Click Here!

Email Review Notification System

Guest DarkAvenger

Guest DarkAvenger

As the title of this post suggests, we have implemented a new feature on the site. This time, I think that people will actually be happy with the new feature, rather than angry about it!

Within the past hour we have added the option for people to be notified via email of all new reviews on their stories! The option is defaulted to OFF and must be turned on by the author.

Here is how one would go about turning it ON:

Click on "Edit Profile"

You will find 2 new checkboxes at the top of your profile edit page.

Enable review notifier [ ]

[ ] Include text of review in email

Checkmark the options that you wish to activate.

Click the "Alter Profile" button at the bottom of the page.

We hope you will appreciate this option and enjoy it! Please also ensure that you have a valid email in your profile or you won't get your notifications!

Cool beans!

And, to answer the question i just researched, if you adjust your profile on the, say, 'Original' control panel, it automatically adjusts your profile on other sections, like Television or Books.

No need to do it more than once.

Cooler beans!

spurtles and haggis! That's wonderful. kissblush.gif I...I just have to kiss someone! This is like...so grown up and everything. It's a real site now. A real site! Better and better. It's like angels are smiling down on everyone!

Ya know I was just going to suggest something like this! Fantastic.

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

Argh, okay, I think we have a bug. When I received a review, I didn't get an e-mail. However, when I left a review, I got an e-mail with the review in it (and yet, it was the review I left).

Could it be my browser? (Though, that doesn't seem like something that would be browser related.)

And before you ask, I did check my spam folder. Nada.

Guest echtrae

Apologies. The issue you are discussing is now fixed. When I created the mod, I kept testing on my stuff and didn't think past the fact that everything had my email addy on it.

Guest echtrae

I clearly miscommunicated. happy.gif

What was happening was, that the person who posted the review, got the email. Not the author. It's all fixed now.

So quit playing with my soul SJ. sad.gif

• 2 weeks later...