Click Here!

Other people's FF7 yaoi

Iggy_lovechild

Can anyone please, please direct me to a website...community...author...anywhere that has good, non-cliched RenoxCloud, RufusxReno fics? Am I chasing a dream?

-I'm tired of uke/seme bullshit

-I'm tired of abusive relationships and rape

-I'm tired of cheap, meaningless sex

Tell me I'm not alone! Help me find like-minded readers. Anyone?

In all honesty, the only love stories I've read with Reno/Cloud has been from you and Sterling. The only Reno/Rufus stories, again, were from you. I think it's hard to pull off, and that's why there aren't a lot out there.

I love meaningless sex stories. lol. Squishy's stories are a nice example of that. I am guilty of writing meaningless sex stories myself, and the only love stories I've written have been Het, and my Sephiroth/Cloud fic.

I know this wasn't a help, but I'll keep a look out for you. thumbsup.gif

Guest Big Samurai

You mean that, with all the fans of Reno yaoi here at AFF, you couldn't find anything? Yikes. That must be a little discouraging.

sad.gif

Well, some might accuse me of being entirely too picky, but yeah, it's discouraging. There's a lot of OOC bullshit to deal with and once you've read a couple pwps, you've prolly read them all (*chuckles* I seriously don't mind pwp, but I'm starting to get a little weary of it all the time. Maybe I'm just getting old...).

You mean that, with all the fans of Reno yaoi here at AFF, you couldn't find anything?  Yikes.  That must be a little discouraging.

sad.gif

I may be making too broad a generalisation here, but... I rather suspect that the majority of Final Fantasy 7 fans that write fanfic on this site are...

Well...

Rabid yaoi fangirls.

Of the obsessive, creepy kind.

So it's not that surprising there's so much crap out there.

*waves arms*

Um, hello? I write some Reno/Cloud fics! Oh! You should read this one:Conversations on the Phone

It's set pre-game, before Last Order when Cloud was still a cadet at Shinra  smile.gif

unsure.gif I had no idea! I've searched both parts of the FF7 section. I might've skipped it because I generally avoid fics involving Cloud so...um, young.

I may be making too broad a generalisation here, but... I rather suspect that the majority of Final Fantasy 7 fans that write fanfic on this site are...

Well...

Rabid yaoi fangirls.

You're not generalizing at all. *points at current nametag* I wish that were more of a joke than it really was.

Seriously though, while I've found a few good fics on AFF, the bad severely outweighs the good. Ah well, I guess that's why I tend to write so much. It's partially a matter of an author trying to placate their own desires. Sadly, it's just not the same.

Well...

Rabid yaoi fangirls.

Odd question: Don't you have to be a little rabid to write fanfiction? (note that not all of us are of the "obsessive, creepy kind", just a vast majority wink.gif ), or else doesn't the love for the characters just kinda go... blah? unsure.gif

Odd question: Don't you have to be a little rabid to write fanfiction? (note that not all of us are of the "obsessive, creepy kind", just a vast majority wink.gif ), or else doesn't the love for the characters just kinda go... blah? unsure.gif

Yeah, but there's a minute difference between just being weird and frothing at the brain.

I mean, sure, I'm a staunch defender of Jill/Lethe, but I don't flip out when someone suggests they could also be romantically involved with someone else. Or something.

Yeah, but there's a minute difference between just being weird and frothing at the brain.

laugh.gif I'll keep the "frothing at the brain" mental image in mind!

In that case, honesty forces me to confess that I totally stole it from a Discworld book.

I'm not quite sure which Discworld book, but I think it was Men At Arms.

Discworld? I've never heard of it before... unsure.gif

Discworld? I've never heard of it before... 

Discworld books are the epitome of dry humor and wonderful one liners. I never pass up a chance to read or re-read one. My favorite has to be "The Hog Father" though. The Oh-God of Hangovers is a must!

Now I haven't exactly written a complete Yaoi fic for FFVII yet, but I think that's because most of the characters hit me as bi-sexual anyway. Give me time and I might come up with something though.

You mean which yaoi couples that we think we see? (God I hope that's what you mean, the dots aren't connecting today)

Sephiroth and Cloud is my main yaoi pairings but, Zack and Cloud are right up there as well (AU or whatever, I don't really care as long as the fic is well written).

Nanaki and Reeve are a good pairing as well X3 Hell, I've got a fic in the works about those two...

Vincent and Zack, or Vincent and Reno, or lastly, Vincent and Cloud just for the sheer kinkines of Vincent (played DoC waaay to many times).

Hojo and Cloud, either pre-game or while Cloud is being a lab rat for the man, just for the hell of it.

Oh! Lastly, Human!Nanaki and Vincent is also a really good pairing... sadly I can't find most of these pairings listed above so I end up writing them dry.gif

And don't even get me started about my Chocobo/Cloud fic that needs to be finished, I have a feeling I'm gonna rot in hell for that one >_<

You mean which yaoi couples that we think we see? (God I hope that's what you mean, the dots aren't connecting today)

Sephiroth and Cloud is my main yaoi pairings but, Zack and Cloud are right up there as well (AU or whatever, I don't really care as long as the fic is well written).

Nanaki and Reeve are a good pairing as well X3 Hell, I've got a fic in the works about those two...

Vincent and Zack, or Vincent and Reno, or lastly, Vincent and Cloud just for the sheer kinkines of Vincent (played DoC waaay to many times).

Hojo and Cloud, either pre-game or while Cloud is being a lab rat for the man, just for the hell of it.

Oh! Lastly, Human!Nanaki and Vincent is also a really good pairing... sadly I can't find most of these pairings listed above so I end up writing them  dry.gif

And don't even get me started about my Chocobo/Cloud fic that needs to be finished, I have a feeling I'm gonna rot in hell for that one >_<

Chocobo/Cloud? Do I even want to know? laugh.gif Have you written a Sephiroth/Cloud fic? If you have I guess I'll check it out. Love that pair myself. I wrote one that I am very proud of. thumbsup.gif

Chocobo/Cloud? Do I even want to know? laugh.gif Have you written a Sephiroth/Cloud fic? If you have I guess I'll check it out. Love that pair myself. I wrote one that I am very proud of. thumbsup.gif

Chocobo/Cloud... better not until I actually finish the fic which will then be posted only on AFF XD

I have a total of 16 fics for FFVII, 8 of which are mostly centered on Seph and Cloud (Zack pops up in about 3 of them, I think). Early Mornings and All I Want for Christmas... are good S/C stories (if you can stand Cloud to be stuttering madly in AIWfC though).

*coughs* And that's enough pimping on my part ph34r.gif

I'd also really like to find VincentxTseng, but I'm a little afraid that one only exists in my head.

Nothing is impossible if it lives in inside the mind of one being!

On the topic of Vincent and Tseng, I always thought they were father and son >_>;

• 1 year later...

Shameless plug here

I too am a big RenoXRufus Fan

http://ff.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600081566

This is the story Im currently working on for them

I dont think it is cliche or anything like that- I try to avoid all the

things you listed that you didnt want in a RnR story.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on it if you are still looking.

:blinks: Umm...I don't think Vincent is Tseng's father....

...though I suppose it's not without possibility....

Vincent's lover(can't remember her name now) was about the same age as Tseng, so I think that one is without possibility. You can't become pregnant at 6 months old. :devil: I think ZombieDuke was confusing Tseng with Sephiroth.

• 6 months later...
Can anyone please, please direct me to a website...community...author...anywhere that has good, non-cliched RenoxCloud, RufusxReno fics? Am I chasing a dream?

I'm not certain what you consider cliche and what you don't, but I rather enjoyed Xenobia's FF7 Reno et al. arc here on AFF. Thanks for the memories starts pre-game from Reno's POV and details his life before and with the Turks and through the game(s) (as well as his personal relations with Rufus, Rude, and Tseng). Following that story, there are a few short pieces where Cloud and Reno (and Rufus) have meaningless sex but it eventually develops into a more serious relationship between Cloud and Reno in Guardian and Alliance. Zack eventually makes an appearance.

Personally, I think Xenobia did a good job with the arc--the writing is pretty damn good and the story is interesting. The whole love-orgy thing might have you raising an eyebrow if you think about it too hard, but otherwise it's pretty freaking awesome.

Other than that, I haven't read much quality Reno/Cloud. As time goes by (and I get older) I'm less and less impressed with the Cloud/Seph pairing and more interested in the characters that tend to get left out of the spotlight. Since I'm an English major, I'm rather critical about grammar, spelling, usage, and most importantly story and character development which unfortunately tends to leave me few stories I actually find worth reading and even fewer with pairings that I care to read.

Vincent is not Tseng's father. Vincent was madly in love with Lucretia and she hooked herself up with Hojo. Vincent has no known children, though you'll find a decent number of stories writing him as Sephiroth's father, either known to him or not. Edited by Aerawyn

• 5 months later...

Ya could try "Shocking Encounter" I'm pretty new to the scene as far as FF7 but I found this one shot rather funny for some reason. it's a Reno/Rufus

--Yami--

• 1 year later...

-I'm tired of uke/seme bullshit

-I'm tired of abusive relationships and rape

-I'm tired of cheap, meaningless sex

Tell me I'm not alone! Help me find like-minded readers. Anyone?

Have you tried here? --> http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Cleno/26122/

Oh and while we're on the subject of yaoi, anyone got any Genesis x Angeal suggestions up their sleeve?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.