Click Here!

Carnivores: Winter

2dragonkat

So there's this whole AN limit here on aff.net. Tis a little frustrating because now everything won't be together. But we just gotta deal with the hand we're given.

Therefore I've opened a discussion thread so I can post my replies to the reviews I get for each chapter (another frustration of this site is the inability to reply but we do what we gotta do). I will also post update info and maybe even previews if I'm feeling so inclined.

Here we go.

Update: July 29, 2011

Transferred my replies to the reviews for the prologue and chapter 1 of Carnivores: Winter. Chapter 2 responses will come when I post chapter 3. That should be in less than a week.

Oh and a quick FYI. I will be posting on a two week schedule. The only time an update will some sooner is if I finish writing the chapter I'm on. For example. I'm writing chapter 18 right now. If I get it done before two weeks is up I'll post the next chapter. A little reward for everyone. But if I don't get the chapter written in two weeks the next update will happen. Only outside forces (i.e. real life) will prevent an update.

Prologue and Chapter 1 replies (to all reviews posted before I updated with chapter 2)

----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to everyone who reviewed the prologue and chapter 1 of this story. I just realized that I could set up an email update for people who are interested, since there's no feature here for that. If you want me to email you an update just leave your email or email me to let me know and I'll get a list going.

gws22416 - Thank you for your comments. The prologue was kinda meant as an info dump because I found that putting this information in the story took away from the flow my characters had, it felt forced. Now I haven't revealed everything in this world and some things will be revealed through my characters. Your suggestions are good, but I've gotten too far into this story to really redo it at the moment. Maybe after its all posted. And thank you for reviewing even though you will no doubt stop reading since this isn't your cup of tea. It's really admirable. Thank you. And I don't have a FurAffinity or SoForry account because this isn't really furry, but that was the closest warning I could get here on aff to Kemonomimi, which is what my boys really are. Thanks again.

kissedbymidnight (x2) - Prologue: I'm glad I didn't overwhelm you with info, that's the last thing I wanted to do. But I wanted everyone to have a sense of this world and how it came to be. I had trouble with the tenses in the prologue (couldn't decide between present and past and it got kinda jumbled) but I usually stick with past tense. Chapter 1: I'm glad you're enjoying it and interested to see more. Daz will seem a little soft for a bit but trust me, his wild side will come out more than once. He'll never be tamed. And yeah, I see the over explaining thing. These first chapters I'm trying really hard to get everyone into the world and the story before I just let it tell itself and stop giving too much back history. Thanks for pointing it out. Hopefully I tone it down as we continue. Thanks so much for your comments.

JaAnEttE - I'm so happy you're enjoying it and want to see more. Thank you for your comment. I'm glad you like Bion and Daz as much as I do. Description is one of the things I love to do and I'm happy its working for you.

Athenaartisan - Thank you. I'm glad you're eager for more. I've worked hard to give as much depth to the characters and world as I can, to make them "real" as you say, rather than copies or being too flat. You're very welcome, I'm happy to share.

MustLove_PrettyBoys - Thanks for your comments. I'm super happy you like my boys and I hope you enjoy their interactions as the story progresses.

smint45 - Thank you so much! I'm really glad you're enjoying it. I adore shapeshifters and mpreg too so it was an easy choice for me to write my first original story with both. You're very welcome. And you're making me blush from your kind words. Thank you.

Julia - Thank you for your comments. I'm so happy you're enjoying it and are enjoying the setting I've created. There will certainly be lots and lots of adventures for these boys. You're very welcome. I'm so happy you like the world and characters I've created.

Sheireen - Aww thank you so much. I think the rest of the story is half as good as the start but I'll let you be the judge ;) So happy you're liking it and thanks for commenting.

Leowardelf - Thanks for commenting. I really like their relationship too. And you'll certainly get to read more.

Tripliss - Thank you. I'm starting to feel glad I've posted it too. The response I'm getting is so much more than I expected. I'm thinking chapters will be coming every two weeks. Even though I have a lot written I write slow so I want to make sure I'll always have something to post. And yes, I've posted this story on fictionpress, aarinfantasy, and y!gal. I'm super happy you like the first chapter and are excited to read more. I hope you enjoy the rest.

SneakySpy - I'm glad you like it and thanks for commenting. And I'm happy you want to read more. Generating interest is the best thing I could accomplish with this story.

Heather - I'm glad you're enjoying it and are excited to read more. You're welcome, and thanks for posting.

mdevries08 - Thank you so much! I'm glad I'm posting it too. I'm really happy you're enjoying the world I've made and its characters. It's great to see my hard work is paying off. I'm glad you want to read more. Thank you. And yeah, its the reason I have so much written before posting. It makes me sad too when I have to go so long without an update from a story I enjoy. Sometimes I lose interest in a story even if its good if it takes a while to update. And that's the last thing I want to do to my readers. Expect a pretty constant two week update from me.

kyuubifreak - Thanks, I'm glad you're eager to read more.

Eien_no_Ren - Thanks so much. Updates will be coming roughly every two weeks.

Amylith-foxflames - I'm glad you're enjoying it and want to see more. Thanks for commenting.

• 1 month later...

Chapter 2 Responses

JeAnEttE - Glad you liked the update. They are a couple of sweeties aren't they. So cute. I'm so happy you're enjoying the slow progression of their relationship.

myrt - Yeah, very lengthy. I'm so glad you're enjoying it. I agree with you one hundred percent. It was one of my biggest peeves when I was reading more heavily (before I started writing as a hobby). I would stumble across a story with great potential and then realize it was left unfinished. So I promise to not do that. I just love Dazbog, he's my ideal seme. Rough and tough on the outside and all gooey and mushy on the inside. I'm glad I'm striking the right balance. I want to give enough explanation and pacing to the plot but I also don't want to get too caught up in the details that I lose sight of what's important. i.e. getting Dazbog and Bion in bed together XD. I'm so happy you're enjoying the progression of their budding relationship. I hope I'll update soon too. ^_^

blueskies - Thank you so much. Yeah, it's a really big project. The biggest I've ever undertaken 9and it just seems to get bigger with each subsequent chapter I write). But that's the good part. I enjoy writing and it results in more to read for everyone else. I'm so glad you're enjoying my writing style too. I want my story to be an enjoyable read from both a plot and grammatical point of view. So glad I'm succeeding in that regard for you.

smint45 - Yay! So happy you liked the update hun. They are so cute together. I just want to snuggle up to them. It's refreshing to let my boys get to know one another instead of hopping right into bed like I'm prone to. ^_^ I'm so happy you're enjoying their story.

MustLove_PrettyBoys - Yeah, they are, aren't they. A pair of cuties they are.

Amylith-foxflames - You're on the list! I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter.

Anon - Thank you so much, I'm so happy you're enjoying my story here. I'm not sure if I got you on the list for the ch3 update but you're on it now.

SneakySpy - Thank you so much. Yeah, I update fictionpress and aff roughly the same time. There's probably only a few minutes difference. And fictionpress is set up better for updates and stuff. And if I can get on top of the serious amount of editing I need to do and get back into writing it then we might just see a more frequent update schedule. For now...it's kinda whenever I find the time. ^_^

sarah999 - Thanks so much. I'm glad you're liking my story. I really took my time with this sucker (about two years) to get it to where it is. I hope I update soon too. XD

YM - I'm feeling glad that I started to share this story too. I was so scared at first but now I'm feeling more at ease. The welcoming response I've been getting has been amazing. Thank you so much. I spent a lot of time developing this story and the characters and I'm so happy you are liking them.

Midnightsscream - I'm glad you're enjoying it so far and I hope you enjoy how it progresses from here. It is going to be a nice long epic ride and there will be lots of twists and turns that I hope will keep everyone engaged and entertained. Thanks so much!

hitachiintwinlover - Thank you hun. I'm so happy you are liking my story. I've spent a lot of time developing Bion and Daz and playing with their relationship so it's great to hear it's working out like I hoped. That they're interesting and folks are excited to see their relationship progress. I'm so happy you can feel their chemistry as much as I do. I'm also glad you enjoyed the prologue. I wanted everyone to know what they were getting into beforehand. And you're very welcome. Thank you for the lovely review.

VerbalVomit - Thank you! They are adorable aren't they. Yay, it's really nice to hear that it's easy for you to read. I love these kind of characters too.. They're fun to read and to write. Yeah, tis a bit nerwracking to start posting something I've been working on for so long and is so precious to me. But we can't improve if we don't keep moving forward. And one of the greatest joys of writing is sharing it for other people to enjoy.

wolfedaemon - Yay! It makes me so happy to hear that you're enjoying what I'm doing. I'm glad you found my story and like it. I plan to keep going with this until it's finished and I'm satisfied. And not a moment sooner. I detest seeing a good story left halfway done so I swore to myself I will never do it myself. Thank you so much! Things should be getting interesting as my boys get closer and closer.

MyracleSenri - I'm so happy you're enjoying my story. Most of it is already written, it's just a matter of editing some very sloppy grammatical issues I have in the earlier chapters. It's nice to know you're eager for more and I hope I can deliver. Thanks.

Knyght - Sorry to keep you waiting. I hope you liked it. It makes me so happy that you're excited to see more, because I'm excited to share more. Thank you so much!

narrowdoorways - Thank you so much. I hope you enjoy the upcoming drama and lovin', it should be good. You are on the list now!

Seyfran - You're very welcome, I'm so happy you find it interesting. And I'm eager to share more of their romance. ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3 Responses

Nymph Nyx - I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far. And you are on the update list.

smint45 - Yeah...I like to torture my babies a bit. Poor Bion. And now that we know what happened to Bion, it's time to find out what happened to Dazbog. I think both back stories are rough, but for different reasons. I hope to start updating sooner too.

JStorm - I'm so happy you find it interesting. That's awesome and lets me know I'm doing something right. I've always enjoyed the combinations of animals with humans from both a physical and mental stand point. I hope you enjoy how it all plays out. And I love exile too. It's a good ice breaker. Currently I'm working on ch18. Even so updates are becoming slightly sporadic. I have to find time to edit each chapter. These earlier ones are really rough format wise so each takes a couple hours to get looking good enough to post. But yeah, I've got a lot done with the ending still far, far away. ^_^

The_Horseman_Of_Death - You are on the list.

billkaulitzgrl - Yay, I'm so happy you like it. The hot smex is coming soon ;). The mpreg is still a ways off, but I like the build up to everything. It allows me to explore the characters a lot instead of rushing things. And you're on the update list.

Falloutangel - Thank you so much. I'm so happy you found it too. Let me know if you want to be on the update list.

Windy - Hi! I'm glad my story is standing out for you in a unique way. Thank you so much for your kind comments, it's very encouraging. Lets me know I'm doing things right for my audience. I want to pace this story and let it evolve on its own rather than rushing anything. The death of the lion was just one of those unfortunate plot points I needed to use. We'll see what the future will hold for everyone. I'm glad you're on board for this epic ride. You're on the list!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LakotaGirl

A couple questions, as promised in my review.

On the features of the snow leopard, which is a favorite cat of mine, their ears, like most big cats, have become rounded. In their case it is believed to be because of the cold environment in which they live. Also their eyes are the very unusual colors of green or gray (sometimes mistaken for blue).

Did you go with pointed ears and yellow eyes to be more domestically feline or are the eyes a choice for contrast with Dazbog's blue ones?

Do I sense a bit of foreshadowing with the mention of Dazbog's friend vowing to return to find him some day?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.