Click Here!

Are We Friends Yet?....

StoryJunkie

Um...I've been using this forum since about it began and FoeoftheLance invited me here to begin with to talk about Serenity of all people. That was ... wow...way over a year ago now. I guess I'm just posting this as a whim, but hey, I think I interact with you guys more often than with family members, and it just struck me as...hm..well, I just had to ask. Too weird, huh?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

I tend to think of the people here as more family then my own blood. Given, the people I share blood with tend to be insane/apathetic/violent/alcoholic so yeah...

At least the crazy here is of the fun variety and not the "flee" variety. wink.gif

I'm pretty sure its safe to think of us as friends SJ. Well except for Trae, he's up to something.

At least, that's how I regard this forum. You guys are my on-line family of sorts. wub.gif Then again, I don't have issues with incest wink.gif.

Well that gives me a different take on the orgy...

Guest echtrae
I'm pretty sure its safe to think of us as friends SJ. Well except for Trae, he's up to something.

What exactly do you think I'm up to? huh.gif

Friends? I would agree with that. This group has that close-knit camaraderie feel to it.

Guest Serenanna

Awwwww! I love yous guys too! Group hug! Group hug! hug.gif

(the spelling of yous was intentional)

Ok, more seriously. Yes, if you consider us your friends, then we're probably you're friends. I've spent enough time in online communities to know you can make friends in even the weirdest places. I probably have met more people here and on the one game I play, and keep in contact with them, more than I do with my friends from four years of college. If it wasn't for the net, I'd never know Hiei, Oishii . . . so, there. Yup, we're friends SJ. My IM and e-mail is always open you to or anyone else on the forums. wink.gif

Sere

Guest Adara
Well as tech guy you're like Jafar to DarkAvenger's Sultan. Circular logic proves you're up to no good.

If that's so, then who's Iago? "Polly want a cracker?" tongue.gif

Seriously, I consider you guys close friends. I share far more interests with the lot of ya, than I do with most people I've met in my 24 years of life! smile.gif

You're all intelligent and very interesting people. I also think that BECAUSE we talk to each other over the Internet, we're far closer than if we'd met in person.

Not to mention I can't use smilies in person. So, in light of that...

wub.gifdevil.gifbounce.gifcheers.gifpoke.gifgossip.gifyahoo.gif

If that's so, then who's Iago?  "Polly want a cracker?"  tongue.gif 

Sure, I'll be the parrot. Poly's always the freakin' parrot! wink.gif

Not to mention I can't use smilies in person. 

Yeah, I've tried, but they don't work out as well. If you try ph34r.gif , especially if you're at the bank, you will likely spend the rest of the afternoon at the police station. And they'll confiscate your ski mask, and good luck getting that back before the trial.

laugh.gif

Are we friends? Of course we are! In my offline world, I don't have any friends who are writers, and only a few friends who like the books and movies that I do. Here, everyone is a writer, or a lover of something creative.

In real life, when I interact with a person who has obviously been swallowing the Listerine for all these years, I take comfort from the fact that I know all the people here. I've never met such a large group of highly creative, wonderfully funny, and intelligent people. I’m proud to consider everyone here my friends.

Unless of course (sad.gif) you don’t like me (crying.gif).

laugh.gif

I don't get attached to people on forums, I'm usually banned between 3 minutes (if the goatse pic was still around, that would be true even now) and 2 years. Look in my sig for my wall of shame for those morons. I brought good traffic to those sites because I'm like a crack addict on mic only I'm a crack addict on the computer. We're all different, to each our own.

I dunno. I figure if the world ends, I'll look for you in the rubble.

And E. yeah, I hear E is supposed to be wack to use for writing if your muse leaves for the coast.

*gets out chemistry set*...remembers the shrooms. well, shrooms are pretty wack as well.

Guest Big Samurai

If DA's the Sultan, 'Trae's Jafar, and Poly's Iago, that means I'm the little dude at the beginning of the film who sells broken shit, which is cool. (And where's our Jasmine?)

We're a family, yes ... in the Addams Family way, I suspect. The AFF-ables are a fun bunch, and this is one of my favorite forums to visit.

cool.gif

We're a family, yes ... in the Addams Family way, I suspect.  The AFF-ables are a fun bunch, and this is one of my favorite forums to visit.

cool.gif

Ooh, can I be Morticia? laugh.gif Whether considered as family or friends, there's definitely a spirit of camaraderie. Kind of like bohemian artists, except our community is cyberspace and the AFF forum is our cafe.

We're a family, yes ... in the Addams Family way, I suspect. The AFF-ables are a fun bunch, and this is one of my favorite forums to visit.

Well then since it's the Addam's Family I soo get to be Lurch! I'm taller than about 80 percent of the people I know and I'm the quiet type who always answers the damn door!

I wanna be Jasmine! I look like a gypsy, and one of my friends named her daughter Jasmine after me because she kept pronouncing my name that way (even though that's not my name). The jasmine also happens to be one of my favorite flowers because it has a nice scent and it's a night-bloomer. If I can't be Jasmine, Genie is my second choice. Iago happens to be one of my favorite characters because of his sarcasm.

I don't know which member of the Addams family I want to be. Cousin Itt, perhaps? I nominate red to be Uncle Fester because of all the crazy scientific experiments he probably performs.

I kinda feel the love :3 You know you're among friends when you can go on rambling about crap, that other people look at you as though you belong in a aslyum, and not feel bad or shamed about it.

I think the only other forum I felt such love was Yaoi No Hentai waaaay back in the early/middle 90s...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.