Click Here!

Are stories without adult content allowed on the site? [ADDED]

crunchysalad

Many people seem to be under the impression that stories that do not have adult content are not allowed on this site. I always thought otherwise, but when I looked at the faq section to make sure, it wasn't addressed anywhere. It might be helpful to clarify this in a faq question since so many people think adult-fanfiction.org only allows adult content.

There is no requirement for a story to have adult content for it to be published on AFF. And yes, that is exactly why we have the "NoSex" tag. If a reader simply must have sex, then they should not read stories with a NoSex tag. Pretty simple! :D

there is actually something, somewhere on it stating, clearly, nosex stories are allowed, that Adult Fan Fiction means you have to be an adult to be here but I can't find it right off the bat

Edit: Took me a few but i found it! Here it is...

Edited by Danyealle

Guest CrunchySalad

there is actually something, somewhere on it stating, clearly, nosex stories are allowed, that Adult Fan Fiction means you have to be an adult to be here but I can't find it right off the bat

Edit: Took me a few but i found it! Here it is...

Of course it's your prerogative where to put this information. I was just suggesting creating a faq topic on it because I've run into so many people who think the site is for adult content only. At the very least, the faq section is accessible under the Info & Support tab of the archive. New users would be more likely to see it there, imho, than they are to explore other areas of the forum and find it that way. But it's just a suggestion. If you don't think it's necessary than by all means just ignore this.

~CrunchySalad

• 3 years later...

My only frustration with non adult content is not all non adult fiction is given the NoSex tag (sometimes there are NO tags)so I get 13 chapters into a story and either still no adult content so I move on or I notice an author response to a reader stating its a NoSex fic... And the whole point for me coming here is to get my fix Im not getting in RL... If I want non adult stories I go to the regular fanciction website.

But sometimes there is sex, it's just not in the first chapter... I myself have been lambasted for the lack of smut and/or the fact that it takes a few chapters to get to the smut in my stories. I'm sorry but I prefer to advance the plot a bit and give my characters a reason to have sex.

I suggest you look for the PWP tag if you're simply looking for something to fap to and leave those of us that actually like a little plot with our erotica alone to enjoy it. :D

CL

Guest XxX, we are a moderated archive, and therefore we enforce the rules on required tags, etc. So, the moderators do make sure that stories are correctly tagged, and if they are not, the moderators ask the authors to fix the missing tags.

Since our mods are human (mostly :D) there can always (on rare occasions) be mistakes, or missed tags that are not addressed. And if you find a story like that, it would be highly appreciated if you could let us know, and send us a link to the "offending" story.

To do that, you can either click the little "Report" button at the bottom of each chapter (this is the best option), send an email to: tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org or post a report here: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php/forum/97-all-other-tos-violations/ No matter which option you use, please be as detailed as you can, providing links to the story, name of the story, and what is missing.

Beyond that, I agree with CL, and suggest you keep your eyes open for the PWP-tag. :D

Thank you, and we hope you have fun.

I will state, as one of the archive moderators, I rarely warn an author if the only tag missing is NoSex, just like I don't warn for a missing M/F tag if the story is in the Het subcategory. It honestly shouldn't matter, and I say that as an author as well as a moderator.

Adult fiction means a great deal more than erotica. It can mean dealing with darker themes: loss, anxiety, depression, and the like. There's no requirement that stories here have sex, and there's not even a requirement that stories contain "adult" content. Many authors come here simply because we are an actively moderated archive, and we respond to our members promptly when there is a question or an issue, such as suspected plagiarism. It makes the authors feel safe, because we care about their stories as much as they do.

There are sites that only permit erotic content. We are not one of them, and I for one am quite proud of that.

But sometimes there is sex, it's just not in the first chapter... I myself have been lambasted for the lack of smut and/or the fact that it takes a few chapters to get to the smut in my stories. I'm sorry but I prefer to advance the plot a bit and give my characters a reason to have sex.

I suggest you look for the PWP tag if you're simply looking for something to fap to and leave those of us that actually like a little plot with our erotica alone to enjoy it. :D

This response doesn't strike me as either useful or fair. If the person who asked the question is willing to read several chapters of a story before giving up on finding a sex scene, that implies that this reader likes some buildup, too, and probably wouldn't be too interested in a PWP story.

I will state, as one of the archive moderators, I rarely warn an author if the only tag missing is NoSex, just like I don't warn for a missing M/F tag if the story is in the Het subcategory. It honestly shouldn't matter, and I say that as an author as well as a moderator.

Agreed. You mods are busy enough with serious issues (dealing with plagiarists, preventing lawsuits, keeping out the twelve-year-olds).

I think it's fair to assume that if a story has no tags whatsoever (official or unofficial), it's likely to be devoid of sex scenes. That, or the author's attention to detail is poor enough that their writing might not be fun to read, anyway.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.