Click Here!

Queensbride review responses and other such things.

Adelphus

Somehow ended up on TV Tropes. Let's see how many I abused in QB:

The Woman Wearing The Queenly Mask (cripes, that's like, the whole story!)

God Save Us from the Queen!

The High Queen

Morality Pet Heh, totally Phi.

Noble Demon

Power of Love

Defrosting the Ice Queen

Winter Royal Lady ....sorta.

She is the King

Royals Who Actually Do Something

Aristocrats Are Evil

Suddenly Suitable Suitor

Edited by Adelphus

I feel.... so incredibly sad right now.

I never thought I'd be sad when I finished this, let alone this sad. It's been so many years... Is this what postpartum depression feels like?

I know I'm supposed to be answering reviews right now, but I'm just too sad. I feel like it'll be the last time I'll be talking to some of you. Soon 'QB' will sink below so many new and newly updated stories... gone...

I have no idea how to sell a book.

I dunno. I'm just... I never thought I'd ever really finish it.

To anyone tempted to do fanart/fic someday, please do. It would make me happy.

Edited by Adelphus

Navs here. Although Queensbride won't be on the top of the femslash fiction updated list, it takes the cake for best story in the category. I haven't been so into a story here since Therapy/Trauma. Actually, thats a lie. The captivation I had for those stories couldn't hold a candle next to Queensbride.

I just want to say that in all honesty, this will be the story I go to if I want to read something great. I will probably reread this over and over again, until I have it memorized by heart, because it's that amazing.

You won't lose your readers, at least, you won't lose this one. Like how Sidja has at least one small soul that loves her, you've at least one small person who will remain a faithful reader, even if you don't release any more stories, QB related or not.

And if you do... Well, I think the potential wedding would be nice to see :)

Navs here. Although Queensbride won't be on the top of the femslash fiction updated list, it takes the cake for best story in the category. I haven't been so into a story here since Therapy/Trauma. Actually, thats a lie. The captivation I had for those stories couldn't hold a candle next to Queensbride. I just want to say that in all honesty, this will be the story I go to if I want to read something great. I will probably reread this over and over again, until I have it memorized by heart, because it's that amazing. You won't lose your readers, at least, you won't lose this one. Like how Sidja has at least one small soul that loves her, you've at least one small person who will remain a faithful reader, even if you don't release any more stories, QB related or not. And if you do... Well, I think the potential wedding would be nice to see :)

I just would like to make one correction to this. You won't have one person, but two (as far as i can say) who will remain a faithful reader [and I concur with the wedding statement]. I can't tell you how much more I'm looking forward to reading your stories!

Thanks, guys.

I still feel some sort of fear, like, they're gone from me now that they're out here. A friend of mine told me the same thing happened to her. I'm not sure what's really going on. And yet, even though I fear them gone, the Queen continues to yell at me for thinking too much. She says I'm afraid of happiness because I assume it hides something bad. I want to believe Her, and I should, because She's generally right, but I can't stop myself.

I'll try and do reviews now.

Skyro 2011-10-15

HELL YES!!! GO PHI!!! Oh man alive what a chapter. I was scared at first that Averring was really going to kill her, but Phi is still as cunning as she has always been, still powerful enough to do a fair amount of damage. Though with Averring out of the way, where will the story go, I wonder... in any case, I have to ask that Sidja not get rid of Phi, though I doubt that she would. Even though Phi has been defiled by a man, I think Sidja might be forgiving in this case, since it was never Phi's desire to be so much as touched by that man, let alone defiled by him. She is also a very smart little gal, giving her Queen the chance to kill Averring in whatever method She desire.

Also, thank you for responding to the reviews once again. They were fun to read and the videos you provided were stunning, specially the fire fingers one. Also, sorry to hear that bad news about your domme. Seems like you're recovering well though, so good job on that. Brilliant work on this chapter, and looking forward to more delights in future chapters. Bravo

Well, that domme was my first. Not the one that cut me off recently. Maybe that's part of the reason this hurts. I still have the pain of Lisa, but this also about the same time last year that my first domme died of ovarian cancer. The fall takes everything...

Side note; If I haven't said it already, there was a real Baron Bertie, and he had a real mansion. He turned out to be a psychopath, though, and was one of the main reasons my first domme left me. I'm so tempted to link to his page, but he's a vengeful bastard.

Also, Phi says it was far less 'cunning' and far more 'really pissed off.'

navs 2011-10-15

Jesus Holy Christ.

When I saw there was a new chapter I got so excited- but now I can say I honestly feel terrified. Good job, a great writer can always make their readers feel.

Nothing good can last forever. I thought Averring would out the Queen's sexual habits somehow, but hes so much more of a threat than he seemed to be. Arrogance, rape, intended murder... Phi should've bit his bits off.

But Phi. My God, Phi. I'm scared of what will happen to her- emotionally, she's been wrecked. Physically, partially destroyed. But she intends to kill herself... I can only hope that the Queen or someone will find her and stop her. I'm glad she's telling Sidja she loves her, but I thought it would come differently.

Amazing, terrifying, heartbreaking job. If you keep us hanging, I will die.

Well, by now you have your answer, but I'm glad Averring stayed somewhat under the radar on what he was capable of.

Saige 2011-10-15

One: I am going to kill Reginald. But I am not just going to kill him. I'm going to make him suffer. I will be the fear that keeps him awake, the shadows on the wall, the monsters they become and the nightmare in his skull. Every thing that I am, dark and evil as I am, will be the embodiment of his torture. Reginald will pay, not only for defiling that which he is not allowed to touch, but for daring to even think those things about Her Majesty. His death will not be quick, his pain more monumental than the most indiscriminate torture that one can think of. His lands, his people, his own foolish pride shall crumble beneath the terror and destruction of the 'Hand of Death' herself.

Two: Phi is not going to die. I forbid it. I hold her as dear to me a my own flesh and blood. I will not allow her death and as I control death, that's saying something.

Three: REGINALD WILL DIE! Slowly and painfully (I don't know how much more I can stress that point)

I really need to get another chapter soon though. I've missed seeing you up there.

Seriously, you have to listen to

then imagine him reading your posts. It's awesome.

Okay, I'll be back. I'm going to work through this slowly and carefully.

If it helps at all, I'm seriously planning on writing QB fanfiction once I have the spare time to do so. Of course I'm afraid to anger the Queen and Phi, lest I portray them wrong, so I don't know what they'll think of it....

Okay, still have to psyche myself up to answer Psyconaught_omega's review, because it was hard core. meanwhile;

If it helps at all, I'm seriously planning on writing QB fanfiction once I have the spare time to do so. Of course I'm afraid to anger the Queen and Phi, lest I portray them wrong, so I don't know what they'll think of it....

It does help so much. So long as it isn't Averring/anyone.;-p

And you know what?

Maybe it doesn't have to be over. They continued their lives after that. There's definitely more story afterwords. It just doesn't follow a clean arc like the first part. I'm not sure how to make a beginning, middle, end, but the Queen has been prodding me. I have to think about this...

Okay, so more reviews:

paint 2011-10-16

I really cant figure out why i love this story so much but I've been reading a couple of chapters a night and thinking about it a lot during the day and now i am caught up. Phi cant die come one preferably the Queen needs to come find her, it seems the Queen would want to know why Phi is taking so long on the tea anyways. Also I'm sure the Queen has a much more interesting way to kill averring then how Phi just about did. love your writing love your characters new chapter please.

Hearing that you thought about it during the day makes me happy. I'm hoping this is one of those kinds of books that are more fun the second time around. As for exactly how Averring will die is still being debated.

navs 2011-10-16

YES.

YES YES YES YES YES.

Im giddy over just how much I love the last two chapters. Positively over the moon. I was worried, but anxiety lessened as I saw you put down that Queensbride fits the Power of Love trope. Tipped me off there.

Dang!

Well. You definitely took me along on an amazing ride. The writing in itself is marvelous, the plot and characters amazing... Just... Gah. I really do want to do Queensbride fiction now, but I Dont think I could do Sidja and Phi justice.

Speaking of justice, Averring's end... Wonderful. Sounds cruel, but it honestly is wonderful. Bastard deserved to be castrated. I also liked the little reveal, with Phi disguised, leading to his humiliation and death sentence. Im also quite happy with him getting slapped in the face, it's time he was reprimanded for not showing proper respect to the Queen.

And now we know why the story is called Queensbride. I thought it was going to be metaphorical, but now to see that Phi will actually marry her Queen... See my above YES-ses.

Dhsudjsgeah. All in all, amazing job. Definitely Dont leave us yettt, theres so much more I want to see- reactions of the court, a possible marriage ceremony, the aftermath... coughphiandtheQueengettingitonafterconfessingtheirlovecough... Just so much more I would absolutely love to see from you.

And as for publishing, when, not if, When it gets published, I swear I would by two copies. Just because thats how much I love it.

Yeay!! I'm lurching ever so slowly forward on the idea of writing more. It wasn't the plan, but the Queen says only fools truly live by a plan. Still, I don't want to ruin what I already did...

Skyro 2011-10-16

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! As sad as I am that the story has come to an end, it has come to the best possible end that it could reach. I am so happy to see that Sidja has finally admitted Her feelings, that Phi was finally able to speak her heart, that Averring is going to be six feet under and that the all appears well in the world. The chapter before the final was lovely and a little scary, but I knew Sidja would never let Phi jump and never let her die.

You are such a wonderful writer Adelphus and I know somehow, you're gonna get this published. But it will take a little while, depending on what projects you undertake. I look forward to seeing more of your work and applaud you for writing such a wonderful story with such a wonderful ending. Bravo good sir/madam, bravo!

Thank you so much! You've been such a force for me through this whole thing, and I don't think I could have done it without you.

haunted 2011-10-16

Naw!! That was so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing this with us all. And for castrating Averring.

Thanks! And he ain't dead yet... Sidja put me back to work.

SexyLizard seamanalexander@yahoo.com 2011-10-17

So the story is really over then?

I thought it was, but the Queen had other plans.

JadeDealer 2011-10-18

I rarely review stories but now that this story has come to an end, I would like to say that this is wonderful and a very interesting story to read. but what occurs me is what kind of execution Averring is going go have. My imagination says it's gonna be cruel and ruthless. I am sad that this story has an end but I am happy as well as far as Character development is involved. I sure hope there would be a sequel for the story. There's nothing wrong in hoping right? XD and If you do, I will be waiting for it :D

Cheers, mate! I'm always honoured when people who say they never review review mine.

Odile x-bleed-x-like-x-me-x@hotmail.co.uk 2011-10-18

Genuinely loved this story, from start to finish. Brilliant work!

Thanks, mate!

Dark Delta 2011-10-19

I leave and come back to see this, all these chapters and the end. I'm baffled and a huge mixture of feelings. I love it yet I feel you could dragged this out much more. Don't get me wrong I must clarify what ever you chose to write and how to write it is great. As an avid reader and providing good criticism job well done as a crazy squealing maniac fan I'm just sad to see it end hence I mention you could kept it going adding another twist here and there and dragging out 'Reginald' demise. Anyways I hope you continue to write and share with us your work and good luck with the publishing. I bid the Queen farewell, and to you my fair lady I must bow at your excellent work.

I'm blaming this sequel entirely on my readers.

The Queen: And?

And You, of course.

TQ: Of course.

<3

Guest Psyconaught_Omega

*Bows*

Why thank you Adelphus; I shall be eagerly awaiting your reply with baited breath and much anticipation. Furthermore, if you are planning on writing a sequel then I shall keep an eye out for it; I find that I simply cannot get enough of these two.

*Bows*

Why thank you Adelphus; I shall be eagerly awaiting your reply with baited breath and much anticipation. Furthermore, if you are planning on writing a sequel then I shall keep an eye out for it; I find that I simply cannot get enough of these two.

It's already begun. AHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

I just picked up where the last chapt left off in the same file, so I guess it's less a sequel and more a continuation. While I have you here;

Psyconaught_omega Psyconaught_omega@yahoo.com 2011-10-16

To Adelphus - Words fail me at how utterly enthralled I have been by your masterfully woven tale of Phi and Sidja. It was such a touching, heartfelt story of pain and trauma, of renewal and rebirth, and of the indomitable power of the human spirit. Phi was absolutely amazing, so small and fragile, yet at the same time more powerful and empowered.

Phi is glad you noticed.

Sidja was cruel and dark, yet caring and hurt.

Phi is glad you noticed this too.

Layer upon layer made up these two powerful yet utterly contrasted characters; two women who have both suffered much and who together managed to heal the wounds of their past that each on their own were incapable of overcoming. This is the first time that I have ever written a review of fan-fiction, here or anywhere else, but I have been so utterly touched and moved by this story that I feel that anything less of an honest review would be a crime not only against you as an author, but against Phi and Sidja as the wonderfully written characters that they are. I have been reading with great interest from the publishing of the very first chapter here on AdultFanfiction.net, and it is with great shame that I must admit to having not given you the praise that you and your stars so deserved all along. I shall be eagerly awaiting any future tales you might have, especially those concerning the queens Phi and Sidja, and should your writings ever be published I shall make sure to add them to my library.

Aw hell, I have no idea how to answer any of that! :blush:

To Sidja - Sidja, you truly are an amazing woman and a queen with much potential. It fills me with joy to see you finally achieve that which you have so rightfully deserved for so long. No matter how you might see yourself, and no matter what others may say, always know that your wonderful. Phi is entirely correct in that you are in no way an evil or horrid person. Know that were I a citizen of your kingdom that I would gladly lay my life and my sword on the line for the great queens of the north. It would be nothing less than an honor to serve so great and progressive a queen as you Sidja, for what you and Phi have is truly worth fighting for. May the fates smile upon you and your love for all eternity.

The Queen has no idea how to answer this either except to mutter, "Now everyone calls Me 'Sidja'."

To Phi - Phi, you are a testament to the unbreakable will and indomitable spirit of humanity; to have come from such pain and suffering, such trepidation and abuse from the world around you, and to emerge proud, strong, and unafraid to express your true self is truly remarkable. Know always that you are not merely valuable, but are in fact priceless; there is only one miracle known as Phi, and there shall never be another such as you. Know that it was you who brought the great White Queen of the North such joy, and that it was you who has freed her from her painful past and opened wide the doors of your combined futures. Your courage and bravery are as great as any warrior's, and your compassion as limitless as the widest ocean. You shall truly make a great queen Phi, and just as I would gladly kneel before your majestic and powerful Sidja, so to will I kneel before the spirited, unbreakable little queen who stands by her side.

And Phi says " :blink: "

We all just read this over and over, trying to think of dramatic things to say in response, but usually we just end up with :blink: :bounce: :wub::cry::jaw::throwup::twirl::smileytriangle: and then crying.

If that makes any sense.

Guest Psyconaught_omega

*Chuckles*

It makes perfect sense Adelphus; I felt similarly myself when one of my characters on a site for collaborative Star wars fanfiction was given an award for the best Sith. If I may so bold as to address her Majesty directly, I would very much be interested in assisting in the punishment of Averring for his actions. I can assure you, as a writer of collaborative fan-fiction and villains especially, that I can be quite...creative in my work...

*Grins darkly, his eyes glinting malevolently*

And do not worry, I do not believe in killing those who have earned my wrath; if they wished for the merciful grasp of Death then they ought to have taken that into their own hands before I received custody of them.

:bat:

No, no Sidja, wait-

The Queen: "Why yes, that would be lovely of you. Not that I ever commanded such a thing, of course."

Dang... Well, She said you could, rather, implied that you could. :-P

Phi got best character once in our MySpace Narnia roleplay, back when the White Queen was the White Witch. It really gave her a sense of validity.

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, I should note that the 'Hand of Death' is actually a character of mine who enjoys tormenting those who deserve it. So much so that most people tend to call her evil (and there is a story behind the whole 'hand of death' thing btw). I could say more, but I don't wanna. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Oh hey, love! Funny you should mention it, because I'm getting ready to write again. I've been getting all the other projects I was working on out of the way so I could finish one BIG project, then get back to QB (so many projects, I have. Also, need to answer reviews.)

Edited by Adelphus

Review comments! Finally!

0xymoron implant1 2011-10-19

I was going to write a review for at least two weeks but was to lazy. I thought that I had a lot of time before the story would be finished, but turns out that I was wrong. So I'm writing my review now. The story is just brilliant; it's fantastic. I think that this is the first high-quality femm slash that I've ever read. It's actually better than most of published slash romance books I've read! I love the plot and the heroines. I also appreciate the speed of publishing - there was never a long waiting for the new chapter. I hope that you will write something more about Phi and her Queen :-).

Hey love, don't know if you or any of the commentors below will ever see this, because I too can be lazy, but cheers. The speed of the publishing had more to do with the fact that QB was already finished when I started posting it here. It just needed to be edited. Editing is hard and I needed the carrot-on-a-string that reviews can be.

Skyro 2011-10-19

Oh ho!! So it's not over. Sidja is quite a crafty soul, pushing you to write more and more of Her incredible tales. This is a short chapter, but I think if it was longer than it would seem like there was just too much being detailed, overstuffed chapter. Also, thank you for the kind words in the reviews review. I'm glad to be some kind of support, specially to such a good writer.

:-)

It seems like Sidja might keep cracking the whip, not literally though, and making you write Adelphus.

Sometimes literally, but She usually doesn't have enough room to do it right.

So I'll keep looking for new chapter like I used to and looking forward to what else might happen. By the way, two things. 1. IT'S OVER 9000!!! XD.

Yes!

2. If you are going to continue, it might be better to make the next couple of chapters into a sequal, break it off into an all new thing perhaps.

I know I should, but I want to make sure new people read the first part first.

It seems that now that Sidja is aware of Her own emotions towards Phi, She's going to be terribly jealous and perhaps over-protective of Phi when any woman lays her hands on Phi. So perhaps the new focus will be Sidja terrified that Her fathers "curse" will still end up preventing Her from being in love with Phi and someone will come along and try to steal Phi from Sidja.

Just an idea.

It remains to be seen.

navs 2011-10-20

I should make a real account. There was never any need to, (nor any need to review) before this story came along.

<3

Anyways, I've spent so much time both offline and rereading earlier chapters that I completely missed the fact that a new chapter was added.

Oh Sidja. Your jealousy is, dare I say it, quite amusing and cute. And very irrational, but that kind of talking can get me maimed.

Sidja says: :bat:

I can't wait for when Phi wakes up. And I also can't wait to see exactly what happens to Averring. Methinks that the guards are going to have to teach him a well-deserved lesson... Someone should tell Averring not to drop the soap. Actually, no... leave him in the dark.(/end obligation to make bad prison joke)

Psyconaught_omega and Saige offered to collaborate on that. The Queen hopes they do.

Eagerly looking forward to the next chapter! Take as long as you need, one cannot rush art.

and, on a parting note, congratulations.

Queensbride is OVER 9000!!!!!!

Thanks, love! It's slowly inching towards 10,000! Getting the next chapter up has been slow going because the Queen has STILL not settled on what course of action She wants to take.

paint 2011-10-22

YAY it continues i was hoping this would not end so soon umm for me you've probably been working on it forever. I wonder will this female guard become a reoccurring character and be somehow important i think it would be interesting. Also i am glad to see Averring will get everything he deserves once you decided what that should be.

I rarely save something and reread it but this one i am going to have to save somewhere so i can read it time and time again. Your writing is exceptional and i know i will want to revisit it and i am excited to see your still writing.

Thanks, love. I'm eventually going to publish it in book form, but I have another project that needs to be done first so it'll be on here for a while.

earthserpent 2011-10-22

keep going.

:-)

Anyone still following the Queensbride channel? I am writing a chapt, it's just taking forever.

In the meantime, another evil queen trailer!

Mirror, Mirror

Check the castle from the outside! It looks so much like Sidja's! I hope the queen in this one ends up with her servant guy. That would make me happy.

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.