Click Here!

BronxWench's Review Replies - Original Fiction

BronxWench

For A Good Morning's Sleep:

Melrick 2014-03-31 id # 3000217434 Well I certainly didn't see that outcome. lol A very valuable lesson, I think! Nice job, I enjoyed reading that.

Thank you! :D There's a lot to be said for the great urban tradition of minding one's own business, but we also tend to be as curious as cats about the neighbors. And of course, we all know where that ends. ;)

pippychick 2014-03-31 id # 3000217436 Wow, I didn't expect him to find that! But the lead up you wrote had me completely hooked. I liked the mystery and the character of Finn, and I felt everything right along with him. Fantastic writing!

Actually, I think this is my favourite so far of your little stories.

Thank you! :D Finn is loosely based on a couple of friends of mine who tended bar, and who weren't adverse to sharing peculiar stories late at night, when we were all pretending we didn't have homes to go to. And given how much I admire your writing, I'm doubly flattered that I could provide you with some entertainment. :D

• 4 weeks later...

For The Scapegoat:

pippychick 2014-04-25 id # 3000218056 What a wonderful response to the prompts! You didn't just use them in this little snapshot story, you made them part of the world. Brilliant.

While Tehs may have disgusted him and made him hungry for the kill, I suspect his true master is far more dangerous. Nothing to say he won't become a scapegoat for something himself at some point, and of course, he is still "pretty" - something that I'm sure doesn't escape him at all.

You always write stories that have such rich and interesting worlds. Such a world for a short story! I wish I could convince you to explore this one a little bit more.

Thank you so much! It was actually fun to write, once I figured out where the cabriolet fit in. The rest was simple. :D

I have a feeling I might go back to this world again. It's one that's been growing quietly in my head, and I think it might deserve a deeper look at some point. It's not a pleasant little place, but it has its charms.

Thank you again! If I managed to entertain, I've done my job.

For The Scapegoat:

JayDee 2014-04-28 id # 3000218144 Taking advantage of a little free time to do a couple read and reviews!

As words go, these three looked like they'd be a pain in the ass to work in effectively, but I never doubted you'd manage it. It's an interesting little world you've got there, my first general mental image was much of a steampunk environment, given the "clockwork mongrel". Seems like a nice bit of justice done, thought the line "I am not your pretty, and he is not your blossom." read really well.

Only thing that kind've bugged me - and I ought to stress it probably wouldn't take anyone else the same way - because "Teh" is used as ironic netslang for "the", Tehs name seemed jarring. Kept expecting a 4channer. Again, not holding it against the story or anything, just thought I'd mention it!

Thank you! I know you've been busy, so the fact that you read my little story is marvelous.

It is a sort of steampunk world, and full of a great deal of strangeness, the kind of place only an author can love. No one's very nice, but they're growing on me.

I hadn't quite twigged to the netizen aspects of the "Tehs" name, although it was an ironic homage to my own inability to type certain days. However, given the nature of the world itself, that aspect might work all on its own. Imagine a steampunk web... :D

• 1 month later...

For Hazardous Duty:

flexy68 2014-06-15 id # 3000219379 Hazardous duty indeed!
Very well written and entertaining! I too find your style of giving just enough information for the readers imagination to fill in the blanks without the excess details that could have been used!
To bad it is a "once off"! It read like it could be quite the entertaining saga!
Well done!

Thank you! I love the limitation of flash fics because I love the challenge in fitting enough plot to give the sex a backbone, as it were. :D

This is one of the little character development pieces I wrote to help in the revision of a novel-length work in progress that occupied two NaNoWriMo. I like having a good handle on all the characters, and these oneshots help me get to know them better. This will be the poolside project for this year, I think...getting this monster revised, and both parts merged properly. Which of course will teach me to attempt sweeping sagas that cross star systems and end up with inter-species relationships. :D

For Play It Safe:

flexy68 2014-06-15 id # 3000219380 Well OK then. This tears it! Now I've got to stop just poking round in your writings and start from the beginning!
I really like your style Bronx!!! Well done!

Thank you! As you might have guessed, I have fun writing Sam and Mori's little sketches, They're an intriguing pair, and good fun. :D

For The Accident:

flexy68 2014-06-15 id # 3000219382 Nice twists and turns!!!
That is quite the plot to pull from so little inspiration! Well done!

Thank you! This one I will blame on a very misspent youth and an addiction to offbeat horror films. VERY offbeat horror films... :D

There are far too many worlds in my head, and not enough time to write them all, really. But at least I won't run out of quirky places to visit.

For Indigo:

flexy68 2014-06-15 id # 3000219395 Alzheimer's is a horrible thing! Truly a beautiful work!
Very well done indeed!

Thank you! This is one of my own favorites, although I'm generally my own harshest critic.

What I really, really love is seeing what readers get from my stories, and I do love where it took you. Thank you again! You've made this author very happy. :D

My wife is a caregiver and has worked as such for 20+ years. We've both seen how horrible Alzheimer's is for the person going through it (some knowing something's wrong and some not), the family and the caregivers. It truly is a heartbreaking thing. The couple you described could have been any of several that we've met if they had been a bit older.

Beautiful work!

• 1 month later...

For Punch Line:

archon 2014-07-21 id # 3000220422 Hmmm,. That was an interesting story. Well written and entertaining. I like it.

Thank you! As a writer, I'm always happy to have entertained, and I will admit to a certain fondness for the Poor Bastard. He's gotten the short end of it at my hands twice now, and yet I have a feeling he might be back for more one day (which could be why I think of him as the Poor Bastard). :D

• 1 month later...

For The Sidhe's Apprentice:

smint45 2014-09-06 id # 3000221845 This was a very beautiful story!!! I'm sad that it is only a oneshot, I would have loved to read more of those two!!! Thank you so much for posting this!!!!

Thank you for reading, and taking the time to let me know that you liked it. I have to admit, I have a feeling these two might have a bit more to say at some point. After all, Alistair never did get to ask Cianán about that scar. :D

Lola 2014-09-06 id # 3000221847 It was wonderful!!! Thank you.

And thank you! The nicest reward I get as an author is knowing that someone's enjoyed what I wrote. It makes my day. :D

pittwitch 2014-09-06 id # 3000221848 Magnificent descriptions - so very sensual! I loved every word, each so carefully chosen to create the world. A delightful escape in to the Sidhe realm, of magic all around us, and love, physical and more. Pefection.

Good choice, that amrha - wonderful, truly wonderful.

Thanks for sharing, PW

Thank you, my Witch! I hope, at least for a little while, I could take you away to someplace magical. But with as beautifully as you always write your fey worlds, this is an enormous compliment. Thank you! :D

Gslinger 2014-09-06 id # 3000221856 Lovely Story, short and sweet and I wish there was more of it! Gslinger

Thank you! Honestly, I'm pretty sure these two will be back, and demanding more of my time and attention. The Sidhe are like that. :D

• 2 weeks later...

flutterbye 2014-09-21 id # 3000222284 Why does this story have so few views? It totally deserves more! Great story, and lovely characters. Alistair is so cute.

Thank you! What a lovely thing to wake up to this morning. I'm very happy that you enjoyed this story, and I agree. Alistair really is cute, especially when he gets flustered, which happens a lot. Thanks again from a very happy author! :D

• 8 months later...

For Surrender:

pittwitch 2015-05-29 id # 3000227354 Entranced, enthralled and entertained - well done, dear Wench. Such a rich vignette captured masterfully. I don 't even know the characters yet it doesn't matter for I was lost in the tale. Thank you!

Thank you! I have to admit, it feels good to write for the prompts again! And praise from you always makes my day, my dear Witch! :D

Great minds think alike - although a drabble is about all the time I've got lately. Who knew this teenager thing was still so time consuming? Aren't they supposed to need us less?

For Surrender:

JayDee 2015-05-31 id # 3000227382 I used to know someone with the surname Seaborn. That certainly put an unintended image in my head. Definitely a bloodier story than I might have expected! With what seemed to be a fair portrayal of dealing with existing wounds from rough play. I really liked the line "Honor was preserved, and a vile beast slaughtered in the sun, in the sound of the waves that beat against the stones without mercy like a wild heart." It just seems to flow and work really well, and from a sexiness perspective the brief expectation that Saipio will have a ride on Kdis later seemed especially erotic.

I wonder if this is a new dawn for prompt fics?

I actually have Seaquist in my family line, certainly doesn't bear thinking about too closely. :D But thank you, both for reading, and for reviewing! I seem to be developing a bloodthirsty streak, and I'm not entirely unhappy about that. I don't do fluffy all that well anyway. :lol:

I do hope to be playing in the prompts more often, yes, so let's hope!

Thanks again! :D

Holy crap, you have a reply review from 2011 and only. 4 pages? Somebody has not been answering her replies! Bad girl, no villagers for you!

I always try to answer reviews, boyo. Leave me one, and I'll answer. ;)

For Surrender:

CL.Mustafic 2015-06-01 id # 3000227389 I'm not great at reviews so in short, I read this, I loved this and I only wish there was more of this.

You're writing is so beautifully erotic that the dark aspect to the scene didn't bother me like it normally would have (I don't mind BDSM lite but blood and/or things that would cause one to bleed kind of freaks me out).

Well done!

Thank you! I'm extremely glad I didn't freak you out too badly. And what a wonderful compliment you've given me, to say my writing is beautifully erotic! That's a very high compliment coming from a writer whose work I enjoy, and who writes characters so realistic that I'm green with envy. :D

Thank you again! You've made my day!

Edited by BronxWench

• 2 weeks later...

For Surrender:

NecroNOMNOMicon 2015-06-15 id # 3000227625 This is not usually the type of story that I read, but I've been inspired to expand my horizons, so here I am.
What really strikes me about this story is that you evoke such a large, complicated world in so few words. There is a lot to take in here, as an entire society and hierarchy are hinted at, and it feels like this relationship is at least a secret if not outright forbidden. Nice work.

First off, let me say that having someone not only read outside their usual genre, but to also review is a huge compliment. Thank you! :D

This is one of those odd worlds that sometimes shows up in my head, and demands that I write about it. These two actually had a prior story, and I imagine they're not done with me yet. At the very least, the world is far from done with me, and it's a complicated and sometimes terrible place indeed. Just the way I like it... :D

For Culloch's Rest - Chapter 26:

pittwitch 2015-06-15 id # 3000227633 Awesome - entranced and I simply cannot abide waiting for more. I'm in love with these characters, the tale and Siofra. I read nearly breathless, lost for these few all-too-short moments in another realm. Thank you!

Thank you! I'm glad I could entertain, and I promise, I'm working on the next chapter. I won't make you wait too long, my dear Witch! :D

• 7 months later...

For Surrender:

pippychick 2016-02-15 id # 3000230609 This is so delicious! Always that edge of pain, over everything... perfect.

I often feel like your characters are feral and elemental beneath the words you use to shape them. As if you've gone out and caught them in the woods and made them take parts in a little play for our amusement. You make them feel dangerous, and that's an amazing skill.

I also enjoyed having the impression of the sea, just outside. It echoes the characters here. A cruel sea remains cruel, even when it's calm.

Thank you so much! :D

Yes, the stories from this world do tend to walk on that edge, where pain blurs into pleasure. I'm very pleased that the characters do come off as feral and elemental, because that's exactly how they feel to me as I write their stories. I like this odd little world, and I need to come back to it more often.

But you always make me so happy when you review, and thank you so much for your very lovely words! :hug:

• 1 month later...

For First Step:

The_CL 2016-03-23 id # 3000231084 Oh wow this is so unsettling. Abuse in any form is upsetting but to know what he escaped is unsettling. Is this what you consider fluffy? Grr okay onto the next one.

Um, sorry? It's actually not so much a story about the past as it is about the potential of the future, or so I thought, which is why I call it one of my fluffier ones. That, and I always think we forget that domestic abuse is not always exclusive to women. In fact, it's harder to get men to even admit to it, much less deal with it. So Trey's taken a huge step backinto the light, and Sam's there to help him.

But thank you for reading, and the fact that I could get that strong a reaction means I'm getting better as a writer, no? :)

Edited by BronxWench

For Masking Intentions:

Wirevix 2016-03-24 id # 3000231088 This is an incredibly fascinating beginning. You've done excellent at establishing the start of an incredibly strong world-build in very little time; I cannot wait to learn more about this place, its people, and the story to come.

Thank you! This world is one that's been pulling at me for a while now, but I'm finally doing more than dabbling. I'm glad I'm off to a good start. I always worry that the things in my head don't quite make it to the page, so to speak. :D

pippychick 2016-03-24 id # 3000231090 Though I have had hardly any sleep I am so happy right now! This is wonderful! And so exciting! I dared to imagine you would do this, and tell this story. Kdis is special, even from being a youngster stealing fruit (and trying to poison his enemies, so it seems). That he survives the life-or-death trial of his Assassin's training would be distinction enough, but now this assignment. I sense some serious fate at play here.

I love all of the masks, and I could see them so clearly. It's an alien, harsh place, but so intriguing and beautiful at the same time.

And as always, splendid writing! You convey this world just as clearly through the very way you write it, and I will be on tenterhooks waiting to see what awaits Kdis next. What will his charge be like when they first meet, I wonder?

Thank you so, so much for this! I feel completely honoured that you wrote something for me. Melin le! (and your fantastic imagination) :)

::hugs pip:: I'm so glad you like it! I wanted to do more than just a quick flashfic, and I did promise you I'd tell you about Kdis' past. It just took me a while. But Kdis wants this told, and I promise not to take so long to finish this one. :D

anon~ish 2016-03-24 id # 3000231093 more PLEASE!

Thank you! And yes, I promise! :D

The_CL 2016-03-24 id # 3000231095 Oh lovely. The imagery is so vivid in his flash backs that you almost feel as if you're there. I can see it will be easy to get lost in the world you've created here in just this short prologue. I can't wait to read more.

CL

Thank you, CL! I know you've read the little flashfics where I stuck my toe in the water with this one. It's a harsh world, but I really like it there, and I'm glad you do as well! :D

And for everyone who's read but not reviewed, thank you, too! Keep those cat pokes coming, because those make authors happy, too! :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.