Click Here!

Signature pictures

Squallfan

I've noticed that when I've tried to change my sig pictures, that pictures I have used before are considered too big now.

Did the size allowed recently change? It's no big deal, except I've noticed that other members have bigger pictures than I'm allowed to have.

Why the change all of the sudden?

Here's the picture I was trying to put on, but it's too big. I used to have pictures on here way larger than this....

squallguy1.jpg

Good move. Never liked sig pictures myself, they distract and make a mess of the forum look. I advocate short sigs instead.

Bigger sigs = more bandwidth usage & download time

More bandwidth usage & download time = more power consumption

More power consumption = more pollution.

Save the earth! Use shorter sigs. wink.gif

The new size limits were enacted after five months of discussion by the Mod/Admin/Tech team, which was prompted by several complaints we received about exceedingly large images in some Members' signatures.

The current size limits for image(s) in signatures are as follows:

• Junior members - 1 pic, 150x300 max.
  • Members and Artists - 2 pics, 150x300 max.
  • Moderators and Techs - 2 pics, 300x600 max.
  • Admins - no limit.

There is also a limit on how many lines of text you can post.

I would strongly encourage anyone who still has a signature image that violates these limits to modify their signature before the tech team decides to do it for you. devil.gif

You have been warned...

You're not the only one, horrorgal, so please don't feel like it's all your fault. It's not. Really. biggrin.gif

We could've gone around and picked on everyone with really large pictures in their signatures, but we decided it would be more fair if we just set some universal limits.

I recall the first time I came on site, this issue came up and someone then was suggesting that if you have to have a pic in your sig, make sure its short and long rather than tall and narrow. (I forget who it was. The image she used was of an anime girl wielding a sword. She had long dark hair in a ponytail and she wore a blue outfit) (There were pompoms too, I think)

I myself chose to change my sig right after the new change went into effect - and it's a bit hard to find a pic that will fit - as a matter of fact it's almost impossible - but I'm willing to search until I find the right one and I understand the need for it. I think I need to find my Photo Shop software again...

On the topic of signature pics, I keep trying to get rid of my Snape pic but AFF.net won't let me >_< It keeps saying that I have a picture that is too big...

Image shack might be able to resize the pics for you, there are a variety of options...I usually crop them in Adobe, then fiddle around with them at the aforementioned site. Someone here recommended that to me.

Image Shack

What I don't understand are all the options they have. For instance, I have no idea what the difference is between "embedded" and "direct link"

There are nine options:

Thumbnail (150X112)

Websites and email (320X240)

Message Board (640X480)

15" monitor (800X600)

17" monitor (1024X768)

19" monitor (1280X1024)

21" monitor (1600X1200)

Guest DarkAvenger
I myself chose to change my sig right after the new change went into effect - and it's a bit hard to find a pic that will fit - as a matter of fact it's almost impossible - but I'm willing to search until I find the right one and I understand the need for it. I think I need to find my Photo Shop software again...

Simply use Paint or Photoshop or any image editing program (there are free ones out there and Paint comes with any standard Windows install) and resize any image you want to put in your signature!

That's how all of us do it. Otherwise finding a pic exactly those sizes or smaller would be... well, like you said, near impossible!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.