Click Here!

Gay Bomb

ZombieDuke

Has someone in the upper echelons been reading our orgy posts???!!!

(oh please please please, is someone on this site (who likes slash, obviously) in a high-up Gov't position?)

Guest Madapple

I particularly like the flatulance bomb.

People, I think men in particular, are amused by bodily functions.

People would be farting and laughing all over the battlefields.

Well, the Kensey report estimated that about 1/4 of WWII vets had at least one homosexual experience. Kind of defeats the purpose, don't you think?

Yet another fine example of hard-earned American tax dollars at waste.

Quamp, it was suggested, never pursued. Even then, a 7.5 million dollar budget is nothing, when you consider the cost for a single plane ranges to several billion. This is the result of a slow news day, and someone decided to go with some of the more odd ideas that have cropped up in the military. And why not? The goal of war isn't to blow everything up and shoot what's still moving, it is to stop the other guy from fighting back.

Though admittedly, it does give another meaning to 'Make love, not war...'

Quamp, it was suggested, never pursued.

True, but some defense official had to listen to this on company time.

That, IMO, is a waste of taxpayer money.

Depends on if it had been feasible or not. I was reading a book where the character was pretty much doing that, going around the country looking at all the various offers people were making to the military. It was sort of described as looking for very sharp needles in a very large haystack, with the slight bonus that if a blunt needle could be found that it might be considered for sharpening.

Think about if something like that did work, just for a moment. Imagine trying to mentally come to terms with sexual desire for the guy in the next fox hole when you know you're straight. That could prove to be very distracting in the heat of battle, where such distractions are normally not tolerated very well. As the very least, hindering the ability of an enemy force to fight back is a great way to save friendly lives. So having to spend three hours on it (two for the pitch, one for the report) is really not that big a waste.

So what if it was on company time? It was proposed to a guy who would most likely be sitting in an office anyway, so he'd still have gotten paid. Does it matter if his time was spent listening to odd ball proposals in order to find useful ones, rather then sitting there counting the number of bullets stockpiled at various bases? Keeping an eye out for new ideas and strategies is never a waste of military time, because the ones that end up getting used make up for all the ones ignored.

Sounds just like a bad slash plot to me. laugh.gif (Anyone want to take this? A free plot bunny, courtesy of the U.S. military)

Then again, my cousin was a straight man when he joined the army and bi when he got out. think.gif

I think the best response the AFF community can give is to actually pursue and expand this idea in writing. If the US Army ain't gonna do it, then we could! tongue.gif

Guest Big Samurai
I think the best response the AFF community can give is to actually pursue and expand this idea in writing. If the US Army ain't gonna do it, then we could! tongue.gif

Only if the soundtrack is the 1812 Overture, NG.

cool.gif

I had the priveledge of being an employee of an ex SAS sargeant, (who had many a tale to tell, as you can well imagine). The armies of the world, trust me, have a more straight-forward strategy when it comes to controlling another army, or manipulating an entire country. It can and has been done by simple bank-robbery and skull-dudgery.

Remember "Mission Impossible"? "If you get caught...."

Just as a little aside here - I was watching the news this morning (I happen to do that) and across the ticker came the admission from the Pentagon that they had considered this back in '94. It almost makes me wonder if someone at my local news station goes around the forums looking for interesting things. I don't have cable (yet) so I don't know if it was on MSNBC or not... but if it reached my little Podunk news it's at least hilarious.