Click Here!

Anyone seen the Anime Lensman?

AngelMeiru

Anyone besides me remeber the 1984 movie "Lensman" or the tv series (which was edited into a movie by Harmony Gold under the title "Power of the Lens")? Seems like I'm the only one whose offering fanworks for this anime. It was really popular in Japan and Latin America, but not so popular in USA.

If anyone seen Lensman and is a fan of it, please reply.

Personally, I found the books kind of boring. It's like Lord of the Rings, it just keeps going on and on and on and on....

BTW, does EVERY based on novel movie have to be faithful to the book? If that were the case, we'd have some very boring ass movies.

Guest Legin
Personally, I found the books kind of boring. It's like Lord of the Rings, it just keeps going on and on and on and on....

BTW, does EVERY based on novel movie have to be faithful to the book? If that were the case, we'd have some very boring ass movies.

Wow, I guess I'm not the only one here who hates Lord of the Rings movies. The thing I hated about it the most were those super gay girly boy characters. They're women with penises for crying out loud. Guys like that piss me off.

BTW, I remember watching Lensman when I was little. It was my favorite anime show of all time. Just wondering, can you get around to writting a super gory torture fic based off the anime? Yeah, because I want to see Lord Helmuth be victorious for once.

Wow, I guess I'm not the only one here who hates Lord of the Rings movies. The thing I hated about it the most were those super gay girly boy characters. They're women with penises for crying out loud. Guys like that piss me off.

BTW, I remember watching Lensman when I was little. It was my favorite anime show of all time. Just wondering, can you get around to writting a super gory torture fic based off the anime? Yeah, because I want to see Lord Helmuth be victorious for once.

Wow, I've been thinking the same thing too. After I'm done with my fanfic projects, I'm going to write a Kim Kinnison torture story.

I agree with you on that, I just find the anime undersells the competence of the Lensman and it ignores the fact that they beat the Eddorians upper echelons by tossing superluminal antimatter planets at them and Kim's kids are completely ignored.

LENSMAN!!!!!!! *waves around ancient VHS tape*

I've still got my copy! Granted it's been dubbed into english, but it's still a pretty anime! biggrin.gif

After watching it, I only have the one tape (where the kid is flying around space and gets his Lensmen and meets the giant vulture dude), but I always wanted one of those damn Lenses in my hand...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.