Click Here!

BronxWench's Review Replies - Original Fiction

BronxWench

Review responses for AFF Challenge Prompt Gamma: Almost Home

From JayDee:

That was different! From Swords and Sorcery to Sci Fi! With a title like Almost Home and an MCD tag it wasn't hard to know that survival wasn't likely, but you still took it along an interesting turn, and then the end was genuinely suprising. Likable characters in the brief time, too.

Thank you! It's always fun to try something new, and I'm glad you enjoyed my little venture into space! :D

From anesor:

I can understand her pain, and to still hear him and then not would be awful. But I fear all I can think is why take a resource like a ship with him?

His raider was already damaged, hence the reason he did not survive, and he was locked onto the hull, so his ship could be scavenged for parts. Tierney, however, took a perfectly good raider with her...

Edited by BronxWench

Review Responses for AFF Challenge Prompt Lithium: Special of the Day

From Apollo:

Your Japanese obsession is showing :P Nice quick use of the prompt word with out turning it into a theme!

Blame Neko for my obsession with Japanese men! :D It's a nice change from elves, though. And thank you! :D

From Gslinger:

Short and Sweet! And to point,and certainly one got it! Yo aren't Labs suppose to kept sanitary... doing that in a lab...LOL not sanitary! Anal G

Labs are sort of like restaurant kitchens... best not to know what goes on in there! :D And thank you! :D

From JayDee:

Back to the prompts with a bang! From lithium flux to lithe man fucks... I wondered where you'd go with the title, it's good how you get the meal reference in a couple places without over-laboring it as less talented writers would have done. You even have a sequel hook with dessert :D

Oh, gods, that's fecking brilliant wordplay! I adore you! :rofl: But thank you so much, and I'm glad I didn't overdo the meal references. You're so right, it's easy to get ham-handed and I re-read more times than I can count to try and catch that stuff. And oohh... sequel! ::watches Apollo cringe::

• 2 weeks later...

Review Responses for AFF Monthly Challenge Prompt for September 2011: Harrison Winter

From Melrick:

An interesting twist on the old haunted house story. I've always wanted to write my own, and I will one day! Good use of the word prompts, too. Good job!

I'm the one who should be thanking you for setting up the monthly prompts! The various prompts were fun, and I really enjoyed working them all into the one submission. The haunted house story, well, let's just say I had a wildly misspent youth when it came to my reading choices. :D

From JayDee:

That's an awesome ending. I'm not biased or anything. Good build up too, introducing the Harrison character and showing his confusion at her. Heh. Playing with fire

Thank you! I managed to avoid both elves and slash for once, and wound up with a succubus and a dead guy. Funny how that works out... :rofl:

• 6 months later...

Review Responses for AFF Challenge Prompt Paramecium: Play It Safe

From DemonGoddess:

Love it! Biowarfare! Good use of the word.

Thank you! The science words are fun!

From pittwitch:

WTG Bronx! Love how you hint at so much and give such a complete picture in so few words. :D

Thank you! I always hope I'll manage that half as well as you do!

From Apollo:

I'm getting more and more intrigued with this sci-fi world of yours Bronxie... When you start editing the Nano?

Thank you! I'm working on the first draft currently, and then I get to rip it apart and rewrite... O.o

Edited by BronxWench

Review Responses for AFF Challenge Prompt Diatom: Missing

From Danyealle-sama:

ohhh, I liked it, BW! Very well written and good use of an evil word. As always with your stuff, you did an awesome job (and this from the being whose brain melts on sci-fi and outspace stuff)! Two thumbs up from me!

Thank you! I like the evil words... they seem to bring out the odder bits from my brain!

From pittwitch:

Wonderful! So much story contained in a small piece, yummy, hot, and the stupid diatom word included. Yes, I called the word stupid. :P I want more. More! You've left so much to continue with ... now, now ... thanks for the tale, Pitt.

Thank you so much! I really do have fun with the strangest things! :D

From Jyet:

Good story, with a surprising amount of characterization given the length. Nice work!

Thank you! I am always in awe of your deft characterizations, so this means a lot! :D

Edited by BronxWench

Review Responses for AFF Challenge Prompt Cell: Compassion

From Apollo:

Poor one! However, I can see us dumb humans doing that kinda thing... OH WAIT, we already do.

I like the use of the Fibonacci series as a universal code that hopefully someone can recognize. I like pondering the idea that this series is found not only in our world, but in others as well.

I will admit hesitancy about the rape code, but it wasn't emphasized or described to a point that would make me uncomfortable :)

Thank you! This was definitely at the edge of my comfort zone as far as the rape, but not everything that happens is comfortable or pleasant, for that matter. But I'm glad my Fibonacci series amused! I get tired of prime numbers... :P

Review Responses for AFF Challenge Prompt Bleeding Heart: Culloch's Rest

From anesor:

Nice setting, sometimes a cane does become so much part of you that you forget it. Hope you plan more.

From pittwitch:

I sense a whole tale about to unfold? Yes? Pretty please?

Thank you! :D I think I will wind up revisiting this little town. It seems like an interesting place and I'm sure all sorts of things will occur.

Review Responses for AFF Challenge Prompt Pansy: Culloch's Rest - Ch 2

From Jyet:

Really liking this so far - such a mysterious air to everything. Great job in creating atmosphere.

Thank you! It's an odd little place, this town, and odd things seem to happen there. Let's hope I can sustain the ride. :D

From anesor:

I'm really enjoying this because how grounded it rings as. Having such an injury from tripping is a case of Murphy's law, isn't it?

Thank you! I'm having fun with this, and yes, Murphy's Law does get its workout at times! :D

From pittwitch:

Delicious! Well done!

Thank you! :D

Edited by BronxWench

• 2 weeks later...

Review Responses for AFF Challenge Prompt Tulip: Culloch's Rest - Ch 3

From anesor:

Oops, clumsiness happens at the worst of times. At least he's grounded again. Nice.

That's one way to put it! :lol: Thank you! :D

• 2 months later...

Review Responses for AFF Challenge Prompt Lily: Culloch's Rest - Ch 6

From pittwitch:

Ack! Did not expect the last. So very captivated by this tale, the concepts, the fey and the between. Brilliant, Bronx, brilliant!

Thank you so much! I'm glad my take on the fey is working for you! :D

Review Responses for AFF Challenge Prompt Bikini: Culloch's Rest - Ch 7

From pittwitch:

Oh my, yes, however will he get home? Enchanting!

Thank you! :D And getting home is never an easy thing...

• 2 weeks later...

Review responses for AFF Challenge Prompt Journey: Culloch's Rest Chapter 8

From pittwitch:

What a marvelous journey you have made this story thus far! I love the interaction between the three characters in this chapter and the evil (Red - dunno why I think of her as red) Queen lurking, ever lurking. I love this, Bronxie. Love it!

:blush: Given how well you write in this genre, I'm taking this as a huge compliment. I have to admit, I'm enjoying writing it as well, and I'm glad you like my little tale. :D

Edited by BronxWench

• 3 weeks later...

Review responses for AFF Challenge Prompt Journey: Culloch's Rest Chapter 9

From pittwitch:

I just adore how this is progressing. You've captured the alternate reality with great style and clarity. Pure genius. :D

Thank you! It's always a challenge to try and get what's in my head down in one thousand words or less, but I'm happy that it seems to be working!

Review responses for AFF Challenge Prompt Journey: Culloch's Rest Chapter 10

From pittwitch:

Most eloquent use of the prompt word, very descriptive. As more is revealed, more becomes hidden. Intriguing tale, love!

And thank you again! It's a strange world that's unfolding, and the fey never tell what they know, nor are they kind.

Review responses for AFF Challenge Prompt Journey: Culloch's Rest Chapter 11

From pittwitch:

Absolutely delicious way to describe the sensations ... mmm watermelon at dusk. Yes, yes, I'd like some too.

Once more, thank you! You're my most faithful reviewer, and believe me, it's appreciated. :D

Edited by BronxWench

Review responses for AFF Challenge Prompt Barbeque: Hazardous Duty

From pittwitch:

Now that is one helluva barbecue story. Awesome sauce, lol. :D I like them. I really, really do!

:D I'm fond of Sam and Mori myself. They do manage to get themselves in the thick of it, don't they? And thank you!

From Anise:

What a fun story and even though you're just plunked into their universe with no explanation I had no trouble following along or understanding what was happening :) I also loved the pairing both of them were quite the characters :) It was a great little oneshot, I really enjoyed reading it.^^

Thank you! I'm glad I managed not to make my setting confusing, since it's part of a larger work that's still in draft stages. There are always those outtakes, and this pair is known for antics... :D

From Techno-Ninja:

Delicious ribs, and delicious slash. Very nice work, BW. :3

Thank you! I will admit to thinking about M*A*S*H* and Hawkeye Pierce as I wrote it... :D

Edited by BronxWench

Review responses for AFF Challenge Prompt Journey: Culloch's Rest Chapter 12

From pittwitch:

I am completely intrigued, especially as more is revealed about our author's muse, and now the Cheile - interesting word choice, love. :D

Thank you! I have to admit that I couldn't resist the double meaning there, since both apply equally to him. Of course, you're probably the only one who'd notice, I think! :D Still, it's fun to play with words.

Edited by BronxWench

I may not have had to google the word, but I'm certain there are others who recognize the brilliance in your choice of words ... how so much can be conveyed in just one word, the perfect word, and that my dear, is why I so enjoy reading your work. Why use a 4,000 word exposition when one word suffices to create the atmosphere needed. Just divine, divine I say!

• 1 month later...

Review Responses to Culloch's Rest - Chapter 15:

pittwitch 2012-10-16 id # 3000198779 Oh my, a King amongst the Fey? Fascinating!

Thank you! :D The games played among the fey get downright nasty, don't they?

• 4 months later...

pittwitch 2013-03-09 id # 3000204230 Beautiful! I love the way this is expanding, the characters so rich and mesmerizing!

Thanks for sharing,

PQ

Thank you! Politics among the fey is treacherous at best, but he's learning!

Edited by BronxWench

Anesor 2013-03-09 id # 3000204244 I really kind of felt sorry for the fey lord, it kind of looks like he's a much in over his head as the human.

Thank you! :D And yes, he's as much a pawn thus far, isn't he? It's a brutal business...

Anesor 2013-03-12 id # 3000204388 I think that was a puzzle piece... quick poke it and make sure. :D

Thank you! :D There are many puzzle pieces when dealing with the fey, aren't there? It's always a bad sign when the neutral parties start picking sides...

Anesor 2013-03-12 id # 3000204389 (re: sunflowers)

Duibhin has seriously grown on me. I admit I'm trying to remember some way for a good outcome for him, given the cruelties of the courts...

And thank you again! :D Duibhin is pure fey, and I think while Paul may never truly understand him, he's also growing to trust him and see him as a friend and ally, a rare thing indeed.

anesor 2013-03-13 id # 3000204477 Hoarfrost:

I find myself fascinated with the disappearing facial scars and wondering what the last one will mean/do.

And thank you again! :D Oh, those do have significance, but I'd hate to tip my hand just yet. :D

• 5 weeks later...
pittwitch 2013-04-11 id # 3000205795 physically made me shudder. No greater praise than the fact that you elicited a true physical reaction in a reader. Well done. Well written. Well crafted.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, my dear Witch.

• 2 weeks later...
pittwitch 2013-04-19 id # 3000206169 Oh Bronx, what a marvelous tale is unfolding, so deep and rich -- not at all carefree. Excellent.

Thank you, my Witch! Coming from you, that is high praise! :D

Anesor 2013-04-20 id # 3000206190 I like how the color and staging of the cherry color is such a symbol, and well so. The ending was somehow a surprise even if it was inevitable as a leaf fall.

Thank you! :D It took a bit of doing to wrangle the fey into playing on this one. Once they decided to play nicely, though, they were very, very nice!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.