Click Here!

BronxWench's Review Replies - Original Fiction

BronxWench

Oh, thank you for sharing. But yeah, I get what a review can mean. I was wondering what happened to all yer stuff. I was told you had much. And I wanna see more of that setting.

Also yes. More Arenin stuff. That was so utterly… alien to read.

3 minutes ago, Sinfulwolf said:

Oh, thank you for sharing. But yeah, I get what a review can mean. I was wondering what happened to all yer stuff. I was told you had much. And I wanna see more of that setting.

Also yes. More Arenin stuff. That was so utterly… alien to read.

Yes, there was a mishap involving all my stories going “poof.” It’s a teensy bit frustrating, but also an opportunity, so I’m going to look at it as a good thing. 

I might tease out some snippets from the big draft, things that weren’t going to make it into the final cut. I always put in to much, and decide it’s all hopeless exposition, so there’s lots to prune away that could stand alone, if I do it right.

15 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

Yes, there was a mishap involving all my stories going “poof.” It’s a teensy bit frustrating, but also an opportunity, so I’m going to look at it as a good thing. 

I might tease out some snippets from the big draft, things that weren’t going to make it into the final cut. I always put in to much, and decide it’s all hopeless exposition, so there’s lots to prune away that could stand alone, if I do it right.

Well now I have something to look forward to in the future!

• 2 weeks later...

For Punch Line:

From JayDee on September 09, 2018

"I'm pretty sure that the classical definition of heroism doesn't include..." Hercules is still pissed he didn't get labors like that one.

This was pretty upbeat considering the setting of the second half! This was one of those stories where you know it's a one off prompt and that's it and you still want to read more with them. Lamias don't get enough starring roles. Good prompt fic!

Thank you! Honestly, I like lamias. They’re truly underrepresented among the things that go bump in the night, and far more fun than vampires. :D I do feel for the Poor Bastard, though. I really do. Only two more deaths to go, and maybe he’ll get his Elysium, preferably without his ex. :lol:

For Hunting Elysium:

From JayDee on September 09, 2018

...so I read the other one first, scrolled down, and saw there was more to read. I was never the brightest!

I took the other part as a one off prompt slice where you had to guess at what happens, then I actually got to read it. Much better than my guessing :) " Apparently, having a lamia stalking the streets of New York was bad form." Honestly, I saw worse out there. The little sex scene here was just as enjoyable as in the other part too.

Ok, still wanting more of the characters... if I scroll down again what'll I see? :D

:lol: Honestly, I should have made a note in the summary of Punch Line. But be that as it may, yes, this is where it all started for the Poor Bastard. That’s how I think of him, because he’s a cat’s paw in the games the gods play. Nasty, nasty games, with only the odd lamia to break the monotony… Thank you, for reading and for reviewing, and one of these days, I’ll get around to sharing his next death. :D

For Indigo:

From pittwitch on September 09, 2018

Oh Bronx, how in the world did I miss this gem originally?  EXQUISITE!  You are truly gifted with words.  Setting such a sad yet touching tale in a short space, with someone else's prompts.  Amazing!

Thank you, so much! :hug: I suppose authors, like parents, try not to have favorites, but this is one of the stories I’ve always really been proud of writing.  The prompts were just inspired—thank you, Melrick!--and this just wrote itself. But really, coming from you, I’m very flattered and delighted that you liked this little story! :hug:

:lol:  I did add a note to the summary, so I don’t confuse any more readers. But thank you, and I will eventually get around to the next death. Poor Bastard… 

• 2 months later...

For Indigo:

From JayDee on November 12, 2018

I saw the title and wondered if it had been written for the weekly prompt that included Indigo, but not linked in the thread for some reason. Clicking it showed it to be a monthly prompt using the same word (and others!) and all became clear. Ahh AFF, where even the rains come. (Some say my puerile immaturity is actually one of my better points).

I wrote the above before I read the story, and damn this is sad. It makes the above seem even more inappropriate, but I’ve always been honest about being a bit broken.

Whatever it is she’s got, it feels to me like dealing with a kind of early dementia and the man’s sadness and her ‘fading’ come across very real. You’ve put them in a lovely setting, there away from it all, but with real sadness at the heart.

Putting the genuinely arousing sexual encounter in there as well, it’s like getting back to base instincts for her, but also the man’s need for that old intimacy and connection. S’how it seemed to me anyways, I wonder if I miss deeper meaning?

I liked this, and I don’t regret reading it, but I’m also going to be feeling sad about it for a day or so. An emotional connection is a good thing, right? I don’t know. It’s got the feels.

First of all, thank you! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. This has always been a favorite of mine, maybe because it does tug a bit at one’s feelings. I was deliberately vague about what precisely was wrong with her, although the consensus seems to be dementia, and I won’t say it’s not. And you did actually catch the paradox of their lovemaking—for him it’s most definitely a bid to recapture their old intimacy, while she is merely trying to cling to what she remembers of their past.

I won’t apologize for the feels, however. It means I did my job as a writer, because I was able to coax forth that reaction, and I’m pleased I pulled it off. But thank you, again, for the read and the review. :hug: 

On 9/9/2018 at 9:28 PM, BronxWench said:

Thank you! Honestly, I like lamias. They’re truly underrepresented among the things that go bump in the night, and far more fun than vampires. 

Well… now I kinda wanna bring out the Lamia’s I made and then shuffled off to the side.

2 hours ago, Sinfulwolf said:

Well… now I kinda wanna bring out the Lamia’s I made and then shuffled off to the side.

Do it! Do it! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

For The Scapegoat

From InvidiaRed on December 10, 2018

Ah. Young love.

A king always needs.

And the rest of the Court is no less needy… :D Thank you!

For The Scapegoat:

From ANON - on December 17, 2018

Delightful!  Your descriptions are so visceral!

Many thanks! This is a wonderful compliment, and I’m so pleased you liked my little story. :D

14 hours ago, BronxWench said:

For The Scapegoat:

Many thanks! This is a wonderful compliment, and I’m so pleased you liked my little story. :D

I could have sworn I was logged in, goshdarnitanyway.  Totally enjoyed your little story, :)

24 minutes ago, pittwitch said:

I could have sworn I was logged in, goshdarnitanyway.  Totally enjoyed your little story, :)

Oh, love, that’s fine! I left a review the other day in my “work” name and had to delete it and repost it as me. :lol: 

• 1 year later...

First of all, I should start by saying I never intended to have quite so long a dry spell, but…  It may honestly have been a good thing to have to repost work, because I’m getting a chance to look at it with a fresh eye, and hopefully make it better. And now to business!

For Masking Intentions:

From GrimReaper on April 09, 2020

And this is fantastic. I remember reading this a while back and seeing it up again and edited like this is great to see. I love the masks and the mystique you've built around the idea behind them, very intriguing. Definitely looking forward to more.

Thank you! This is one of my favorite worlds, of all the places that live in my head. I’m cleaning it up and tweaking, and that will hopefully put some energy into the remainder of the story. I’ve really wanted to tell Kdis’ story, and I’m excited to be working on it again.

From InvidiaRed on April 09, 2020

Holy Canoli ...

On second thought. Hold the Holy.

It finally updated :D:D

:lol: Yes, yes, I know. I’ve been a bad author and neglected this one terribly but I hope the edits make it stronger and a better read. I’m telling myself that, anyway. And thank you! Keep poking me! 

• 5 months later...

For The Sídhe’s Apprentice:

From InvidiaRed on September 25, 2020

<3

Delightful, Its alittle heartbreaking that its only a short rather than a opening chapter to some doubtlessly amazing book.

Thank you! I have a lifelong fascination with the Sídhe, being mostly of Irish ancestry, and it’s always fun to lay in their world. I will confess, since this was a story that was published, it benefited from the attention of an excellent editor, who always makes me sound far more accomplished than I really am. But I’m always happy to entertain! :lol: 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.