Click Here!

Weird issues after upgrade

DemonGoddess

First one would be what Rogue reported in the other topic...the search function not working right.

I've already notified Nexcess, as the indexes need rebuilt and the daemon restarted. They have to do it, as I don't have the access to that.

Hey, I'm not sure if this has to do with the upgrade, but I just tried to post a new chapter to one of my stories and after I got everything written in and clicked "Add Chapter" it would pop up with that "HTTP 500" error or whatever it was. If it's something that will go away on its own thats great, but I just wanted to let you know.

What I've done for the search function in forum, is to set it back to traditional search methods. This way, it still works, while I wait for Nexcess to upgrade the core module, reindex the engine and reset the search daemon

that was while we were resolving the permissions and the speed issues. The menu is java based, so if the host server is responding slowly, that's what you see. It shouldn't be much of an issue now, unless you run in to connection issues like I've been

error072611.jpg

while posting up a thread in staff.

Edit: it let me post a thread with images, but it's not letting me post the associated links

2nd Edit: It did let me post the links but only after I made a test post, then edited the test post. You'll know which thread I'm talking about when you get to it, I think.

Edited by RogueMudblood

turns out this was caused by directory permissions not quite set (that was due to the transfer I'm sure). So I am now going through all directories checking, and resetting perms where needed. This should fix the issue everywhere.

I'll be checking the documents sent to me after work. One other thing, you may need to clear your cookies for the archive. This is a new machine, so the data was transferred from the old one. As a result, unless you clear your cookies, I expect most will have issues, now that everything is pointing to the new machine.

• 1 month later...

I had a member contact me via PM about a disclaimer issue, and the member was concerned because she said the story was missing. I was able to access it with no issues, so I'm wondering if this is connected with the issue tambra had.

Then again, this could be a case of member malfunction... trying to find a story in the wrong subdomain...