Click Here!

Queensbride review responses and other such things.

Adelphus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Check out AFF's cafepress shop.

I won their contest last year with a painting of Sidja and Phi, so they're on cups and such. All money goes to keeping AFF running.

http://www.cafepress...fiction/7519257

Cheers!

Also, here's a link to my other book in PDF form for navs;

http://www.thesevent...centricity.html

ALSO! Thinking of posting an older fic that my wife and I wrote almost... god, 15 years ago?

It has the original Phi in it, whose name is Kidman. QB is actually an AU of the universe that I write from. Here be a pdf on it if you're interested. It's from my book.:-)

http://www.thesevent...ewrealspace.pdf

Edited by Adelphus

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bubbles

I have a question to ask, would you mind if someone wrote a fan-ficlet with Her Majesty and Phi? I absolutely love your story and the characters are so real. I have reread it so much that it seems the Queen infiltrated my dreams my night and gave me a wonderful idea for a short. I check back all the time to see if you have added more. Please don't tell me its over. Sorry if this rambles I am rather tired.

• 1 month later...

Oh...right.

Damn, what did I write again?

Anyway, Queensbride isn't dead. I'm just focusing attention on my other book.

I'll probably be back to writing it this fall, if not sooner.

Please, please do write a fan fiction! I'm probably too late, aren't I?

If you do, please let me know??

Cheers!

I was learning some European history today, specifically on Monarchs.

Apparently King Louis XIV ruled with absolute power, and played the nobles like puppets, forcing them to play his game if they wanted to benefit at all.

On the other side, Queen Elizabeth I of England was 'the virgin queen'- never married, but brought England amazing prosperity. As well, she was a very independant and physically strong woman, as she enjoyed hunting and other male-affliated past times. She also apparently had quite the temper.

Of course, discussing both of these monarchs immediately brought Sidja to mind, as she seems she'd get along right well with Elizabeth and Louis. But that also bring up a question- how does Sidja treat the nobles in her court? How much power do they hold, and how much power does Sidja hold over them?

Of course, discussing both of these monarchs immediately brought Sidja to mind, as she seems she'd get along right well with Elizabeth and Louis. But that also bring up a question- how does Sidja treat the nobles in her court? How much power do they hold, and how much power does Sidja hold over them?

I am so happy I'm remembering to check this. I wonder if I can subscribe to this thread somehow?

*looks around*

Oh for...it's right there!

:bash:

So to answer your question, I know surprisingly little about anything this story is about except the Queen and Phi themselves, so I was really surprised how similar Sidja is to Elizabeth I. I mean really surprised. She even liked horses!

As for the nobles, it is a delicate dance. Some houses are easy for Her to control, others, not so much. I think She'd prefer to have them all dance for Her, but Her kingdom contains houses with warrior lineage and can't be handled the same as those further South. Priorities are different. North is about pride and strength, South is about reputation and wealth.

It's a fairly new confederation, maybe a hundred years or so, and still shifting.

The Queen wants to set up a Constitutional Monarchy by the end of Her reign to deal with it. It's going slowly.

:-)

Every time I learn a bit more about these Renaissance Monarchs, specifically Elizabeth, my mind immediately thinks of the Queen.

The similarities between them are crazy. They are (or were, in Elizabeth I's case) successful Queens that ruled like Kings. Elizabeth was far more shrewd than the nobility and people initially expected at the beginning of her reign. She used her availability as part of her foreign policy, attracting trading partners and the other countries by tricking them into thinking she was interested in the prospect of marriage. Apparently she was also very tall, slender, fair, and had a fearsome temper.

But the thing that most reminds me of Sidja was her relationship with King Philip II of Spain. Previously married to her sister, the former Queen, Phillip tried to dominate Elizabeth and came onto her.

Of course, I thought of the Queen and Averring.

Elizabeth detested him greatly. Eventually, a conflict arose, and Phillip sent the Spanish Armada to go and fight England. Elizabeth amassed a navy that was smaller, but quicker and fleeter than the Spanish. The English navy won, whooping the Spanish so thoroughly they fled back into Spain with 1/3 of their original fleet.

And the funniet thing is, the English navy sailed into the Capital port of Spain and sank the rest of the armada in the port, right next to Phillip's castle.

Did I mention that Elizabeth led the navy herself?

To me, it sounds like a very Sidja-like thing to do. I think I discovered her historical twin. But what does She have to say on this herself?

Edited by darklighter

The Queen suspects I must have learned all this subconsciously, somehow. It's possible; I do know little bits of this and that, but Sidja is the archetype of my romantic fantasy (and heavily based on Tilda Swinton's version of the White Witch of Narnia). She came to be, and Her circumstance formed around Her to suit Her nature.

I find it, well, insane that She may very well have existed in some form.

Also, EXTREMELY validating! It makes QB incredibly plausible!

I remember reading about Elizabeth I as I was editing and just freaking out all over my wife about it.;-)

I'm trying to figure out where to let the story go from here. Sidj and Phi have been throwing ideas around. Personally I think Phi would rather the story end with 'happily ever after' but the Queen is more ambitious.

I think She just wants more opportunities to showcase Her sexual creativity.

Above all I want it to be plausible. I can't stand premises where I spend the whole time face-palming over stupidity.

Edited by Adelphus

• 3 months later...

*pounce*

I'm so glad you asked!

IT IS DRIVING ME INSANE.

Basically,

cereal.jpg

Are you serious? THIS is the height of BDSM erotica to you people? THIS?? I'll show you, I'll show you all!!!

And so! I have friends that are agents and know people. I found out a week ago whilst complaining about "50 Shades" that they personally know Radclyffe and asked her if she'd look at "QB". She said yes.

spit.jpg

So... now I'm waiting to hear what one of the most respected names in LGBT lit thinks, and if she'll publish it through BSB

Which would be fucking awesome!

My only problem, which we agreed on, is that because both characters are the same sex, it isn't a BDSMy fantasy romance, it's a gay BDSMy fantasy romance. There's nothing about being gay in 'QB'. But whatever. M/M is so insanely popular here that I wonder if people notice the 'gay' aspect.

Have I read '50 Shades'? No. I read little pieces and Phi and the Queen made so many anguished sounds that I had to stop. I'm guessing it wasn't edited at all.

Truth is, I wasn't entirely ready to do the publishing thing with 'QB' yet. I'm (supposed to be) promoting my other book that I published this past Feb. It is exhausting. In fact, so exhausting that I'm looking to pay a publicist to do it for me. Which is also exhausting. I feel really guilty about it.

But then this email from Radclyffe comes and I'm like 'well hell, I'm not passing this up!'

BSB was one of my top two choices when I finished 'QB'... five years ago?

Jeebus!

Anyway, if she does take it, I'll have to take it down here, BUT she has encouraged me to keep the growing sequal. Also, as promised to the AFF gods, I will take out advertising on this site.

I'm still trying to lay out a path for QB2. There's so many to chose from. Hence, QB2 won't look as tight plotwise as it comes up here. QB was in its fifth draft by the time I started putting it up.

Any ideas?

Feel free to place them before the Queen for Her consideration.

Also, cheers for saying hi!

Imma gonna try and scoop up some readers in the promo forum so to possibly get reviews to keep me going during the Great Wait for a Reply from Publisher.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Random Noob

Good luck with publishing. o.o QB's awesome. I'd probably buy it if I ever had a Debit card or the dollar currency, but sadly I don't.

Anyways, cheers to you. d( ^_^)b

-Random Noob (We're always lurking at some far end of a corner)

• 2 weeks later...

Avast! Time to answer reviews....late.

Reviews for Above and Below - A Queensbride vignette

Sky 2012-07-02

Ah, the sequel. Only two little chapters, leaving things completely open. Is everything alright Adelphus? Thanks for bringing more life into this story, though it seems that this is it. Hope you find something just as good to write that won't tug at your heart like Queensbride has. Good work.

Nay, 'tis not the sequel. I'm working on the next chapt o' the sequel inbetween sickness and distraction. I'm going to break off the last few chapts of 'QB' and set up 'QB2: Revenge of the Sidj' (working title) as its own entry.

Soon.

Saige 2012-07-03

I must admit, the moment I saw that name, that blessed name within the 'latest' tab I was most pleased. It has been too long since I have had the pleasure of reading the exploits of my favourite queen and her handmaiden. Thank you for continuing :)

I think Phi may have to stay a handmaiden for a bit in the sequel. I might have a secret wedding of sommik, but straight out marrying Phi might not be realistic.

Also, soon.

o.o trainmail11@gmail.com 2012-07-04

I love you for ever writing Queensbride. @_@

I love you for ever reviewing Queensbride. @_@

darklighter 2012-07-05

Having read portions of your book, I found this vingette (both parts) to be quite interesting, and the last QB one touching. Seeing Sidja, who always assumed control before, almost stepping on eggshells around Phi really made me think and wonder, for what reason I can't say as I can't quite describe it myself. As usual, your writing was excellent and insightful, and I should hope to see more of anything you have to show us :)

Cheers, mate! I'm glad you liked both sides. I wasn't sure Above would be allowed, or would be unwieldy, but it's part of the tale, so I let it be.

Roles shall be further tested and sex shall be further had in "QB2: Fifty Shades of White (Queen)" (other working title)

But in the meantime, please enjoy this, from the Queen and Phi;

Click the link!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.