Click Here!

Sequel to Candylynn's See Me

Kyarorin

• 4 months later...
Guest Shmeather

I'm looking for this too! I desperately want a copy that's not just in my memory... Do you know if this Candylynn is the same Candy aka Candylynn on ff.net? I'm tempted to make an account there just so I can PM her and ask!

Have you fund a copy? If so I would love a copy.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread in case you answer.

Searching for a Fic?

If you know the piece of fiction that someone is searching for is removed from the site, but you retained a personal copy, please do not pass the story around. If the story is taken down either by the Author or Moderator staff there is a reason behind it that must be respected.

Guest posters may not post links. This is a spam prevention option that had to be enabled.

Please keep in mind when asking if anyone is familiar with a story that AFF is not associated with FanFiction.Net in any way, shape or form.

Guest Smeather

Oh dear! Sorry for my taboos pittwitch!

I don't know that this author was ever on this site specifically (I ran across this page via a Google search while trying yet again to locate this story), but have an inkling that they are on that other one even if their writing activity has lapsed. I didn't intend to link, was just wondering if that author is possibly the same author. The author hasn't taken down their stories, that I know of, and the one that Kyarorin mentioned is on at least two sites that I can find still. One of which is an archive, but the Owner/Moderator will take down stories on request of the author, so I'm hopeful still that the sequel is just hard to find or got lost in a server transfer, or the like. I've seen many authors take down their work for different reasons and do try to respect their wishes if they ask for their stories not to be passed around. If there is still a copy to be found on some obscure website I would love to be able to read this story again, it's been a thorn in my butt for the past few years!

Sorry again for the taboos.

Hey Smeather, what pittwitch was pointing out was the no sending around of copies using this site. It's unfortunate that we've had to take that step, but it is to protect not only our members, but writers in general who pull their works and don't wish them distributed.

Guest Smeather

I understand why you would need/want to implement that step DemonGoddess061. One of my favorite writers in the Doctor Who/Torchwood fandoms actually took their works down and asked them not to be passed around a [long] while back. As much as I dislike missing out on being able to get copies of the stories for personal use, I dislike that she had such a negative experience with a few readers even more. I'm still hopeful that this story is posted somewhere and that I don't run into information that Candylynn pulled the sequel down because that would be the end of my hoping.

Thank you for the clarification dear.

What really sucks is why they feel the need to protect themselves like this, and why we take the extra step as well. Plagiarism. Incredible how many people will take an "old" story and copy it nearly word for word in some for instances and try and pass it off as their own.

Doing a bit of additional looking, it does look like the author you linked to is the one you're looking for.

Guest Smeather

Plagiarism is something that I really can't stand, so I'm actually grateful y'all take that step. It feels awful when somebody takes credit for something you did, no matter what medium it's in. The only time I've even vaguely enjoyed seeing somebody get 'flamed' was when that person was receiving it due to having plagiarized someone else's work.

I was hoping that it might be the same author, and that it didn't just seem so in my own head! So thank you for that bit of looking! I remember a lot of good stories being taken down due to that site's rating changes and was thinking that may have been part of the stories disappearance, at least from that site. I will be trying to get into contact with the author of "See Me" through that website, to see if the fic still exists ...well anywhere really.

Would it be okay to write on here, to let Kyarorin know, if it does turn out to be the author? Especially if there is an available copy of the story to still be had?

P.S. Your kitty signature "I fawt teh lawn" picture is cute.

hehe odd story behind the picture...it's a reference to my ongoing battle with Lawnzilla, which has managed to eat 4 lawn mowers in the past 5 years, grows at a rate of 1/2" every 10 hours in the spring, and makes my allergies go positively ballistic!

If the author points you to where she's got the story added for reading, go ahead and link to it. We have NO problem with that.

Guest Smeather

Oh no! Lawnzilla sounds awful! That rate of growth is horrible for a lawn mower's health. And especially for allergies. Hope your lawn mowers are resting in peace now, or that they were useful in some other way(like crafting or DIY projects.) At least it made for a good picture and caption!

Have you had any luck or experience with acupressure for allergy symptom relief? (Or acupuncture even, but most acupressure points can be self applied, and thus also free.) You can easily find the specific points through a web search, along with pictures of where they are and information about what pressure to use. Off the top of my head I believe meridian points LI11, TH5 and LI4(avoid LI4 during pregnancy though) are good for allergies. And UB2 and LI20 may also help due to aiding to open the sinuses.

I had to wait 24 hours before I could send a private message on that other site, but I made an account(personal, and little bit odd, pet peeve of mine is to have/create accounts on websites that I don't contribute to, especially fiction sites) in order to ask Candylyn if that fiction was not only hers but also if it still exists in some way shape or form. Do what you must in order to read good fics! So just waiting for a reply, fingers crossed that I will get a response for both Kyarorin and I - and others maybe, which will hopefully lead to access to the story. If there is a link to share, I will be on here with it in a flash!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.