Click Here!

Addams Family Musical

NightScribe

Since we don't have a Theater forum, I posted this here.

Has anybody else heard that there's a musical of The Addams Family being planned for Broadway? You think it can translate to the stage, or will it be a flop, like the Elton John/Bernie Taupin debacle Lestat? (Yup, there was a musical of The Vampire Chronicles.....and it tanked-some of the preview reviews were pretty damn entertaining). I guess there may be one good song in this new production, if they use the theme song. Yes, I'm pessimistic, but one never knows.

I actually love Cats! What I was annoyed about was the Lord of the Rings Musical. That was when it got too far for me. Tolkien would have shivered in his grave!

But I can understand Addam's Family Musical. I'd go and see it!

I forgot about the LotR musical! laugh.gif When I first read about that, I thought, "huh? They're doing a musical about what now?" pinch.gif I can see TAF working, though. I envision an amusing, and amorous, duet between Morticia and Gomez, with a tango thrown in somewhere. But really, what's next? A Harry Potter musical? Pirates of the Carribbean? Hmmm.... think.gif

Yo ho, me mateys, drink ye up hearty,

From now on, you're a member of the Black Pearl's party.

Weigh anchor! Off we sail on a dangerous quest,

Seeking out Davey Jones and his mysterious chest! Aarrgh!!

Yes, I'm well aware my rhyming skills are that of a first grader's (no offense to first graders).

I forgot about the LotR musical!  laugh.gif When I first read about that, I thought, "huh? They're doing a musical about what now?"  pinch.gif  I can see TAF working, though. I envision an amusing, and amorous, duet between Morticia and Gomez, with a tango thrown in somewhere. But really, what's next? A Harry Potter musical? Pirates of the Carribbean? Hmmm....  think.gif

Yo ho, me mateys, drink ye up hearty,

From now on, you're a member of the Black Pearl's party.

Weigh anchor! Off we sail on a dangerous quest,

Seeking out Davey Jones and his mysterious chest! Aarrgh!!

Yes, I'm well aware my rhyming skills are that of a first grader's (no offense to first graders).

blink.gif I don't know what to say... Can't anyone write a musical nowadays that isn't based on a movie or a tv show? *sigh* Where's Sondheim when you need him!

This is why I love revivals!

Alright, perhaps I'm being a bit on the judgmental side... but come on. Original ideas are good too ya know! wink.gif

Oh and Nightscribe... don't mention a Harry Potter musical again... someone may get ideas... and I don't want to have to sit through that! laugh.gif

Oh and Nightscribe... don't mention a Harry Potter musical again... someone may get ideas... and I don't want to have to sit through that! laugh.gif

You are absolutely right, Daz. Better send me to the dungeons for detention. wink.gif

It does seem as if boffo new musicals are very scarce nowadays. The composers from the last big wave of the '70s and '80s, (Kander & Ebb, Sondheim, even Weber) are either gone or pretty much retired. Even The Producers and Spamalot were based on films. And I'm a Sondheim fan, too, going all the way back to West Side Story! Now that I'm meandering down memory lane, I never could quite figure out the reason to turn Tommy into a B-way musical, unless Townshend needed to buy a new yacht or something. blink.gif

Here's one to make you shudder: CSI: The Musical (insert lame, pun-laden lyrics here). tongue.gif

Guest Adara

I can just see Harry breaking into song as Voldermort tries for like the fifth time to kill 'im.

...Snape singing at all is just....*shudders*

I can just see Harry breaking into song as Voldermort tries for like the fifth time to kill 'im. 

...Snape singing at all is just....*shudders*

spit.gifrofl.gif Why am I suddenly picturing Lucius flouncing about the stage, doing a few high kicks, before booting Dobby out the door? laugh.gif

Guest Adara

Dobby: "Master gave me a soooooooooooooooooooooooock! Master-gave-me a SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!" *flies off the stage as Lucius kicks him on the bottom* (PG after all ladies and gents...lol )

How are they gonna get someone to play Thing? think.gif

I'm not surprised though, everything ends up on broadway. Pretty soon Halo will end up on broadway, and for some reason i can actually see Master Chief doing those high kicks XD

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.