Click Here!

Plagiarism

Guest luvrofink

Guest luvrofink

http://books.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600094878

The above story is plagiarizing a story that is not currently on AFF.net, but on the original author's blog. Hysteria101 (the plagiarist) is deleting reviews that are calling him/her out on their thievery. The admins are doing their best to review the stories, but in the mean time, we're hoping that this author will get enough bad reviews that they will remove it on their own.

Guest anisimonesong

Wow...Thanks, bb. I really appreciate it. I seriously doubt that personal has any morals. Otherwise, she would have done the right thing by now. I am grateful for your support, bb.

One of the things that we try to discourage here on AFF is flame wars on review boards and in our forums. Right now, it appears that the reviews are being deleted almost as fast as they go up, and there has been no response, but we'd like everyone to keep in mind that a flame war isn't going to help resolve this any faster, since it will require the moderators to have to go and deal with that issue on top of the original plagiarism report.

We do understand how frustrating this is, and I know Danyealle has mentioned that she herself went through the grief of being plagiarized. We're authors as well, and we take this very seriously. Trust us to do the right thing here, and we'll get this resolved as fast as we can!

Thanks!

Edited by BronxWench

Guest credoroza

This is a shame. it is horrible when you see this. I am not a writer but an avid read of FF. I love so many of the stories and have met a lot of the writers of my favorites. It is always a thrill to get to know them. The REAL writer of this story I met when I started reading the story on FFnet, about a week before it got the boot :)) She is one of the nicest ppl I have met on twitter and her story opened my eyes to OCC pairings, something I never read. The story was so original you couldn't help follow it. We were all thrilled when she started the blog so we could continue following. She has since completed and is working on the original version for publishing. I am also priveledged enough to have access to her private account so I can continue following the ogiginal works. She is very talented. I am so sorry this happened to her as well as the other true writers it happens too. AFF will do the right thing and remove the pilfered story. Why anyone would go to such lengths to steal work that is not theirs is beyond me. And even sadder, because FF and the characters are borrowed, the writers of these amazing plots are not protected from this nonsense. Hopefully one day the FF sites will figure a way to validate better. In the interim, let's hope this doesn't discourage other writers from posting and taking away something we all love! Chin up BB, it will be over soon :))

Guest InspireRae

I really hate when this happens. Hopefully everything will be taken care of properly by the admins here on the site because it looks like the thief is not taking ownership of her wrong doing. Karma is a bitch and she has a big storm coming her way.

Point one - one of our clean up crew found this and reported it before anyone else.

Point two- I emailed the original author this morning to be sure it wasn't her, as I had mistakenly Hall of Shamed someone a few months back because I could not tie the profiles together. Lesson was learned, and I am even more careful. ;)

Point three - as this is something that is not only against ToS, but something that ends up in the Hall of Shame, it had to wait until I got home from work, because part of what I do for this requires being able to modify in the database itself. As I'm the only one that does that, they were all waiting for me to get home.

Hall of Shame entry

This is truly ridiculous. I will do all I can to help. Starting with nasty reviews. I've had this problem too but not on this scale or anywhere like this level.

The best thing is to let a moderator or administrator know, and we'll get right on it. We have zero tolerance for plagiarists, but we'd also rather not have to put out a flame war at the same time.

We have lots of room in the Hall of Shame to hoist those nasty plagiarists... :D

Not only that, but please know that if you are flaming, even when it's a nasty such as this, that it could have repercussions on your own account as well. Unlike FanFiction.Net where all you can do is spam the reports and flame the author, we actively moderate the archive and every single report is reviewed with in 24 hours. Just because you may not hear back immediately doesn't mean that we aren't working behind the scenes to ensure we have the truth (Like DG mentioned) and stopping it :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.