Click Here!

Can't Upload a New Chapter

Guest Atris

To the cookie question: Yes, that was one of the first things I did since I know that can usually be part of any computer problem, but it didn't help.

To Atris: Was the word "Kill" in the beginning of your sentence that was giving you trouble?

It was, actually. The character speaks the word so it looked like, "Kill," but I don't think the quotations around it made a difference. I've used different forms of the word and similar phrases in my writing and had no problems before, just this one time.

It was, actually. The character speaks the word so it looked like, "Kill," but I don't think the quotations around it made a difference. I've used different forms of the word and similar phrases in my writing and had no problems before, just this one time.

Huh then there's the similarity. It only happens when the word "kill" is in the very beginning of the sentence, cause that was the one that made mine error. And I've used the word 'kill''killing' 'killed' in the previous chapter about five times, but none of them were the beginning of the sentence. Curiouser and curiouser.

We'll start with my machine specs

AMD Phenom II X4 805 (quad core)

8GB DDR RAM

1 TB HDD

OS - Windows 7, SP 1

Connection - broadband

---

I will be doing this test in the original subdomain, as that appears to be where you're all having issues.

---

Safari v 5.1 build 7534.50

Firefox v 5.01

Internet Explorer 9.0.0

Chrome 12.0.742.122

Opera 11.50 Build 1074

One other thing (which I will let them know as well) it appears to be specific to c/p from a word document. I can c/p from any other program and have it add. Just not word. I also let the other tech know, in case it's something in the conf file for the rte. She installed and configured it, so it's possible there's something else at play as well. Although I doubt it, as it was all working before the upgrade and file migration.

Heard back from Nexcess as well, and they are checking the perms at the root level on their end.

You should now be able to post from an actual word doc, docx. I tested it, and it added, with NO loss of your chapter data. The only other weird thing I'm seeing is a string at the very top that has a series of binary code, then something saying "html code", etc. That's a simple fix. Delete it, it has no affect on your data.

So, now I have to chase down why it does that, but I think that may very well be a Word issue with the RTE itself, rather than the system issue that was happening where exceptions had to be made in Apache.

Chasing down another thing is irrelevant, at least you can all add chapters and publish stories from your docs in native Word format! ;)

You should now be able to post from an actual word doc, docx. I tested it, and it added, with NO loss of your chapter data. The only other weird thing I'm seeing is a string at the very top that has a series of binary code, then something saying "html code", etc. That's a simple fix. Delete it, it has no affect on your data.

So, now I have to chase down why it does that, but I think that may very well be a Word issue with the RTE itself, rather than the system issue that was happening where exceptions had to be made in Apache.

Chasing down another thing is irrelevant, at least you can all add chapters and publish stories from your docs in native Word format! ;)

Yes! That is the important thing! I'm so glad everything is fixed and okay now. Thanks a lot for going through all that to fix it!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.