Click Here!

Question - using aff.net to redirect ppl to other website?

Guest guest

Guest guest

Is it against TOS if someone simply posts up the first chapters of all their fics (as previews), but tells people that if they want to read the rest, they would have to join/friend them on LJ and read their story on LJ?

I'm asking because that's what one author is doing and it's a little annoying.

Their author profile number is 1296882872

I know it's normal for some authors to start a story but a few chapters decide that they are "no longer updating on aff.net, find me at blah blah blah", but this person is just posting up shells of a story to redirect people to her LJ.

Guest guest

Yes, that is against ToS. Specifically, because they're adding teaser/previews. It constitutes unauthorized advertising. Thanks for informing us.

Okay thanks :)

Sorry to bother you again but there is yet another author doing the same thing. She posts up 2 chapters of all her works, but in the second chapter puts up this message:

"IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE: I've decided to remove my stories (which include this one) from AFF and all the other websites where I've posted them. It's just too tiring to update it on different places every time I have a new chapter, and this way I don't have to worry about the different formats. When I finish writing all the fics I'll probably put them up again, (but that will take a while... a BIG while) so for now they'll remain with the first two chapters. So, if you want to know where you can read my stories (which will be posted in one place only), check my profile for more info!"

The author's account number is 1296885081

She sounds suspiciously the same as the first person I was talking about in this thread...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.