give us some warning for those of us who were barely gone 3 months!

Edited by trekqueen

Guest echtrae

The methodology for the purge is being reviewed and those responsible are to be sacked. biggrin.gif

OK. That's only partially true. The method of the purge is being reviewed and revamped. Hopefully this won't be an issue again.

The methodology for the purge is being reviewed and those responsible are to be sacked. biggrin.gif

OK. That's only partially true. The method of the purge is being reviewed and revamped. Hopefully this won't be an issue again.

ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif

well if you want me to take a look at anything I know a bit about databases...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.